PDA

View Full Version : Geissele CS

Schootz
02-07-20, 08:42
What has been your experience waiting for a response from Geissele? I do not want to be "that customer" and pester, but I filled out the online form on Monday and still have not heard back.

Typical/usual?

labeef
02-07-20, 08:54
I sent them an email over a week ago and have yet to hear back. Kind of frustrating since I waited so long to get some parts from BF. They came with issues and I have to wait even longer to get the issues resolved. I suspect I won't be able to use my BF purchase for at least a month.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ace4059
02-07-20, 09:12
Ordered a trigger from Black Friday sale. Website listed 8 week lead time. Received a shipping notice that item was shipped January 16th. I emailed them Wednesday February 5th since I have not received the package, wanting to make sure it wasn’t lost in the mail. Still no response but it’s only been two days. I’ll give them a week before calling.

ssc
02-07-20, 09:25
FYI. On the TOS, in the industry section, there were similar complaints. A G rep responded about how backlogged they were.

Perhaps take a look.

Cheers, Steve

dmd08
02-07-20, 09:58
They emailed me to cancel my signature rifle purchase in the middle of January. I emailed them back twice and had no response.

I've called twice now and talked to a real person about the issue. They didn't seem to know about the email. The 2nd rep I talked to had no idea about what I had talked to the first rep about. I thought the 2nd call resolved the issue but it's been 2 weeks with no change and no further communication.

They were very nice when I spoke to them. I intentionally had tried not to contact them until I got the cancellation email because I know they're swamped. But additionally they don't seem to know what they're doing regarding ffl stuff.

But even my 700 trigger and charging handle haven't shipped yet. I'm the 13% I guess.

Biggy
02-07-20, 10:13
To *possibly* get the fastest response from them, I would try calling them first thing in the morning when they open for business.. If you don’t call, I would keep sending them an email every five days. You would think since they are that far snowed under, they would put more manpower on it until they get back caught up again.

Eurodriver
02-07-20, 11:41
Geissele’s CS sounds almost as bad as Surefire’s. Wow.

This is why I never backorder anything. My time is worth way more than the $50 or whatever you save during deals.

nightchief
02-07-20, 11:47
What has been your experience waiting for a response from Geissele? I do not want to be "that customer" and pester, but I filled out the online form on Monday and still have not heard back.

Typical/usual?

My only experience with their CS was for a trigger issue. The trigger shoe casting had a defect. Geissele made it right and quickly. I discussed the issue with one of their employees and had an RMA before we were done talking on the phone. They replaced the entire trigger and covered the shipping both directions.

JediGuy
02-07-20, 15:23
Since the question is about, I would say that the two times I have communicated with them went very well.
One, I canceled an unneeded backordered item. Two, an item showed unavailable on the site...which they then sent to me free of charge.

hotrodder636
02-07-20, 15:26
Time and hassle are not worth it, agreed.

Geissele’s CS sounds almost as bad as Surefire’s. Wow.

This is why I never backorder anything. My time is worth way more than the $50 or whatever you save during deals.

fred
02-07-20, 15:27
All of my emails were responded to, within a couple of days, addressing each concern to my satisfaction.

labeef
02-07-20, 15:58
All of my emails were responded to, within a couple of days, addressing each concern to my satisfaction.This has been my experience pre 2019 black Friday

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

pag23
02-07-20, 19:24
Between SHOT and the NRA Outdoor Show..they are probably exhausted...either way I haven't had any issues dealing with them the few times I had to.

Eurodriver
02-07-20, 19:50
Between SHOT and the NRA Outdoor Show..they are probably exhausted...either way I haven't had any issues dealing with them the few times I had to.

Dude. You know every single industry has trade shows right? LITERALLY even the art you see in hotel rooms has a 3-5 day trade show in Atlanta.

Cars. Motorcycles. Boats. Televisions. Phones. Farm equipment. Outdoor furniture. Indoor furniture. Roofing materials. Chainsaws and tools.

Literally *clap clap clap pat the weave* everything you buy has its own industry SHOT equivalent.

But for some reason - only the gun industry shuts everything down for a week in January. Like, do these companies bring their shipping departments with them to SHOT? If so, why?!? Imagine needing your Toyota serviced but the dealer couldn’t get through to verify your warranty information because Toyota was at a car show.

Why can’t any gun company (even one as big as Surefire, which, oh by the way I tried contacting them after my $750 X400V shit the bed on me in January of 2016 and was told after a 2 hour wait time “Call back in a week everyone is at SHOT”) understand that an industry show is not an excuse for poor CS and shipping delays?

If Geissele can’t handle the order volume then they shouldn’t be accepting back orders. If Billy G didn’t know to expect an influx of calls/emails when their Black Friday “deal” still hadn’t shipped 3 months later then he’s about as dumb as the owner of that one company that made really good triggers but then tried to vertically integrate every AR15 component including optics into its business model....

Oh wait...

jpmuscle
02-07-20, 19:54
Dude. You know every single industry has trade shows right? LITERALLY even the art you see in hotel rooms has a 3-5 day trade show in Atlanta.

Cars. Motorcycles. Boats. Televisions. Phones. Farm equipment. Outdoor furniture. Indoor furniture. Roofing materials. Chainsaws and tools.

Literally *clap clap clap pat the weave* everything you buy has its own industry SHOT equivalent.

But for some reason - only the gun industry shuts everything down for a week in January. Like, do these companies bring their shipping departments with them to SHOT? If so, why?!? Imagine needing your Toyota serviced but the dealer couldn’t get through to verify your warranty information because Toyota was at a car show.

Why can’t any gun company (even one as big as Surefire, which, oh by the way I tried contacting them after my $750 X400V shit the bed on me in January of 2016 and was told after a 2 hour wait time “Call back in a week everyone is at SHOT”) understand that an industry show is not an excuse for poor CS and shipping delays?

If Geissele can’t handle the order volume then they shouldn’t be accepting back orders. If Billy G didn’t know to expect an influx of calls/emails when their Black Friday “deal” still hadn’t shipped 3 months later then he’s about as dumb as the owner of that one company that made really good triggers but then tried to vertically integrate every AR15 component including optics into its business model....

Oh wait...

Geissele be like just sprinkle some precision coffee on your salty wounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RHINOWSO
02-07-20, 20:15
People wanking because they waited all year to get 40% off.

Either shut up and wait or quit being poor.

ABNAK
02-07-20, 20:45

Oh wait...

Agreed 100%.

You're analogy about SHOT and the gun industry isn't far from the truth I'm sure (if it isn't spot on).

BG has some top-notch products. I don't need or desire most of it. However, I have G triggers in almost all of the AR's I have. Love the SD-C feel of the straight trigger bow.

Having said that, there is certainly a reason for teeth-clenching when you hear or read of the 2020 SHOT show and BG and crew are there, despite having significant backlogs on the homefront.

I agree with your "no backorders" policy. It has been mine for a long time. It usually means "we're advertising shit we don't have in stock". I dropped a few bucks on a Geissele REBCG for the BF sale and wasn't in a big hurry. Got it before the 8-week mark (for those who will bring it up). Yet I see here (and TOS) that mucho people haven't gotten their stuff in that timeframe. People who ordered later got stuff before folks who ordered considerably earlier. Full-price first was a stated policy. The shipping department may not be running optimally.

Will I use Geissele products in the future? You bet. Could there be some re-arrangement of priorities? Likely so.

26 Inf
02-07-20, 21:17
Dude. You know every single industry has trade shows right? LITERALLY even the art you see in hotel rooms has a 3-5 day trade show in Atlanta......

Oh wait...

Good post, correct perspective.

My only experience with Geissel customer service was good - it involved a Maritime Bolt Catch that broke, I called to give them a heads up, and had a helluva time convincing them not to send me a new one.

Likewise, my BF order was received quickly, but it was just a couple of charging handles.

Certainly understand the irritation over delays in shipping, and no response to emails and calls, though.

ETA: They did send me a Geissele flag with one order, that also moves them up IMO.

OldState
02-07-20, 21:29
I got my BF triggers and safety in about a week. The rail and CH I ordered came beginning of Jan. I had issues logging on via my iPad and was conversing for several day with a rep by email.

02-07-20, 22:54
I don't really care for the way they handle the Black Friday sales.

They shell a shitload of product they don't have, and then maybe one guy ships the stuff as it trickles off the production lone.

I needed an optic ordered this past week and called Geissele to see if they had one. They did. Sales guy told me they were swamped. I told him that if he put me in line behind the BF people, I'd need a BF price or I wasn't ordering. Ok. It shipped out the next morning.

26 Inf
02-07-20, 23:32
I needed an optic ordered this past week and called Geissele to see if they had one. They did. Sales guy told me they were swamped. I told him that if he put me in line behind the BF people, I'd need a BF price or I wasn't ordering. Ok. It shipped out the next morning.

Ahh, there you are, shoving women and children to the side on your way to the life boats. :jester:

LowSpeed_HighDrag
02-08-20, 01:40
I was always happy with pre-BF Geissele CS. I've spent a few thousand there over the last two years, and they always treated me right.

Post BF, I made a BF order which I canceled after 6 weeks, and I bought a SVPS optic combo. I have been less than pleased with the current state of their CS, and while I really like many of their products, I'll probably wait a while before giving them any more business, at least until they can figure out how to run a business again.

I think it's pretty stupid how thinly they stretched themselves, and their recent excuses about why they can't seem to figure out how to do anything right. Manufacturing issues, shipping issues, FFL issues, stock issues, etc have been plaguing them. "Geissele all the things" doesn't ring well anymore for me.

I hope they fix their malfunctions, I like their shit.

Oh, and I'm sure WASP will come in here to let us know how unworthy we are for the honor of receiving bad customer service and dishonest wait times.

Eurodriver
02-08-20, 05:40
Lol @ LSHD. I’ve never understood why folks defend companies that have done nothing but take your money.

lol too

mark5pt56
02-08-20, 06:17
Another General thread

fred
02-08-20, 20:56
People wanking because they waited all year to get 40% off.

Either shut up and wait or quit being poor.

I never wanked over poor customer service, but I think I get your very fair point.

Still, someone should at least stay back to man the phones, that's not asking too much.

ace4059
02-12-20, 13:26
I’m glad I emailed them. They responded two days ago to my first email and said the item shipped even though I didn’t receive it after 3 weeks. They emailed me again today, Turns out item was lost in the mail and they are sending a replacement.

Sry0fcr
02-12-20, 13:36
From my experience 2 of the biggest killers of companies are growing to fast or not scaling back fast enough. We'll see if this becomes a cautionary tale as Big G continues to expand their offerings while not being able to deliver their core products.

ace4059
02-12-20, 15:25
I don’t mind the waiting part as long as it’s disclosed before ordering (which they did).
I am just glad they took care of me as a customer instead of it turning into a hassle about trying to get the trigger I ordered.
I figured I would’ve had to dispute the charge on my CC since I never got the package but they promptly shipped again.

MountainRaven
02-28-20, 16:33
So far, I’ve been having good luck with Geissele’s CS.

I did decide to cancel an order that I placed around New Year’s, that hasn’t shipped and their response was pretty swift in email format.

SeriousStudent
02-29-20, 08:07
This thread was opened by a notorious troll (Reverend Paul) that was banned over a dozen times. Probably okay to drive a stake through this one's heart as well.