markm
02-19-20, 16:38
Indeed!

wigbones
02-19-20, 16:57
Is it QD?

Five_Point_Five_Six
02-22-20, 09:08
Looks like a good option, but it will have to provide something that a Scalarworks mount doesn't for me to consider it.

JediGuy
02-22-20, 11:57
Looks like a good option, but it will have to provide something that a Scalarworks mount doesn't for me to consider it.

Such as a lower price...

Wake27
02-22-20, 17:44
Woah. Did not know they were getting into the mount game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eurodriver
02-23-20, 11:29
Need to see the other side. QD? Not?

Looks good though. I will probably grab one if it offers features over known brands regardless of price (BCM usually delivers in this manner so not too worried)

mebiuspower
02-24-20, 11:46
The BCM design language has always been functional, clean lines, weight savings and least amount of bulk as possible without going to the extreme.

Endur
02-25-20, 14:55
Saw this on their FB page not too long ago. Looks good.

mebiuspower
03-06-20, 14:37
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzoAQCPyqsQ

TexasAggie2005
03-06-20, 14:55
Interesting.

https://imgur.com/rScqx57.jpg

mebiuspower
03-06-20, 18:50
There's benefits to this design over something with a giant nut sticking out on platforms with side charging handles like the SCAR, Bren 2, X95, etc.

Five_Point_Five_Six
03-11-20, 12:46
Such as a lower price...

Price would be last on the list of considerations for me. Your situation may be different.

mebiuspower
03-14-20, 04:02
Price would be last on the list of considerations for me. Your situation may be different.

I don't think any accessory from BCM is considered to be expensive. In fact they're in-line with other quality American brands.

Five_Point_Five_Six
03-14-20, 10:32
I don't think any accessory from BCM is considered to be expensive. In fact they're in-line with other quality American brands.

I didn't say BCM was expensive. Read my original post and JediGuy's response again.

JediGuy
03-14-20, 14:17
Perhaps it is worth clarifying. If the BCM were generally equal in performance, weight, usability, etc, but cost 1/2 of something from Scalarworks, I would consider that notable. Nothing against Scalarworks, but I have no reason to think that what they offer at $149 (Primary Arms) is substantially better enough than what ADM offers at $94 (Primary Arms, but sells for less if added to cart) for me to consider them a reasonable option FOR ME. I have proven RTZ with an ADM QD MRO mount, so I’m happy.
If BCM get the cost closer to ADM than Scalarworks and has some improved feature (such as no QD lever sticking out), they’ll probably get my money.

Five_Point_Five_Six
03-19-20, 11:03
Perhaps it is worth clarifying. If the BCM were generally equal in performance, weight, usability, etc, but cost 1/2 of something from Scalarworks, I would consider that notable. Nothing against Scalarworks, but I have no reason to think that what they offer at $149 (Primary Arms) is substantially better enough than what ADM offers at $94 (Primary Arms, but sells for less if added to cart) for me to consider them a reasonable option FOR ME. I have proven RTZ with an ADM QD MRO mount, so I’m happy.
If BCM get the cost closer to ADM than Scalarworks and has some improved feature (such as no QD lever sticking out), they’ll probably get my money.

$149 is full retail price though. I haven't paid more than $120 shipped for the T1/T2 version. I also have an ADM QD mount. They're good mounts, but I find that the lever gets caught on things. Both RTZ.

The ADM is also more than twice the weight of the Scalarworks. I much prefer the 30mm Aimpoints, a Comp M2 in a Scalarworks mount is on my HD gun, but I use an Aimpoint micro on my 11.5" that I hike with to save weight so it doesn't make sense for me to use a heavier mount with a lever that sticks out and gets caught on things just because it's $30 cheaper.

The BCM will probably be a good mount if it ever comes to market but I don't really see it being half the cost of a Scalarworks. It may be relatively similar in weight, but it doesn't appear to be a tool-less QD either.

mebiuspower
04-18-20, 16:03
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKFGvquZ-L8

Valhalla
04-19-20, 21:31
As a manufacturer and mount designer, I'd have to say it's pretty clever. By tilting the clamp screw, the nut can literally be recessed inside the mount, lowering overall width and eliminating one snag point. It may not be lighter than Scalarworks' mount, but I bet it's slimmer. For me that's a big plus. I mean, why buy an Aimpoint *Micro*, only to let a giant QD mechanism sticking out to the side...

Speaking of which, it would be super interesting if their next version involves a QD lever that completely recess INTO the side of the mount. Just by looking at these early photos I can tell it is entirely feasible. And they won't even need a locking mechanism, because the lever would be recessed... just leave a small gap so we can use a bullet to pry out the lever. Now THAT would be a game-changer...

BCM - if you guys are reading can we license the design and make the QD version??? I hope you guys get your patent granted too! :cool:

Valhalla Tactical

mebiuspower
04-20-20, 06:52
The thing with BCM is they won't introduce something to the market less they can bring something new to the table. I think this is what sets them apart from any other AR makers.

This is their first optic mount and it already looks very promising.

Five_Point_Five_Six
04-20-20, 16:11
As a manufacturer and mount designer, I'd have to say it's pretty clever. By tilting the clamp screw, the nut can literally be recessed inside the mount, lowering overall width and eliminating one snag point. It may not be lighter than Scalarworks' mount, but I bet it's slimmer. For me that's a big plus. I mean, why buy an Aimpoint *Micro*, only to let a giant QD mechanism sticking out to the side...

Scalarworks mounts don't have a large QD sticking out of the side.

mebiuspower
05-10-20, 17:54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHjlFTXE6tM

msstate56
05-11-20, 11:54
Any eta on when these will be available?

Wake27
05-11-20, 12:47
I asked within the last month and they wouldn’t or couldn’t give a date. Knowing them it may be a long time though, you often see stuff on LAV’s guns that he’s T&Eing well before it ever comes to market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

msstate56
05-11-20, 13:10
That’s too bad, I’m currently in the market, not interested in waiting indefinitely.