PDA

View Full Version : 4473 form update

223to45
02-15-20, 21:48
Just wondering if any one has any insight to this, or if this is legit. Got from GOA.

Copy of draft attached.

Here’s what we know. ATF agents have used annual inspections to electronically record the contents of Form 4473’s being kept by federal gun dealers. See here and here.
We also know that a software company exhibiting its wares at the Shot Show in Las Vegas has crafted a system where ATF can take the contents of all the dealer’s Bound Book entries (which contain all of the buyer’s personal information and gun information which is on a Form 4473) by simply capturing them on a thumb drive.
We know that billionaire “Midget Mike” Bloomberg has made Universal Background Checks/National Gun Registries the centerpiece of his $2 BILLION campaign for the presidency — presumably because, if everyone with a gun has a 4473, then everyone with a gun will be in the national gun registry being compiled by ATF, using its copies of 4473’s.
And we know that the ATF is now trying to put the names of gun owners on the same page of the 4473 as the identifying information of the gun. See here.
But if they’re successful with changing the 4473 in this way, it will be much easier for ATF to create a national gun registry by photographing paper documents.
So it appears that we have an answer to the almost inexplicable question of why ATF is crawling over glass now to reincarnate the format for the 4473 which was junked decades ago.
This is, of course, one piece of the National Gun Registry strategy.
But, given that ATF is required by law to receive comments between now and February 24, it is worth our time to let them know that we know what they’re up to.
So please, go above to urge our federal government to REJECT the proposed changes to the 4473 form.
Again, let them know that bureaucrats shouldn’t be making it easier to register the firearms of law-abiding gun owners!
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5e48bb429bbae/ATF-Revised-4473-Form-Draft.pdf

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
02-15-20, 22:15
We also know that a software company exhibiting its wares at the Shot Show in Las Vegas has crafted a system where ATF can take the contents of all the dealer’s Bound Book entries (which contain all of the buyer’s personal information and gun information which is on a Form 4473) by simply capturing them on a thumb drive.

That is not completely factual.

My bound book has firearm make, model and serial number as well as where it was obtained, FFL number or name and address it was purchased from.

But in the disposition section it has only the persons name and 4473 number (which I can then look up) or the name of the FFL it was sent to and the FFL number. So long as paper 4473s are maintained, buyers address has to be obtained from the actual 4473 except in the case of multiple handgun reporting sales.

prepare
02-16-20, 03:54
Obviously the feds want to know everything about us subjects that they possibly can and thats not very difficult these days. What they don't know about is all those private transactions and of course they're trying to rectify that too. Privacy is a thing of the past.

ABNAK
02-16-20, 09:38
At this point in time there is no Federal law requiring the exchange of information for a face-to-face transfer, i.e. private sales. You could have a gazillion 4473's from many years of gun buying (like I probably do) but there is no way to know if I have sold them to someone else. Kind of a deniability if you will.

However, if a UBC law is ever passed you will have to remember the date of it's enactment: after that you're officially accountable for anything you buy on a 4473, but before that you could have sold them all to persons unknown at local gun shows.

.45fan
02-16-20, 09:56
Yesterday's email was the first one from GOA that would not work correctly for me. I clicked the take action, filled in the blanks and then it just stopped.
There was a message saying so many people were using the campaign it might take a moment.
I'll try it again today.