PDA

View Full Version : Online Order Craziness!!

S&WM4
11-20-08, 11:32
I ordered a S&W M&P 15x from an online company. Took one week for them topull this thing and ship it. Then I get the email stating where they shipped it. IT was the wrong FFL. Im in Michigan and they were sending it to Florida. I call them to correct it, they do so. Then I get a call stating they dont have a copy of my FFL. I have it faxed for the third time. Then they call about the wrong FFL and we straighten it out again.

They ship it...to the wrong FFL.

Now I have to wait again for them to ship it back to them and then out to me again.

This whole ordeal has been a nightmare.

Sorry...Needed to vent!

Oh yeah....I have been waiting three weeks now since I ordered it. Not happy!!!!

beau1911
11-20-08, 11:36
Wow! they need to get their shipping department in order.

frbowers
11-20-08, 11:38
Most companies in the firearms business aren't set up to deal with the volume of orders they are receiving right now. Even big outfits like Brownells and Midway are backed up.

S&WM4
11-20-08, 11:55
I understand they are probobly experiencing the heaviest amount of orders they have ever received. But come on....I called and spoke to them 3 times about the FFL issue and made sure it was corrected. I have no idea how they could have still messed this up. I am now on a first name basis with this company I have talked to them so many times about it.

frbowers
11-20-08, 12:01
I take it you are a smaller, part time dealer like me? I've found that most wholesalers are not too excited to have the business from smaller dealers and that was before the buying frenzy. Now I can't even get a call in to some of the wholesalers. I feel your pain man, it's even worse for me being in Alaska. I have more shipping nightmares than you can imagine, but sending a gun to the wrong FFL is pretty bad.

S&WM4
11-20-08, 12:07
I take it you are a smaller, part time dealer like me? I've found that most wholesalers are not too excited to have the business from smaller dealers and that was before the buying frenzy. Now I can't even get a call in to some of the wholesalers. I feel your pain man, it's even worse for me being in Alaska. I have more shipping nightmares than you can imagine, but sending a gun to the wrong FFL is pretty bad.

Dude im just trying to buy this gun. Im not a dealer. I can imagine the nightmares you must go through living so far away. Hey thats the price you get for living in such a wonderland!

Im in distribution and logistics too so its not like I dont understand what they are trying to accomplish here. Busy or not, there is no excuse for f'ing this up like they have. They should throw in a surefire light for me or something lol.

S&WM4
11-20-08, 12:12
To recap what I have been through, I first ordered a S&W M&P 15OR through my dealer. They shipped a ORC and it was not something I wanted. So we sent that back and tried to find a replacement. There were none. So I found one on a site and called to make sure it was in stock. It was. So I ordered it. While ordering it I upgraded to the 15X.

Then the chaos began.

So this is the second time I am trying to buy my first rifle.

DM-SC
11-20-08, 20:01
I hear ya! I imagine we're all going through a bit of hassle..either having to wait for an order to be shipped or waiting for items to become available.

All any of us can do is be patient...though it does hurt a bit! :(

Don Robison
11-20-08, 20:08
Dang and I was pissed because Starbucks took 15 minutes to make me a cappuccino today. The lady was nice though she gave me a coupon for a free one after she realized my cup had fallen behind the machine and got missed.
Your story makes me feel better about my day.;)