PDA

View Full Version : Armed Cartel Spotter Takes Aim at Drone in Arizona

Nightvisionary
02-05-20, 03:35
Armed Sinaloa drug cartel spotter takes aim at Arizona Border Recon drone. These are the cartel teams that sit on mountaintops with binos and encrypted radios acting as traffic controllers for dope mule crews at the border.

https://youtu.be/D-sp7VqQt4Y

utahjeepr
02-05-20, 05:51
They should send a Predator drone next time.

Honu
02-05-20, 06:44
Ditto next vid should just be going in and poof

Watrdawg
02-05-20, 07:27
They should send a Predator drone next time.

Definitely! Would love to see the exact same video sequence and have it end with the spotter disappearing in a fireball of destruction.

OH58D
02-05-20, 09:27
Back in the Spring of 1983, my first aviation assignment was flying from Fort Huachuca to Yuma Proving Grounds with xperimental radar jamming gear in the OH-6 air frame. I'd fly past Tucson into the Tohono O'Odham Reservation towards Ajo and across the Luke AFB Bombing Range. Out in the open desert you'd see small groups of illegals crossing the desert where Summer temperatures would kill you. A few times we'd burn off a little extra fuel and orbit the scene, watching the folks hunker down behind any bit of Mesquite or scrub brush. We were operating on military channels so we wouldn't interact with Border Patrol.

The only thing that seems to have changed is an armed criminal invasion of the US, whereas it was just poor people with nothing coming in.

Jellybean
02-05-20, 10:19
Oh bosh, surely it's not a cartel scout, it's just another doctor or lawyer who got lost trying to cross the border on their way to a better life. It's sad that in Trump's America even the refugees have to arm themselves to be protected from the emboldened violent right wing extremists. The poor man wasn't doing anything but resting under his tarp for shade, so of course, being a person of color, when he saw the drone his first instinct was to fear for his life, because of the systemic oppression of peoples of color perpetuated by law enforcement in the united states.
#armallrefugees #cleartheskies #justicefortarpsitters

:rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HzVOCbaT3M

Grand58742
02-05-20, 10:32
Perhaps a squadron of A-10s could be loaned to the BP guys?

OH58D
02-05-20, 10:35
Perhaps a squadron of A-10s could be loaned to the BP guys?
There used to be a good number of A-10s at Davis-Monthan AFB in Tucson, close by.

Nightvisionary
02-05-20, 12:47
There used to be a good number of A-10s at Davis-Monthan AFB in Tucson, close by.

Oh they are still there. Last year I was on a mountaintop just north of the border. Two of them flew so low directly over my head I could count the rivets in the airframe. It was unsettling to see them coming in. It reminded me of the botched napalm drop scene in We Were Soldiers.

Pappabear
02-05-20, 13:25
I had an OTC Deer tag in Cartel area. Spoke with Bordor Patrol and the foot chases were nightly. Burlap sack pieces all over the barbed wire fence everywhere. They have a truck that was awesome with 7 mile spotter. Its so prolific its crazy.

They said if you see someone, no big deal, but if he is on a horse, be careful.

PB

OH58D
02-05-20, 16:30
I had an OTC Deer tag in Cartel area. Spoke with Bordor Patrol and the foot chases were nightly. Burlap sack pieces all over the barbed wire fence everywhere. They have a truck that was awesome with 7 mile spotter. Its so prolific its crazy.

They said if you see someone, no big deal, but if he is on a horse, be careful.

PB
I don't know what part of Arizona you reside in, but back in my college days in Tucson, I had friends who had a ranch in southern Santa Cruz County south of Sonoita. It was a place called Sunnyside Canyon below Parker Canyon Lake. We'd go horseback riding along the border and into Mexico with no issues because there were no barriers. Every mile we see a pile of stones from the Emory Expedition of the 1850's which marked the border of the Gadsden Purchase. The only problems we'd encounter were Rattlesnakes and Javalinas - the latter some nasty critters.

fred
02-07-20, 14:19
I don't know what part of Arizona you reside in, but back in my college days in Tucson, I had friends who had a ranch in southern Santa Cruz County south of Sonoita. It was a place called Sunnyside Canyon below Parker Canyon Lake. We'd go horseback riding along the border and into Mexico with no issues because there were no barriers. Every mile we see a pile of stones from the Emory Expedition of the 1850's which marked the border of the Gadsden Purchase. The only problems we'd encounter were Rattlesnakes and Javalinas - the latter some nasty critters.

That is one of my favorite places! Even in the craziest of times, beautiful.

fred
02-07-20, 14:23
This is America and freedom is freedom, but please be careful. The good guys do not know who you are and the bad guys, well, you know.