PDA

View Full Version : Companies that ship promptly, and those who don't/

26 Inf
02-07-20, 22:08
Mods - don't know if this is the right spot, didn't think it went in GD since it is parts related.

My experiences with shipping:

Joebob Outfitters - absolute top in my mind. If I order something before noon as often or not I'll have it the next day. Of course I'm right at 120 miles from them. I believe if they have it in stock it goes out that day.

Mapul - has always shipped promptly in my experience. Latest experience was an order last Friday, which showed up Wednesday, less than a week. My only minor complaint is that unlike a lot of companies, they don't send an email notification, so I'm pleasantly surprised when the stuff shows up quickly.

BCM - another prompt shipper, I've bought numerous blem uppers, a new Mk2 upper, a couple of receiver extensions, an upper and other items. Never had cause to be concerned about not having the item in hand promptly. Only complaint, what do they expect me to do with the boatload of decals they put in each order? :cool:

PSA - when I first came onto M4C, I read all kinds of horror stories about PSA's shipping, and, of course their quality. Up to this point I've never been stung by either. Case in point, I jumped on what I thought was a good price for .223 considering the free shipping, order a couple thousand rounds on 2/3/20. It showed up today. Previous order was also for ammo, 2,000 rounds of ARMSCOR 55gr.' also free shipping, ordered 01/14/20, received 01/21/20.

Sionics - everything I've ordered from them shipped either the same day, or the next day. Sionics has the easiest to reference invoices/order histories I've come across.

Green Mountain barrels - Looked back over the last four orders I've made with them, everything shipped same day or next day EXCEPT one order I made December 29th, which shipped Janusry 2nd. Damn slackers LOL.

AR500Target Solutions - ship fast, send priority in flat rate boxes, I pity the mailman.

LaRue - when I first started ordering from them I gritted my teeth expecting to wait for the MBT trigger, never have, always bought using the lower cost 'no hurry when avaialable' option and have never had to wait more than a couple weeks. I did have to call and ask about my lower once, but only once.

Brownells - not as quick to ship as most I've listed, but not too slow in my experience.

All in all, My thoughts are that most companies are prompt shippers.

labeef
02-07-20, 22:22
I love Optics Planet (local ish) for almost everything. Supplying Patriots has been really fast for AK stuff. Black Phase Tactical is awesome for clone stuff, both prices and shipping.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

LowSpeed_HighDrag
02-08-20, 01:42
I've been doing a lot of shopping lately at Primary Arms. They seem to get my orders out super quick.

Wilson Combat, on the other hand, seems to take a few days to get me a tracking number....

Smokin338
02-08-20, 03:30
midwayUSA, lightning quick

Eurodriver
02-08-20, 05:35
Gotta place a caveat with Larue. If they have it in stock (which you have to call to find out) they ship fast. But it’s 2020. I don’t want to talk to someone to find out if I have to wait or not.

Like LSHD, I agree PA ships stupid fast.

Capitol Armory - Form 3s are taking just 2-3 days now which is crazy. I ordered a few cans on Monday and they shipped on Wednesday. Amazing.

Arisaka Defense ships lightning quick. Same day.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
02-08-20, 06:07
Gotta place a caveat with Larue. If they have it in stock (which you have to call to find out) they ship fast. But it’s 2020. I don’t want to talk to someone to find out if I have to wait or not.

Capitol Armory - Form 3s are taking just 2-3 days now which is crazy. I ordered a few cans on Monday and they shipped on Wednesday. Amazing.

Silencershop recently took a full month to get a form 3 done for me. I'll try Capitol next time if they have a smoking deal.

Impact Weapons Components always ships right away for me, and always does free shipping.

mark5pt56
02-08-20, 06:14
Placing this in General, enough will see it.

Circle_10
02-08-20, 06:17
Target Sports USA ships pretty fast. If I order ammo on a Wednesday its pretty common for me to get it on Friday. Now granted they are in CT and I’m in ME, so not all that far but it still seems extremely fast. It might be because I have a Prime membership with them though.

mark5pt56
02-08-20, 06:43
PowderValley, same day right now, they do place a notice on the homepage to indicate ship days based on order activity.

ggammell
02-08-20, 06:51
BigTex Outdoors - shipping labels usually done within minutes. Low cost shipping and fast delivery times for the price.

jschmitt08
02-08-20, 08:19
Primary Arms is another good one.

02-08-20, 09:14

I placed an order with LaRue for an optic I assumed was in stock. Three days later I get a back-order email. Called for three days trying to get an ETA, finally got someone to pick up after more than 10 minutes on hold, was gonna be over a month, so they had an alternative I could have lived with, but after wasting so much time with comms when they could have just had a website that worked, I just cancelled everything and bought it from Geissele.

02-08-20, 09:15
Primary Arms is another good one.

They are. If it's not in stock, you can't buy it, and if you call, they'll talk to you.

MegademiC
02-08-20, 09:16
Glockstore is fast

Mark71
02-08-20, 12:14
Centurion Arms - Placed a few orders and all were sent out asap. Shipping notifications are sent right away and always received my stuff in a few business days. Monty and Corrie are the best in the business.

Straight Shooter
02-08-20, 13:09
Young MFG.
Ordered a M16 NM bcg Thurs night- shipped Friday morning.
SG Ammo ships when they say it will.
DSG was fast as heck this week.
Not had much of a prob with PSA.

everready73
02-08-20, 13:27
Right to bear ships extremely fast. Usually ship same day as order

everready73
02-08-20, 13:29
BigTex Outdoors - shipping labels usually done within minutes. Low cost shipping and fast delivery times for the price.

This as well. Code Jedi15 works for 15% off of most items as well. Can get some good deals with the code

rero360
02-08-20, 14:08
I have also had exceptional service from Rainer Arms, everything ships fast. I once ordered the wrong part for a build, once I got it and realized it was wrong, I called them to see about returning it, they said they had the correct part which wasn’t even listed on the website, said they were boxing it up and mailing it out as we spoke and to send the other back when I get the chance. I don’t buy much these days what with the little one taking up all money, but when I do, they are one of the first places I look.

tgizzard
02-08-20, 14:10
AIM Surplus always ships fast and shipping is free on orders over $49.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OH58D
02-08-20, 16:16
On Gunbroker, there's a guy that sells a lot of vintage AR parts. He's not cheap but a reliable and fast shipper - he goes by Genofromreno. My bank account has had lots of experience with that seller.

SteyrAUG
02-08-20, 16:29
They are. If it's not in stock, you can't buy it, and if you call, they'll talk to you.

That is a hard thing to find these days.

Vegas
02-08-20, 17:18
Another vote for PA. 2 days to Vegas often.

DSG Arms has always been pretty quick also.

Reloading stuff from Midsouth is a reasonable time frame.

American Reloading is slow but they usually advertise when they have a lot of volume going on that slows shipping down.

Never had an issue with Arms Unlimited. From order to ship time is usually next day. Gets here quick because they are local.

Jsp10477
02-08-20, 19:56
Primary Arms is usually the fastest. Sionics, SOLGW, Cajun Gun Works and ARP all ship quickly. It took LMT about 3 days to accuracy test a barrel and get me a tracking number. I’ve been pleased with almost everyone I’ve ordered from.

hotrodder636
02-08-20, 20:12
Primary Arms is stupid fast. I would put PSA second, for ammo at least. TargetSportsUSA, SGAmmo and MidwayUSA also ship promptly. I have bought from Brownells but don’t remember if they were quick or not.

For guns G&R, Atlantic, GrabaGun and TopGun have all shipped promptly (within 48 hours).

titsonritz
02-08-20, 23:43
Forward Control Design is king of fast shipping, long live the Well Trained Shipping Monkey.

tb-av
02-09-20, 00:56
Optics Planet sucks ass for shipping.

30+ days for items they showed in stock.

Last 2 orders.

CountyComm. -- all the way across USA for me and very fast.

BCM has been very fast for me.

JoeBobs fast

Pretty much everyone except Optics Planet. I have even had conversations with friends pondering if they even have stock. The only reason I purchase from them is stacked discounts and I don't really need what I purchase any time soon.

eta: I'll +1 Primary Arms. They may be the one's that must have shipped me something before I ordered it. I think I got a HoloSun from them so fast I couldn't believe it.

BTW, I have no issue with someone telling me we have tons of stock but it will be three weeks delivery. Ammo shipping on holiday weeks and such. Magazines during an Obama election. I get that but I expect everything I order in stock to arrive in 7 days and it does. Except for Optics Planet.

Back orders, if I really want it, I'll wait months before I ask questions. But I would rate 99% of everyone I buy from at 100% totally reasonable to outstanding.

The_War_Wagon
02-09-20, 06:08
Granted, it was during the mag panic in the early days of the Obamanation Insurrection, but DSA listed PMags as, "BEING IN STOCK." So I ordered a dozen.

EIGHT MONTHS LATER... with NO COMMUNICATION THEREAFTER (despite repeated e-mails from MY end!).. they finally showed up! :mad:

I haven't dealt with them since.

danattyfatty
02-09-20, 06:21
Target Sports USA ships pretty fast. If I order ammo on a Wednesday its pretty common for me to get it on Friday. Now granted they are in CT and I’m in ME, so not all that far but it still seems extremely fast. It might be because I have a Prime membership with them though.

Target Sports is now mostly my go to for ammo. I’m in MD and if I order early enough on a business day, I get my stuff next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jsbhike
02-10-20, 11:28
Placed an order last night (Sunday) with Little Crow Gunworks, LLC and got the notice my item shipped out 11:14 AM this morning.

landrvrnut22
02-10-20, 13:52
I did not see them mentioned:

Rainier Arms ships very quickly.- I ordered several parts, 15" handguard, muzzle brake, and gas tube on a Friday morning, they were on my doorstep on that Sunday!

MountainRaven
02-10-20, 14:35
I've not had many negative experiences with online ordering, but those I have had, have been with companies that sell stuff they don't have in stock (namely LaRue Tactical and Geissele Automatics). As a result, I try not to order from companies that do not state whether something is in stock or not. Everywhere else, including Botach and Optics Planet, I've never had an issue with.

Brownell's did used to be slow on shipping, and expensive. But they've become my go-to for a lot of items as their shipping has become both very reasonable and very swift. Most of the rest of this is just a list of places I've ordered from (most of which have already been mentioned):

DSG
SKDTac
OPTactical
Crye Precision
Amazon (only problems I've had with Amazon have been related to items that weren't sold by Amazon - and weren't gun-related)
SGAmmo
TopGunSupply
Forward Control Design
Steyr Arms
Vortex Optics
Rainier Arms
Most of the guys I've bought stuff from on Gunbroker

Places that are a little slow (take one or two days to ship, IME, but I don't have a problem with it - they're just not as fast as the others):
Magpul
IWC
RCS
Wilson Combat
Bravo Company USA

Jsp10477
02-11-20, 11:58
Geissele and LaRue feel you should be thankful for the opportunity to do business with them. Both love the interest free loan market. Lol

pinzgauer
02-11-20, 12:18
Heard some bad stories regarding Botach, but I've had several orders that were prompt shipping.

All were on items confirmed to be in stock. I think where people get in trouble is when they order an item not in stock and its dropship or similar.

I've seen same day ship on some of their ebay overstocks.

Alexander arms is reasonable from stock, but can take a long time if backordered. Their website does not indicate stock status, so you have to watch the emails or call. They're always reasonable when I talked to him on the phone, but you can get a surprise and if something is backordered for 3 months they'll keep the order if you want it.

Whiteoak was not fast, but not slow. Shipped next day or day after.

Toolcraft dealers armorally and E Arthur brown were fast ships.

Dr. Bullseye
02-11-20, 12:45
Mcarbo
https://www.mcarbo.com/

sent me heavy duty magazine springs immediately and I got them a couple days later, the quickest I have ever had.