PDA

View Full Version : President Trumps let's crooks off

yoni
02-18-20, 15:25
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-to-commute-sentence-of-ex-gov-blagojevich-pardon-kerik

This makes me very angry.

Not angry enough to not vote again for President Trump. But angry, I still think Nixon should have rotted in prison.

Life's a Hillary
02-18-20, 15:37
Wait, isn’t that basically the definition of the swamp that was going to be drained?

Sry0fcr
02-18-20, 16:25
Did anyone that wasn't part of the ruling class get a commutation or pardon? Asking because I can't find anything besides the crook from Ill.

SomeOtherGuy
02-18-20, 16:39
I imagine he cut some political deals with D powerbrokers in Illinois for the Blagoj pardon; maybe some dirt on Obama that he can use, or something. And maybe Kerik has some dirt on Bloomberg, or something else that makes political sense. He could also be setting the stage for seemingly inevitable pardons of Flynn and Roger Stone. (For the record, I think Flynn is innocent of any crime and was a purely political target; Stone probably committed some petty crimes but wouldn't have been prosecuted at all, minus the politics.)

Not praising or excusing it. I don't think much of Trump, but like many of us I voted for him because he was less-bad than Hillary. I would vote for any decent person instead if they had a chance. So far no decent people are running this year.

26 Inf
02-18-20, 16:55
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-to-commute-sentence-of-ex-gov-blagojevich-pardon-kerik

This makes me very angry.

Not angry enough to not vote again for President Trump. But angry, I still think Nixon should have rotted in prison.

I'm definitely in agreement with your sentiments.

Very disappointing, and, unfortunately, not very surprising.

I can not believe that President Trump doesn't see this as angering many in his base. He either had some very poor advice, or really thinks he's so popular an infallible that he can do what he wants. To me the latter is more likely and that is just as much a danger to us as the batshit crazy democrats are.

You can try to convince yourselves that this is some kind of 4D chess, like SomeOtherGuy mentioned, but quite frankly I just think it is just one of the guys taking care of some of the other guys in his circle.

Unfortunately, President Trump is the only game in town for my vote at this time.

ETA: Let's see Lindsay Graham spin this shit.

glocktogo
02-18-20, 17:25
It's easy to see all of his executive clemency actions:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_granted_executive_clemency_by_Donald_Trump

As you can see, Trump really has no pattern on clemency. The people he grants clemency come from widely different social, economic and political backgrounds. I think his early and often use of clemency stems from ego. By that I mean as POTUS, he literally has power over these people's lives. He can be benevolent to them and it doesn't cost him a dime. That makes him feel good about himself and provides positive feedback from many people, while tweaking the noses of those who dislike him.

It's not that I think these pardons are calculated or lack empathy, quite the opposite. But it does benefit him even if only on a personal satisfaction level. One person petitioning him for clemency right now is Reality Winner, and I wouldn't be surprised if he grants it, despite her crime being personally detrimental to Trump. That's just how he is.

SteyrAUG
02-18-20, 17:39
Had to look him up. But THAT POS? Even the Dems got so sick of his shit they dumped him.

The whole Oprah for Senator shit was sickening. This guy is one of the worst examples of modern politics, I can't imagine why Trump gave him a pass.

just a scout
02-18-20, 18:03
At least Blago was honest about being a crook.

Could this be a trade for info to get someone else? The guy who tried to buy Obama’s Senate seat is now the governor of Illinois. Nothing was ever said about it.

And I do think Blago was set up. But why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jsbhike
02-18-20, 18:04
It's easy to see all of his executive clemency actions:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_granted_executive_clemency_by_Donald_Trump

As you can see, Trump really has no pattern on clemency. The people he grants clemency come from widely different social, economic and political backgrounds. I think his early and often use of clemency stems from ego. By that I mean as POTUS, he literally has power over these people's lives. He can be benevolent to them and it doesn't cost him a dime. That makes him feel good about himself and provides positive feedback from many people, while tweaking the noses of those who dislike him.

It's not that I think these pardons are calculated or lack empathy, quite the opposite. But it does benefit him even if only on a personal satisfaction level. One person petitioning him for clemency right now is Reality Winner, and I wouldn't be surprised if he grants it, despite her crime being personally detrimental to Trump. That's just how he is.

Looks like the majority of the connected convictions actually did something that harmed another.

just a scout
02-18-20, 18:12
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/2020/02/blago-to-walk-free.html

ChattanoogaPhil
02-18-20, 18:16
After four years of proving naysayers wrong, it's comical to see folks still suggest Trump doesn't know what he's doing and that they know better.

MountainRaven
02-18-20, 18:43
After four years of proving naysayers wrong, it's comical to see folks still suggest Trump doesn't know what he's doing and that they know better.

The only people Trump has proved wrong are those who said he was going to literally establish death camps.

I’m curious who else you think he’s proven wrong.

GH41
02-18-20, 19:00
So the FBI ask you what color your car is and you answer red. The FBI charges you with lying to them because Ford says your car's color is Crimson. That is how unfair this shit is. Lots of people in jail for less crime than others who committed more crime are not in jail for.

ABNAK
02-18-20, 19:07
I dunno about the Rod Blago case, but these other ones? "Lying to a Federal agent" shouldn't even be a chargeable offense. That's one law (among many) that should be removed from the books post haste.

The irony of being criminally charged with lying to a bunch of fvcking unscrupulous Deep State liars themselves is preposterous.

SteyrAUG
02-18-20, 20:32
At least Blago was honest about being a crook.

Could this be a trade for info to get someone else? The guy who tried to buy Obama’s Senate seat is now the governor of Illinois. Nothing was ever said about it.

And I do think Blago was set up. But why?

I don't think for a second Blago was set up. I think he was a POS shitcago politician that drew too much attention to shitcago politics or simply wasn't useful to anyone anymore. Could be that his association with Obama cast a negative shadow and he was removed for that reason alone.

Mustang31
02-18-20, 20:45
As an Illinois resident, this really pisses me off.

MegademiC
02-18-20, 21:54
The only people Trump has proved wrong are those who said he was going to literally establish death camps.

I’m curious who else you think he’s proven wrong.

1. people who said he would never be president
2. people who said he would tank the economy
3. people who said manufacturing jobs would never return

I have no opinion on the pardons other than I a couple of these punishments were excessive, but that also applies to a lot of people in jail right now.

Todd.K
02-18-20, 22:46
Trump is an interesting mix of tough on crime and second chances.

I like that these are not hidden at the end of his term or after reelection, and don't seem to have any political gain. He deserves a lot of credit there even if I disagree. Perhaps we should punish truly non violent crime with something other than long prison time.

I'm pretty sure wishing old men rot away in prison because we disagree politically is wrong, for both sides. Would you honestly be as angry if it wasn't a Dem?

jpmuscle
02-18-20, 22:52
Oh man Blago...

This move I don’t understand. If there is any class or population of people who should be considered for second chances it’s absolutely NOT corrupt politicians government cronies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mack7.62
02-18-20, 23:17
Oh man Blago...

This move I don’t understand. If there is any class or population of people who should be considered for second chances it’s absolutely NOT corrupt politicians government cronies.

Oh I don't know, just spitballing here, but does anyone think that Blago has any good will left for the Demrats who sent him up the river for 14 years for doing what Demrats have always done? Even if he doesn't come forth with any juicy tidbits Trump has mind f'cked them by setting him free, plus when they attack him for Republican pardons he has a defense "hey I set one of your guys free". Blago didn't deserve it but this is 4D chess, plus he just reminded everyone, f'ck with my people all you want but I have a pen.

SteyrAUG
02-18-20, 23:53
Trump is an interesting mix of tough on crime and second chances.

I like that these are not hidden at the end of his term or after reelection, and don't seem to have any political gain. He deserves a lot of credit there even if I disagree. Perhaps we should punish truly non violent crime with something other than long prison time.

I'm pretty sure wishing old men rot away in prison because we disagree politically is wrong, for both sides. Would you honestly be as angry if it wasn't a Dem?

YES. If he was a Republican who pulled that shit I'd want him arrested, tried and convicted. Of course I have a list of Republicans I'd like to see arrested, tried and convicted. Hell all these years later I'm amazed anyone ran "Keating 5" candidate John McCain.

jpmuscle
02-18-20, 23:57
Oh I don't know, just spitballing here, but does anyone think that Blago has any good will left for the Demrats who sent him up the river for 14 years for doing what Demrats have always done? Even if he doesn't come forth with any juicy tidbits Trump has mind f'cked them by setting him free, plus when they attack him for Republican pardons he has a defense "hey I set one of your guys free". Blago didn't deserve it but this is 4D chess, plus he just reminded everyone, f'ck with my people all you want but I have a pen.

4D chess isn’t a real thing. You’re getting played fam.

NYH1
02-19-20, 00:13
I don't think a President or a Governor should have the ability great clemency or pardon anyone. Unless evidence comes out that would prove they were innocent to begin with.

Just my $.02, NYH1.

yoni
02-19-20, 05:34
I will start by noting I thought and still do think Nixon should have gone to prison.

I hope and pray, that ALL the people involved in the BS around the 2016 election go to jail for a long time.

So I am an equal opportunity kind of guy when it comes to justice.

jsbhike
02-19-20, 07:07
I don't think a President or a Governor should have the ability great clemency or pardon anyone. Unless evidence comes out that would prove they were innocent to begin with.

Just my $.02, NYH1.

In most of those cases the people that caused the wrongful conviction should get life at a minimum.

GH41
02-19-20, 07:15

Just my $.02, NYH1.

I'd go along with that if sentencing guidelines were fix not variable. Not fair that a person commiting given crime is looking at a sentence of 3-5 years. Why should one man get 3 and another 5?? My wife's ex boss served 18 months for stealing 5 million bucks. I'll bet there is more than one kid serving more time for snatching an old ladies purse.

ThirdWatcher
02-19-20, 07:17
I don't think a President or a Governor should have the ability great clemency or pardon anyone. Unless evidence comes out that would prove they were innocent to begin with...

I see it as another example of “checks and balances” and in the long run it’s probably a good thing. There is no question that some people have been railroaded by the deep state (which really sickens me).

Alex V
02-19-20, 08:01
Not sure why he did it. Don't agree with it but I would love to know why.

Averageman
02-19-20, 08:32
Blago is an equal opportunity PITA, Democrats, Republicans, everyone hates the guy.
Yeah he was a scumbag trying to sell Obama's seat, but honestly, it's been that way in Illinois forever, he just got caught and there was some push behind getting some justice done. Political hacks all over Illinois get caught all of the time, it gets swept under the rug.
Illinois is deep in debt, Springfield is the Capital, but Chicago runs the State. There are more murders in Chicago than some small countries, but they have some of the worst gun laws in the United States. Blago being turned out in to all of that isn't likely to make a difference, every circus needs a clown.
What are the odds this was just to piss off every Democrat in Illinois?

Life's a Hillary
02-19-20, 08:42

And I’m sure Q is going to super seriously drop the bomb this time...

yoni
02-19-20, 08:54
My wife's ex boss served 18 months for stealing 5 million bucks.

So he wasn't very smart.

I used to have a neighbor in the DR, that stole at least 10 times that amount if not closer to 20 times. He never would tell us how much he stole.

He rented a 5 million dollar house in a gated community, where I also rented a house. He was about 10 years older than me. He had model quality 20 something Dominican girl friends.

A few times a year the U.S. Marshall's would come visit in 4 black SUV's.

Funny he was never home when the gringos would show up.

He had the local Colonel on the pay roll, and then a few other Colonels down in the capitol. He paid out around 120k a year to what he called pension funds. Which always resulted in a phone call prior to the gringos showing up. His girlfriends and him, would go someplace else in the Dominican until given the all clear.

I asked him why he stole the money?

He replied I messed up my life, I spent too much time at work. So my family was finished, my wife wanted a divorce and my kids were terrible. It all was my fault. Then the company I was working for just made it too easy.

So I will live the rest of my life in my beautiful prison here in the DR. Yoni you have to admit my cell mates here are for sure much better looking than the cell mates I would have inside a prison back home. Plus down here sex is a nightly thing, it just isn't with me having to service my cell mates. Here I get serviced.

So I picked up the 25 year old scotch he was serving, took a sip, and told him to enjoy his cell mates in the DR.

WillBrink
02-19-20, 12:44
I'm definitely in agreement with your sentiments.

Very disappointing, and, unfortunately, not very surprising.

I can not believe that President Trump doesn't see this as angering many in his base. He either had some very poor advice, or really thinks he's so popular an infallible that he can do what he wants. To me the latter is more likely and that is just as much a danger to us as the batshit crazy democrats are.

You can try to convince yourselves that this is some kind of 4D chess, like SomeOtherGuy mentioned, but quite frankly I just think it is just one of the guys taking care of some of the other guys in his circle.

Unfortunately, President Trump is the only game in town for my vote at this time.

ETA: Let's see Lindsay Graham spin this shit.

I didn't vote for him last time, but that's pretty much how I view it this time around.

Todd.K
02-19-20, 14:11
YES. If he was a Republican who pulled that shit I'd want him arrested, tried and convicted.

Sure. Me too. But maybe not 14 years. Maybe a felony conviction, 5 years, and some harsh fines with severe probation restrictions or halfway house when they get out.

Prison should be prioritized for violent people that need to be separated from society.

Life's a Hillary
02-19-20, 15:05
Sure. Me too. But maybe not 14 years. Maybe a felony conviction, 5 years, and some harsh fines with severe probation restrictions or halfway house when they get out.

Prison should be prioritized for violent people that need to be separated from society.

Crooked politicians, judges, and law enforcement officers should receive double the punishment of anyone else. They are entrusted by the populace to do what is right, there should be extra consequences for betraying that trust.

Blago stopped money from going to a children’s hospital when his shake down of the ceo didn’t work. That guy can rot in a cell for all I care, he is pure human scum.

Business_Casual
02-19-20, 15:09
Did anyone compare the prosecutors from Blago with the list of names that went after Trump?

Whiskey_Bravo
02-19-20, 16:31
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/02/19/rod-blagojevich-im-a-trumpocrat/

I am not one to believe in Trump 17D interstellar space chess but commuting a sentence that was fairly long for a crazy democrat like Blagojevich probably bought him some points.

“He’s got obviously a big fan in me, if you’re asking me what my party affiliation is, I’m a Trumpocrat,” Blagojevich said to reporters in the Denver airport after he was released.

People in Illinois seemed to like the guy for some reason.
https://media.breitbart.com/media/2020/02/AP_20049835520362-1024x682.jpg

SteyrAUG
02-19-20, 16:37
I will start by noting I thought and still do think Nixon should have gone to prison.

I hope and pray, that ALL the people involved in the BS around the 2016 election go to jail for a long time.

The funniest part is compared to what politicians do now on a regular basis, Watergate is like juvie political crime. I also kinda understand why Ford pardoned Nixon. After Kennedy was killed and Johnson ramped up the war to 11, I think Ford was just trying to bring the constant political drama to an end, especially after Nixon resigned saving people a lot of time, trouble and aggravation.

prdubi
02-19-20, 16:40
Blagojevich shouldn't have gotten convicted..

He was doing what Democrats always do except he was stupid and did it on a hot mike.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

26 Inf
02-19-20, 17:31
Perhaps we should punish truly non violent crime with something other than long prison time.

I tend to agree in many cases.

On the other hand, you've invested your life savings into a hedge fund, you find out the fund manger has done some shady stuff and your money is gone. Restitution is out of the question, should he just walk away with probation?

yoni
02-19-20, 18:11
Bernie Madoff says he is dying and only has 18 months left to live.

Let me be very clear.

This piece of human garbage needs to die in prison, and his body left to rot for the whole 150 years he was sentenced to.

Todd.K
02-19-20, 18:21
While it would be difficult on a personal level, yeah, I'd rather make room in prison for murders, rapists, ect.

Not just probation, there should still be some prison time. Then something where you have to go out and get a job in the day (to pay restitution and rent) and go back to a dorm at night. Less guards, less cost, still punishment.

Business_Casual
02-19-20, 18:22
Did anyone compare the prosecutors from Blago with the list of names that went after Trump?

Hint: one of them was Director of the FBI later on.

just a scout
02-19-20, 18:44
Bernie Madoff says he is dying and only has 18 months left to live.

Let me be very clear.

This piece of human garbage needs to die in prison, and his body left to rot for the whole 150 years he was sentenced to.

He needs curses cast on him and his soul for the harm he’s caused.

just a scout
02-19-20, 18:46
While it would be difficult on a personal level, yeah, I'd rather make room in prison for murders, rapists, ect.

Not just probation, there should still be some prison time. Then something where you have to go out and get a job in the day (to pay restitution and rent) and go back to a dorm at night. Less guards, less cost, still punishment.

I’ll solve that space problem. Murderers, rapists and pedophile, once they’re guilty, get ONE appeal then they hang from the gallows. Or get crucified. No living on the people’s dime for decades with tit jobs and who knows what else. Remember John Wayne Gary?

yoni
02-19-20, 18:53
Other than terrorism, treason, rape and murder, first felony as long as no one was hurt I say no jail time and try to work with the person to get their life turned around.

If you are found guilty of any felony after that, we remove you from the living for you show you don't want to be an active part.

SteyrAUG
02-19-20, 19:29

Correct. Gallows are more suitable for public servants who betray that trust. Sends a message.

SteyrAUG
02-19-20, 19:30

White collar prisons exist too and we would never put violent offenders in those, but I'm still in favor of a rope and a ladder.

SteyrAUG
02-19-20, 19:31
I’ll solve that space problem. Murderers, rapists and pedophile, once they’re guilty, get ONE appeal then they hang from the gallows. Or get crucified. No living on the people’s dime for decades with tit jobs and who knows what else. Remember John Wayne Gary?

You are thinking of Richard Speck, but I completely agree. He was actually quoted as saying "If they knew how much fun I was having in here, they'd never let me stay."

Ryno12
02-19-20, 22:00
Trump hit it off with Blagojevich during his time on Celebrity Apprentice. IMO, he pardoned him simply because they’re buddies.

MegademiC
02-19-20, 23:01
For perspective, there was a local guy that killed his wife, chopped her up, and put the pieces of her in multiple McDonalds trashcans throughout the area.

He got out in 8 years.

Im not saying white collar crimes should be softer, but there should be consistency of more time for worse crimes.
You have people in prison for life for growing a plant, or 10years + for having possession of a machinegun. Its just hard to get worked up about the pardons when these other situations are the norm.

prdubi
02-19-20, 23:12
For perspective, there was a local guy that killed his wife, chopped her up, and put the pieces of her in multiple McDonalds trashcans throughout the area.

He got out in 8 years.

Im not saying white collar crimes should be softer, but there should be consistency of more time for worse crimes.
You have people in prison for life for growing a plant, or 10years + for having possession of a machinegun. Its just hard to get worked up about the pardons when these other situations are the norm.You speak the truth like a breath of fresh air...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
02-19-20, 23:18
Trump hit it off with Blagojevich during his time on Celebrity Apprentice. IMO, he pardoned him simply because they’re buddies.

At least that makes sense on some level.

Business_Casual
02-20-20, 05:58

No, he did it because Comey and others from the swamp were the prosecution.

sundance435
02-20-20, 13:52
You have to have lived in IL through the Blago trial to truly appreciate how slimy he is and how deserving he was of a 14-year sentence. To me it's a false equivalency to say that his sentence was too severe when compared to violent criminals. The sentence was appropriate for the person holding the highest office in the state, who was recorded hundreds of times trying to auction off a senate seat for actual money, not just a political chit. Sentences for public corruption should be severe and not compared with violent crimes or even other white-collar crimes and I have zero issues with the 14 year sentence. I do have an issue with Trump's pardon. There was no objective reason to do it, other than as a big F-You to anyone who supported his impeachment. It garners him no points with anyone and doesn't lend itself to "draining the swamp". Illinois is the swampiest state in the Union and Blago was head alligator here for 8 years. Just dumb, dumb, dumb.

glocktogo
02-20-20, 15:43

Yeah, but they won't. The political class in this country is more out of control than drunken sailors during Fleet Week. :(

Always leave room in prison for the truly violent, they deserve it after all. As for the grifters, I admit hypocrisy in that I care more about who was fleeced and how badly it impacted their lives. Blago (at least on the surface) doesn't seem to have caused people to kill themselves like Bernie Madoff. I don't care if he has Stage IV butt cancer, he deserves to die in prison.

Crooked politicians, judges, and law enforcement officers should receive double the punishment of anyone else. They are entrusted by the populace to do what is right, there should be extra consequences for betraying that trust.

Blago stopped money from going to a children’s hospital when his shake down of the ceo didn’t work. That guy can rot in a cell for all I care, he is pure human scum.

I wasn't aware of that. If so, yeah he probably deserves to stay in prison, especially if it impacted any sick kids directly.

White collar prisons exist too and we would never put violent offenders in those, but I'm still in favor of a rope and a ladder.

I'd be all for putting a crack slinging hoe beater in Madoff's cell. Just sayin...

No, he did it because Comey and others from the swamp were the prosecution.

If it tweaked Comey's nose? Worth it... ;)

Business_Casual
02-20-20, 16:25
You have to have lived in IL through the Blago trial to truly appreciate how slimy he is and how deserving he was of a 14-year sentence. To me it's a false equivalency to say that his sentence was too severe when compared to violent criminals. The sentence was appropriate for the person holding the highest office in the state, who was recorded hundreds of times trying to auction off a senate seat for actual money, not just a political chit. Sentences for public corruption should be severe and not compared with violent crimes or even other white-collar crimes and I have zero issues with the 14 year sentence. I do have an issue with Trump's pardon. There was no objective reason to do it, other than as a big F-You to anyone who supported his impeachment. It garners him no points with anyone and doesn't lend itself to "draining the swamp". Illinois is the swampiest state in the Union and Blago was head alligator here for 8 years. Just dumb, dumb, dumb.

So you know he is fully guilty of the specific crimes because you reviewed the Statues and the pertinent evidence personally or because you heard it in the same media that lies to you 24x7 on every other topic?

In his first trial, the only charge they convicted on was - wait for it - lying to the FBI.

just a scout
02-20-20, 20:17
Read this. I can't vouch for the accuracy, but it makes sense.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/should-obama-be-terrified-by-trump-commuting-blagojevichs-sentence/?fbclid=IwAR2htQG6tSIm-WKN2lGUy2YKDGFeBHQ9ez99CCEsvDfn6O9MVu32S75W4L0

Todd.K
02-20-20, 23:31
In his first trial, the only charge they convicted on was - wait for it - lying to the FBI.

If it was me I would pardon every single person that was convicted based on a 302.

We have the lovebird texts, they openly, shamelessly, without care, talk about:
Editing 302's
Missing 302's
Editing other agents 302's

Then we find out they somehow got the names swapped onto the wrong 302's in one of the highest profile cases going.

SteyrAUG
02-20-20, 23:55
I'd be all for putting a crack slinging hoe beater in Madoff's cell. Just sayin...

You can put crocks in his cell and my only comment would be that he should be wiped down with uncooked chickens first. Madoff may have been "white collar" but he destroyed as many lives as glock toting, crack slinging bangers.

Not everyone was super rich trying to get super richer, lots of regular "middle class" folks trusted others and put up their entire nest egg hoping to get college money for all of the kids or whatever the goal was. Some one should have told them that "investing is still gambling" but some jackass with a 10 bedroom house, 5 cars and a boat told them "with my guy...can't lose" and they trusted it to be true.

Seems once every century we get a Ponzi, sure you can blame the housing market collapse, but even if that didn't happen we'd have still taken an economic ride. It's astonishing how one person can actually directly influence the US economy, didn't we go off of the gold standard so we wouldn't be vulnerable to such things? Of course Greenspan used to change markets with a written paragraph.

SomeOtherGuy
02-21-20, 07:54
So you know he is fully guilty of the specific crimes because you reviewed the Statues and the pertinent evidence personally or because you heard it in the same media that lies to you 24x7 on every other topic?

If it was me I would pardon every single person that was convicted based on a 302.
We have the lovebird texts, they openly, shamelessly, without care, talk about:
Editing 302's
Missing 302's
Editing other agents 302's

I cannot agree more strongly. The whole "lying to agents" charge is a racket, it is used to frame and punish people who are not actually guilty of the 500,000 other federal felonies on the books. It is right out of the NKVD, Stalinism, and the scariest works of Orwell.

I think Blago is a sleaze, for the record. He's probably guilty of various other crimes. But the USA claims to have the "rule of law."

glocktogo
02-21-20, 12:06
You can put crocks in his cell and my only comment would be that he should be wiped down with uncooked chickens first. Madoff may have been "white collar" but he destroyed as many lives as glock toting, crack slinging bangers.

Not everyone was super rich trying to get super richer, lots of regular "middle class" folks trusted others and put up their entire nest egg hoping to get college money for all of the kids or whatever the goal was. Some one should have told them that "investing is still gambling" but some jackass with a 10 bedroom house, 5 cars and a boat told them "with my guy...can't lose" and they trusted it to be true.

Seems once every century we get a Ponzi, sure you can blame the housing market collapse, but even if that didn't happen we'd have still taken an economic ride. It's astonishing how one person can actually directly influence the US economy, didn't we go off of the gold standard so we wouldn't be vulnerable to such things? Of course Greenspan used to change markets with a written paragraph.

LOL, that was the sales pitch! FWIW, I'd like to recommend this guy as Madoff's next cellmate.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/two-convicted-child-molesters-beaten-to-death-in-california-prison

I cannot agree more strongly. The whole "lying to agents" charge is a racket, it is used to frame and punish people who are not actually guilty of the 500,000 other federal felonies on the books. It is right out of the NKVD, Stalinism, and the scariest works of Orwell.

I think Blago is a sleaze, for the record. He's probably guilty of various other crimes. But the USA claims to have the "rule of law."

Truth. When will people learn to never talk to the feds? :confused:

yoni
02-21-20, 12:16
They believe the lies and PR hype about the FBI.

I believe the FBI, should be disbanded. It is an organization made up of people willing to violate the Constitution, falsifies evidence. It's moral culture hasn't improved since it was headed by a cross dressing blackmailer.

mack7.62
02-21-20, 12:22
Read this. I can't vouch for the accuracy, but it makes sense.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/should-obama-be-terrified-by-trump-commuting-blagojevichs-sentence/?fbclid=IwAR2htQG6tSIm-WKN2lGUy2YKDGFeBHQ9ez99CCEsvDfn6O9MVu32S75W4L0

Yeah likely one reason Blgo went to jail is because he refused to give the seat to Valerie Jarrett like Obummer wanted.

just a scout
02-22-20, 05:49
I wouldn’t give Valerie Jarrett water if she was on fire. She is as mean and nasty of a bitch as Hillary.

sundance435
02-24-20, 10:22

Have you? What, in this case, did the media lie about? Also, I'm not aware of any statute that prohibits retrial in the event of a hung jury, which is what happened.