PDA

View Full Version : magpul rifle stocks

otto150
02-09-20, 08:10
anyone else really like these, I am a big fan all the way around .looks good and functions, good price also

otto150
02-09-20, 08:11
for ar rifles, I mean

opngrnd
02-09-20, 08:51
I have one on an SPR and it does what it should. I'll probably replace it with a Magpul UBR and use the rifle stock for a LW build one day.

GH41
02-09-20, 16:55
I must have logged onto facebook by mistake.

ACE31
02-09-20, 17:25
I have two on builds and really enjoy them. I feel they are better than stock A2s.

Quinn
02-11-20, 08:51

I’m dead..

markm
02-11-20, 09:06

Ha! If this were a LWRC thread, I'd lose it. Since it's Magpul (who doesn't need fake promotion), I guess he just likes the stock.

mark5pt56
02-11-20, 09:09
OP, get acquainted with the site, read and place topics in the right section. This barely qualifies in the AR general section.

opngrnd
02-11-20, 09:49
We all start somewhere. FWIW, I've seen some nice builds with them. I've been tempted to do an OD green LW middie w/FSB using this stock and matching handguard, grip, etc...

OP-look through some of the picture threads and you will see some of the builds people have done with this stock.

Stickman
02-11-20, 16:35
anyone else really like these, I am a big fan all the way around .looks good and functions, good price also

Which stock are you talking about? Do you mean the PRS?

titsonritz
02-11-20, 17:06

I infer this one...

https://magpul.com/firearm-accessories/stocks/ar15-m4-m16-sr25-m110-ar10/moe-rifle-stock.html?mp_global_color=118

...but yeah, pretty vague. Hell I like B5 stocks.

titsonritz
02-11-20, 17:08
Guess which one.

markm
02-11-20, 17:11

I was wondering too because I'm out of touch with the market... I was kinda hoping they did a simple A1 length stock that fit the rifle tube.

opngrnd
02-11-20, 17:45
I was wondering too because I'm out of touch with the market... I was kinda hoping they did a simple A1 length stock that fit the rifle tube.

That'd be awesome.

ABNAK
02-11-20, 18:01
Assuming he is savvy enough to recognize the distinction between mentioning rifle and carbine stocks (he does specify rifle) then no, I'm not a big fan of the Magpul fixed rifle stocks. As markm mentioned if it was simply an A1 length stock then it might not be an issue for me. But no, it appears to be more like the A2 monstrosity as far as LOP is concerned.

otto150
02-15-20, 11:09
well, sorry to harsh anyones mello..I was just making a civil conversation topic, that I like magpul ar rifle length stocks. did not mean to start a bickerfest

nyc_paramedic
02-15-20, 11:30

In that thread a while back, weren't you a fan of the Magpul Fixed Carbine stock? Would the A1 be a different length? I've never seen and A1.

Edit: Bzzzt. Never mind. rifle tube vs carbine tube.

Gunnar da Wolf
02-15-20, 13:23
I have two 20” rifles with the Magpul rifle stock. They are both on rifles with scope sights and fit me well for that use. Plus I like the storage space for a cleaning kit, batteries, wrenches, etc.

Stickman
02-15-20, 20:04
well, sorry to harsh anyones mello..I was just making a civil conversation topic, that I like magpul ar rifle length stocks. did not mean to start a bickerfest

Its possible you posted in the wrong place. If you are posting generic comments you might want to comment more in the general section. I don't see a bickerfest, I see people trying to find if you were making a point, and it doesn't appear you were (just trying to start a topic it sounds like). Live and learn, but this forum is a little more dialed in than than some of the others.

robbins290
02-17-20, 13:26
I bought a windham weaponry for hunting. It came with the magpul rifle stock. I planned on replacing it. after using it a bit. I found it feels just the same as an A2 stock. I would not replace a A2 stock with it. and if i was building a rifle, i would get the magpul if the price was the same as a A2 stock.

boss_hawg
02-17-20, 20:43
In my opinion, the Magpul rifle length stocks are fine. I’ve had three on various lowers but only kept one of those. It feels pretty good on the shoulder and cheek. Height is good for typical optics.

Pros:
-can usually be had for the same price or less than a quality A1/A2 stock
-does not need the A2 spacer.
-multiple sling mount options.
-multiple colors
-good storage
-solid lockup on install; no wiggle or rattle
-if I recall; the LOP is in the sweet spot longer than A1 but shorter than A2

Cons:
-it is ugly
-QD sling mount is sold separately
-does not have built-in LOP or cheek height adjustments

I recommend to anyone who:
-wants the rifle buffer system
-doesn’t care about cloning a particular government rifle
-doesn’t want to pay for a high end custom stock
-is trying to match a particular color scheme

My deer hunting rifle has one. It does the trick.

Stickman
02-18-20, 10:30
I'll go slightly off the rails and make this comment. The original design team at Magpul was like Rick James. They are/ were the the OG design super freaks,and the pieces they came out with had 1970s soul. Not that the designs looked like they were from the 70s, but some guys will get what I mean. The designs were absolutely new, freaky, and functional. Sure OG Magpul played it a little bit safe, but they threw caution to the wind with things like the UBR and going after a polymer magazine.

Magpul is obviously MUCH larger and successful now by way of volume, but I have to kick back and wonder who the next company is who will be able to hit everything at the right time, place, design and funding to make an impact on the AR15 world.

Personally, when it comes to rifles stock, I like the A1 and original PRS over all else. I don't think the A1 will ever sell in any sort of real numbers again, but it remains a favorite.