PDA

View Full Version : Thin vs Fat

Mick Boon
02-19-20, 13:49
What makes it OK to call someone thin but not fat ?

Just a thought. :)

kirkland
02-20-20, 05:31
It only matters to the SJW type crowd whp are more concerned about FEELINGS than anything else, and think there's such a thing as a "right to not be offended."

ndmiller
02-20-20, 06:00
It's all relative as there is always someone thinner and fatter my experience.

Mick Boon
02-20-20, 11:06
It only matters to the SJW type crowd whp are more concerned about FEELINGS than anything else, and think there's such a thing as a "right to not be offended."

Don't thin people have feelings too, or is it only fat people ?

Gregory234
04-27-20, 15:06
Personally I try not to put labels on people. I know many thin and fat people and they are all great. When a thin/fat person feels confident, noone notices how he/she looks like.

Shorts
05-08-20, 21:04
What makes it OK to call someone thin but not fat ?

Just a thought. :)

It's not.
I've been called skinny, flacca, tiny, small, and worst of all "so lucky" all my life. I use to just take it, but I don't anymore. It's not luck, it's hard work. I make sure to point that out when someone discounts my effort, if they worked just as hard they could do things that make them happy about themselves. The conversation ends pretty quickly after that. People don't like it when you point that out.

RHINOWSO
05-09-20, 17:17
And most 'fat' people are actually morbidly obese, not just 'fat'.

ddbtoth
08-01-20, 20:57
It's not.
I've been called skinny, flacca, tiny, small, and worst of all "so lucky" all my life. I use to just take it, but I don't anymore. It's not luck, it's hard work. I make sure to point that out when someone discounts my effort, if they worked just as hard they could do things that make them happy about themselves. The conversation ends pretty quickly after that. People don't like it when you point that out.
People also see those who can’t control their weight as having other personality flaws (lazy, slothful, etc). I was down 30 pounds prior to this COVID nonsense, the popped out my knee while running. MD doesn’t want to see me - I think it’s time for a new one, sorry he’s being pushed out of business. So I drink or eat, and stay off my knee. Really pisses me off though.

rdcwannabe
08-21-20, 04:40
Since this COVID crap, I've actually lost 30 pounds. Been getting a bunch of exercise in. However, it don't look too good on me. Turns out my bones are a bit too thick and now I look like some effed up Skeletor...Time for me to put down the fruit, and pick up a nice healthy cheeseburger.

Averageman
08-26-20, 01:45
We are not genetically engineered to be attracted to either extreme. We are built by nature to (even when you just want to know out some strange) to be attracted to what is healthy.
People want to be nice and not call anyone out, but if you have a loved one that is in either extreme they very likely have other issues, often emotional issues. Your not helping your loved ones by not talking about it and ignoring the problem.
These problems only get worse if you politely ignore it.

daddyusmaximus
08-26-20, 08:10
"Thin" is akin to "plus size", and thus acceptable.
Probably get yelled at for calling someone "scrawny".

That, or maybe its just that fat people are more easily hurt by words... like democrats.

Evel Baldgui
08-27-20, 08:53
I don't make any remarks on someones appearance. If said individuals comport themselves in a civil, polite manner during our interaction, be it business, a meal, social gathering, I see no need to address how they look. Unless of course they act in a rude, obnoxious manner, then they are a skinny effing c**t or a big fat f**k.

sidewaysil80
08-27-20, 12:09
If someone is that triggered by being called fat or thin...they are way to uptight for my liking.

Averageman
08-28-20, 00:16
Of course if you are a Drill Sergeant (circa 1980) it is perfectly okay to call someone a "Fat Ass" from across the Chow Hall. As in "Hey Fat Ass WTF are you doing?" and immediately grab a butter knife and scrape 750 calories worth of mashed potatoes, gravy, butter, 3 slices of White Bread and two glasses of milk in to a trash can, all while uttering the most foul language and cussing this trainee's mother for allowing him to become a "Greasy Necked fat ass." of course all of that is as loud as possible, every command was.

No really, it is possible to shame someone in to becoming better.
When everyone around you is a hammer, it isn't smart to look like a nail. Life is difficult sometimes, but it is only worse if your being lied to by those around you.

BadLuck
08-29-20, 11:13
Let's be honest. You can hear someone calling another person "fat" just because the last one would not catch up nobody anyway, lol. I am against all these body-positive things, speaking frankly. I've heard from one of my friends that these gues from Coffee Statistics made a competition with the condition that the winner can choose one of these espresso machines https://www.coffee-statistics.com/best-italian-espresso-machine/ under the condition that the women with 170 pounds of weight will "start the day with a cup of coffee and go jogging" or something like that, so in six months she obligated to lose 25 pounds

Averageman
08-30-20, 17:38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv1gCAPZv6g
This is just insanity..

flenna
08-31-20, 20:08
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv1gCAPZv6g
This is just insanity..

If Instagram shutdown obese chicks would just go back to figuring out a way to lose weight instead of thinking they were a “model”.

Averageman
09-01-20, 12:20
I'm sitting in Verizon trying to get a C/S issue taken care of, in walk what appears to be three generations of Ginger Ladies. Combined weight, maybe 1000 lbs, they're some entitled fat girls, front of the line.
If you're a Whale, might as well be a killer whale.

Dr. Bullseye
09-01-20, 17:39
It is OK to call someone fat unless they can kick your ass. If you do anyway, you will probably get your ass kicked. This is especially embarrassing if it is a woman.

flenna
09-01-20, 19:35
It is OK to call someone fat unless they can kick your ass. If you do anyway, you will probably get your ass kicked. This is especially embarrassing if it is a woman.

I’d never tell a woman she is fat- that is rude and ungentlemanly. However, she shouldn’t be posting online pictures of her 360 pound body in a bikini and lecturing me that there is no reason that Brad Pitt shouldn’t choose her over Angelina Jolie unless she is wanting my honest opinion.