PDA

View Full Version : Grand Power Stribog SP9A1

Stickman
02-21-20, 15:59
Lets use this as a thread to post question, give feedback, post pictures, and showcase after market support for the Stribog (SP9A1) made by Grand Power in Slovakia.

PLACE HOLDER

The Stribog NON-RECIPROCATING CHARGING HANDLE 30+1 Model is the all new carbine pistol from Grand Power. Featuring a dual mass slide, that significantly reduces recoil and improves overall control of the firearm. Created using hard anodized aircraft grade aluminum alloy, the Stribog is lightweight, but highly durable. Field stripping does not require any special tools, thus making overall maintenance very simple.

Designed with versatility and customization in mind, the Stribog has a threaded barrel (thread protector included), Picatinny rails, and M-LOK accessory mounts for attaching a wide variety of accessories. The upper receiver back-plate can be replaced by an AR-type brace mount, further enhancing the adjustability of this firearm.

Caliber: 9mm

Action: Dynamic Blowback Mass Bolt

· Capacity: 30+1

· Barrel Length: 8" 1/2x28 Thread + Thread Protector

· Front Sight: Flip-up Polymer

· Rear Sight: Flip-up polymer

· Finishes: Black

· Grips: Polymer

· Construction: HTS aluminum alloy

· Safety: Ambidextrous External Safety

· Weight: 82 oz.

· Length: 14.74"

· Height: 8"

· Stribog SP9A1 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol

· (3) 30-Round Magazines

· Owner's Manual

· Hard Pistol Case

Stickman
02-21-20, 16:00
PLACE HOLDER

Stickman
02-21-20, 16:01
https://66.media.tumblr.com/04d5593fd08e07b538047dda17a5fc04/4468e01c452f3c2e-27/s1280x1920/84f59884b81c70d72aa8652bfcb2ed577aace78a.jpg

JediGuy
02-21-20, 17:06
This will probably be my next purchase, just want to offload some other stuff first.
What’s the recoil impulse like compared to say a Scorpion?

czgunner
02-21-20, 18:21
I love mine. It’s not an A1, it’s an early import, but I did change the charging handle to be non-reciprocating.
I have a form 1 can waiting for a stamp, and then a case of subs to shoot.
I’ve installed a LaRue trigger, non recip charging handle and SBR’d it.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200222/9b04b8ee8903d341597bafab21581f32.jpg

Stickman
02-22-20, 12:36
This will probably be my next purchase, just want to offload some other stuff first.
What’s the recoil impulse like compared to say a Scorpion?

If I were to super condense my response into one word, I would say, "better". That being said, I have limited time with live fire on the Stribog, but I think it is going to severely mangle the competition.

Stickman
02-22-20, 12:40
I love mine. It’s not an A1, it’s an early import, but I did change the charging handle to be non-reciprocating.
I have a form 1 can waiting for a stamp, and then a case of subs to shoot.
I’ve installed a LaRue trigger, non recip charging handle and SBR’d it.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200222/9b04b8ee8903d341597bafab21581f32.jpg

Post up more pics!!

I wasn't aware you could drop a standard AR15 trigger in without making mods. That is interesting, and I can see where I'll need to do that. The trigger is by far the weakest link, even more so than the sights.

I think the love affair with the MP5 allowed manufacturers to get lazy with triggers. Subguns might not need the same trigger as a precision gun, but they should come with better than what most do.

jschmitt08
02-22-20, 13:13
Is there any news on the release of the A3 roller delayed version? That is what has me waiting...

czgunner
02-22-20, 13:21
Post up more pics!!

I wasn't aware you could drop a standard AR15 trigger in without making mods. That is interesting, and I can see where I'll need to do that. The trigger is by far the weakest link, even more so than the sights.

I think the love affair with the MP5 allowed manufacturers to get lazy with triggers. Subguns might not need the same trigger as a precision gun, but they should come with better than what most do.

Well, it didn’t really “drop in”. I had to lengthen the trigger channel in the polymer frame by about 1/8”, and I bought some trigger shims to take up the slop in the trigger.
Stick, I’m such a poor photographer, I’m embarrassed to post any!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200222/6f3484558189ceeb5d5e21cfaeaaf911.jpg

Stickman
02-22-20, 16:24
Is there any news on the release of the A3 roller delayed version? That is what has me waiting...

My understanding is that the delay is due to the ATF and being able to legally import it. If someone has better info please update us whenever you get the chance.

everready73
02-23-20, 19:22
My understanding is that the delay is due to the ATF and being able to legally import it. If someone has better info please update us whenever you get the chance.

That is what I read as well. I was really close to buying one at the end of last year, but trying to what for the delayed blowback version.

JediGuy
02-23-20, 21:07
They are super cheap right now, relatively speaking. With the update to delayed blowback, what would you expect for pricing? I was guessing that they’d bump the price up to par with the Scorpion, but with a better feature for anyone wanting to suppress.

Vegas
02-24-20, 03:08
Definitely an interesting firearm. The overall package in SBR is attractive. I would love to shoot one to see what they are all about.

Stickman
02-24-20, 12:40
They are super cheap right now, relatively speaking. With the update to delayed blowback, what would you expect for pricing? I was guessing that they’d bump the price up to par with the Scorpion, but with a better feature for anyone wanting to suppress.

IIRC, the price seems to keep going up and up. As smooth as this shoots now, I'm glad I didn't wait.

I'm probably going to write an article and compare the Scorpion, MP5, Stribog, and 9mm AR. I would like to use this thread to get ideas as well as questions from you guys as to what categories you would like to see. Some of the categories are easy, weight, trigger, magazine pricing, reliability and things like that are all areas where most shooters and prospective buyers would be interested.

If you guys want to throw some ideas out for comparison between the different platforms, I would love to hear them.

Vgex2
02-24-20, 12:45
I'm just waiting for the SP9A3 as word is the A1 will not be able to be converted to A3, not unreasonable, and already have HBI Scorpion.

Tx_Aggie
02-24-20, 15:08
IIRC, the price seems to keep going up and up. As smooth as this shoots now, I'm glad I didn't wait.

I'm probably going to write an article and compare the Scorpion, MP5, Stribog, and 9mm AR. I would like to use this thread to get ideas as well as questions from you guys as to what categories you would like to see. Some of the categories are easy, weight, trigger, magazine pricing, reliability and things like that are all areas where most shooters and prospective buyers would be interested.

If you guys want to throw some ideas out for comparison between the different platforms, I would love to hear them.

A comparison between all of those sounds great. I'd love for you to include the MPX if you end up doing something like that.

Stickman
02-24-20, 17:35
A comparison between all of those sounds great. I'd love for you to include the MPX if you end up doing something like that.

I don't think I have access to one, but I'll keep it in mind. Gun companies like the idea of a feature article because they expect the gun to be well talked about to generate sales. When it comes out to a comparison, the overall dynamics change a bit as someone ends up as a loser. I think this is why you typically find most articles end up as a tie, or as the writer saying the pieces are two different types of tools, or something similar.

This will end up being a piece that is a variety out of my own cage/ lockers/ vault. I can assign numbers to each feature, add them up, and let them fall where they may. The worst that happens is that the publications won't accept it, and I'll just drop it here instead.

JediGuy
02-24-20, 23:15
Odd question that would be interesting: Ideal RDS mounting height for each of those PCC’s. Low, “absolute,” or high?

JediGuy
02-24-20, 23:20
Another question that I’m sure many others would want to know: Options for attaching different types of braces/stocks/AR receiver extensions.

hotrodder636
02-25-20, 05:50
I would add the B&T APC9 PRO to the list for comparison, as I think that is the closest competitor regarding form/function. Many people call the Stribog the “poor man’s B&T” or the “B&T wannabe”.

Stickman
02-25-20, 18:39
Odd question that would be interesting: Ideal RDS mounting height for each of those PCC’s. Low, “absolute,” or high?

Nice idea, with some like the Stribog, it really needs to be a low mount for most. A high mount works, but the cheekweld is on the cheek bone.

Stickman
02-25-20, 18:46
I would add the B&T APC9 PRO to the list for comparison, as I think that is the closest competitor regarding form/function. Many people call the Stribog the “poor man’s B&T” or the “B&T wannabe”.

I have heard plenty of reviewers make the claim of it being as good as its more expensive subgun sibling. Like I mentioned earlier, companies get a bit paranoid and unwilling to send things out for review if they feel it will cause harm to their image. I can't say that I blame them, but if one weapon is as good as another based on points and certain other features, its going to look less than impressive for the loser (especially if its more expensive). I'm not saying the B&T is better or worse, just illustrating a point. I'm not willing to privately purchase the B&T APC9 PRO, as for my own uses the cost to benefit ratio does not seem to be present. If writing articles paid decently, it might be a different story, but the pay isn't impressive which is also why you don't see many rounds fired through weapons from most writers.

Stickman
02-26-20, 12:41
All dressed up pic, minus a can....

https://66.media.tumblr.com/787fe91fc8ebf288d3be00caedf39c7a/a1ab78939dce360d-7a/s1280x1920/be90f3c0080c904431dcda855ac3e6e85b833618.jpg

czgunner
02-26-20, 13:53
All dressed up pic, minus a can....

https://66.media.tumblr.com/787fe91fc8ebf288d3be00caedf39c7a/a1ab78939dce360d-7a/s1280x1920/be90f3c0080c904431dcda855ac3e6e85b833618.jpg

Cool choice on those sights!

Mr McSimon
02-26-20, 20:13

I'll be looking forward to that article. I'm in the market for a 9mm sub gun and have also been waiting to see the A3. Something I'd personally like to hear about is shooting as a lefty, which is pretty much the ONLY reason I haven't committed to an MP5.

czgunner
02-26-20, 21:30
I'll be looking forward to that article. I'm in the market for a 9mm sub gun and have also been waiting to see the A3. Something I'd personally like to hear about is shooting as a lefty, which is pretty much the ONLY reason I haven't committed to an MP5.

I’m a lefty, no issues at all. I’m building my form 1 can now, so hopefully in a few weeks I can tell you how it shoots suppressed.

Vgex2
02-27-20, 18:53
SP9A3 coming to the US! (https://globalordnance.com/blog/atf-approves-grandpower-stribog-sp9-a3-for-us-import/)

SARASOTA, FLA., Feb 27, 2020 -- Global Ordnance LLC of Sarasota and GRANDPOWER s.r.o of Slovakia are pleased to announce the much anticipated GRANDPOWER Stribog SP9 A3 9mm Roller-Delayed-Operation pistol has been approved by ATF Tech Branch for importability into the USA. The ATF has examined, tested, points system analyzed, and found it meets the requirements for US sales.

The Stribog SP9 A3 offers the reliability and robustness of previous versions that enthusiasts, reviewers, and firearm dealers have come to love. The new Stribog SP9 A3 brings a pair of fundamental improvements in the form of a semi-locked bolt with delayed action via transfer roller and non-reciprocating charging handle that remains in the front position when firing.

GRANDPOWER’s factory will ramp-up production of the Stribog SP9 A3 in preparation of export approval from the Slovak Government. Historically, the approval process advances in 6 to 10 weeks. Retailers should expect the initial batches to be limited, but a larger consistent supply is forecasted as the factory gains momentum.

Global Ordnance, the US importer, will NOT be taking pre-orders or back-orders from the public. The first SP9 A3’s will be announced and sold by the Global Ordnance dealer network on a first-come, first-served basis when shipments arrive in the USA. Global Ordnance estimates a late spring/early summer availability to dealers.

To remain the market’s best combination of price to value of any roller-delayed firearm in this category, the target MSRP for the new SP9 A3 will be $999. The existing SP9 A1 will continue to be available on www.globalordnance.com and from GRANDPOWER authorized dealers at the current $699 MSRP. Pricing changes are not anticipated through 2020.

Customers and dealers who would like to see the SP9 A3 in person are invited to join Global Ordnance at the NRA Annual Meeting in Nashville, TN where the SP9 A3 will be on display April 17-19, 2020 in Booth 103MR at the Nashville Music City Center.
___

“We appreciate everyone in the GRANDPOWER community and look forward to announcing several upcoming innovations from GRANDPOWER in the very near future, as well as the arrival of the first SP9 A3 to the US market.”

Federal Firearms Licensees wishing to capitalize on the excitement surrounding Stribog and the entire GRANDPOWER line are invited to contact Global Ordnance to become part of the dealer network.

Mr McSimon
02-27-20, 19:55
SP9A3 coming to the US! (https://globalordnance.com/blog/atf-approves-grandpower-stribog-sp9-a3-for-us-import/)

SARASOTA, FLA., Feb 27, 2020 -- Global Ordnance LLC of Sarasota and GRANDPOWER s.r.o of Slovakia are pleased to announce the much anticipated GRANDPOWER Stribog SP9 A3 9mm Roller-Delayed-Operation pistol has been approved by ATF Tech Branch for importability into the USA. The ATF has examined, tested, points system analyzed, and found it meets the requirements for US sales.

The Stribog SP9 A3 offers the reliability and robustness of previous versions that enthusiasts, reviewers, and firearm dealers have come to love. The new Stribog SP9 A3 brings a pair of fundamental improvements in the form of a semi-locked bolt with delayed action via transfer roller and non-reciprocating charging handle that remains in the front position when firing.

GRANDPOWER’s factory will ramp-up production of the Stribog SP9 A3 in preparation of export approval from the Slovak Government. Historically, the approval process advances in 6 to 10 weeks. Retailers should expect the initial batches to be limited, but a larger consistent supply is forecasted as the factory gains momentum.

Global Ordnance, the US importer, will NOT be taking pre-orders or back-orders from the public. The first SP9 A3’s will be announced and sold by the Global Ordnance dealer network on a first-come, first-served basis when shipments arrive in the USA. Global Ordnance estimates a late spring/early summer availability to dealers.

To remain the market’s best combination of price to value of any roller-delayed firearm in this category, the target MSRP for the new SP9 A3 will be $999. The existing SP9 A1 will continue to be available on www.globalordnance.com and from GRANDPOWER authorized dealers at the current $699 MSRP. Pricing changes are not anticipated through 2020.

Customers and dealers who would like to see the SP9 A3 in person are invited to join Global Ordnance at the NRA Annual Meeting in Nashville, TN where the SP9 A3 will be on display April 17-19, 2020 in Booth 103MR at the Nashville Music City Center.
___

“We appreciate everyone in the GRANDPOWER community and look forward to announcing several upcoming innovations from GRANDPOWER in the very near future, as well as the arrival of the first SP9 A3 to the US market.”

Federal Firearms Licensees wishing to capitalize on the excitement surrounding Stribog and the entire GRANDPOWER line are invited to contact Global Ordnance to become part of the dealer network.

Nice! Now the question starts to become whether or not to try and be an early adopter and jump on one quickly, or to try and have patience and wait for a few months or a year for any bugs to show up.

JediGuy
02-27-20, 20:33
Isn’t it already in use elsewhere?

Mr McSimon
02-27-20, 20:37

You know you're right. I guess I wasn't thinking it through. Just because WE don't have it yet doesn't mean it's not being used.

Stickman
03-01-20, 12:51

Yes, my understanding is that its been in use in Europe for a year or two.

Seeing this jump in price to $1,000, and the current ones being $300 cheaper, I'm not sure they are doing themselves a service. Bumping the price up $100, or so dollars wouldn't be much of an issue, then raise it again in the next shipments. However, raising the price $300 right away? Thats not a good move in my mind, at least not unless they have something else to justify it other than an inline production change.

czgunner
03-01-20, 18:03
Got something in the mail
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200302/b092bfc533a4a3bf5265d522bfdfa413.jpg

Stickman
03-02-20, 10:39
Got something in the mail
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200302/b092bfc533a4a3bf5265d522bfdfa413.jpg

Which mag? Looks kinda sexy!

czgunner
03-02-20, 11:00
Which mag? Looks kinda sexy!

It’s the new F5 Stribog mag.

https://f5mfg.com/product/sp9a1-50-round-drum-magazine/

Boy Scout
03-09-20, 08:25
Sorry, I’m a noob to the euro guns. Can someone help to clarify on the non-reciprocating charging handle? Different sources say different things, that I’ve found at least. From what I’m seeing:

Gen 1 - moves
Gen 2 - does not move (is this an A2?)
A3 - will not move

Thanks!

JediGuy
03-09-20, 20:26
A1 Gen 1 - reciprocating charging handle
A1 Gen 2 - non-reciprocating charging handle
A3 - I imagine non-reciprocating charging handle, but also delayed blowback

JediGuy
03-09-20, 20:27
Stick,
Too lazy to go back and read my prior questions...

But, I am curious what height red dot mounts match up (or how they match up) with the built-in flip up sights.

Stickman
03-09-20, 22:34
Stick,
Too lazy to go back and read my prior questions...

But, I am curious what height red dot mounts match up (or how they match up) with the built-in flip up sights.

Pretty lazy myself, but the largest issue i find is using a pistol configuration as opposed to a stock. I can’t tell if a stock would come up higher, or not, which makes figuring the sights out a bit odd. I just put AR height sights on everything and modify my cheek weld as needed.

JediGuy
03-09-20, 22:45
Hmm. OK. I had picked up a QD low mount to use with an MRO while waiting to pick up a Scorpion. This Stribog really has seized my interest, though. I’ll probably just wait and play around with different heights to see what works. I would prefer to get the Zhukov-S stock, but I live next to a state that does not permit SBR’s. Keeping as a handgun just makes more sense.

Boy Scout
03-10-20, 03:38
A1 Gen 1 - reciprocating charging handle
A1 Gen 2 - non-reciprocating charging handle
A3 - I imagine non-reciprocating charging handle, but also delayed blowback

Thanks JediGuy. That was mostly what I was seeing, but I was getting conflicting info.

So for the sake of brevity, the Gen 2s seem to be running pretty well? Non-reciprocating handle and the guide rod issue is rectified? Only thing to conscious of is the occasional failing magazine?

I appreciate I’ll of the input. So many threads to read, so little time...

JediGuy
04-04-20, 16:01
Any thoughts on this, Stick, or waiting on that article to be used by a magazine?

Stickman
04-06-20, 10:22
Any thoughts on this, Stick, or waiting on that article to be used by a magazine?

A few different things going on currently, and I'm not in a hurry. I'm still not sure which direction it will go, but this is certainly not forgotten about.

JediGuy
06-04-20, 18:28
$830 with the folding brace is really tempting. But so close to the A3 coming out..,

Stickman
06-07-20, 10:01
$830 with the folding brace is really tempting. But so close to the A3 coming out..,

Agreed, but the current beast is a very capable shooter. Which reminds me that I need more rounds fire through mine....

One of my concerns is that the reliability of the new one will be lower than the current, more simple model.

Vegas
06-13-20, 13:53

What's a likely price for the A3 in the same config? The delayed blowback might be worth it.

JediGuy
06-13-20, 15:31
MSRP w/o brace is $999, compared to $699 for the A1.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/03/05/atf-approves-grandpower-stribog-sp9-a3-for-us-import/

Stickman
06-15-20, 13:11
MSRP w/o brace is $999, compared to $699 for the A1.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/03/05/atf-approves-grandpower-stribog-sp9-a3-for-us-import/

IMHO, and freely admitting I have not used the upcoming A3, I would rather save the money for upgrades, accessories, and ammo. The A1 is much smoother than most blow backs, and is head and shoulders about the AR 9mm variants.

Vegas
06-15-20, 14:29
IMHO, and freely admitting I have not used the upcoming A3, I would rather save the money for upgrades, accessories, and ammo. The A1 is much smoother than most blow backs, and is head and shoulders about the AR 9mm variants.

3 bills is a chunk of changes for mags, etc. I’d be inclined to agree.

JediGuy
06-18-20, 06:20
NM, it was a scorpion

JediGuy
06-19-20, 17:02
Ordered the pistol version without a brace, supposedly have a used brace on the way from a seller on TacSwap (not afraid to live dangerously).
I am sorely tempted by the OEM wire stock up now at Global Ordinance. Two hesitations... 1) That freaking thing looks exceedingly uncomfortable for face and shoulder. 2) Question: Does the PDW stock get in the way of attempting to fire not extended? it appears like it would interfere with holding the pistol grip, but that may be my lack of experience with any subguns.

JediGuy
06-28-20, 18:22
Pics are not impressive in basement light. But I’m liking this thing. It does seem like a low mount feels most appropriate. Even on a low mount, the RDS is too high to co-witness with the irons. I did mount up a Vortex UH-1, but at a “lower 1/3” AR height, it seemed a bit high. Have to actually get some rounds through at some point in the next week.

Going to stay away from the SBR route for how. This brace is fairly comfortable and allows me to cross into IL if ever needed.

https://i.imgur.com/F1lfSKB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yfg2TX2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BBYcbC0.jpg

Stickman
06-28-20, 19:18
Very nice!!

JediGuy
06-30-20, 09:55
For those with a Stribog...
As I LARP around my house, I find that instead of doing a thumb over bore support hand grip, a thumb over charging handle seems just about perfect.
Anyone else find this, OR is this a bad idea for any reason?

scooter22
06-30-20, 10:01
Where’s the A3?

Headache
07-01-20, 10:26
I have two of these. My original plans for the second one fell through, so now I have a backup. Which is nice...

Anyway, these are just a few observations that I have about setting up and using these. Take them for what they are worth.

One Stribog is set up with a B&T type brace, a T1 on an absolute co-witness mount, and an Arisaka 300 light at 2 o’clock. The second Stribog has an A3 tactical side folding brace with a tail hook, a H1 with a 1/3rd mount and a X300 light at 12 o’clock. Both have the BUIS replaced with metal ones, extended bolt stops, and trigger spring kits from Mcarbo.

The metal sights are nice because they don’t have the sight blade on the front. This enables you to mount an X300 at 12 o’clock, which really keeps a slim profile if you want to put this in a back pack or something.

In my opinion the extended bolt stop is an essential modification. The stock bolt stop is just too small, the difference in my ability to manipulate the bolt was night and day after replacement.

The trigger spring kits are a good add. While the stock springs are not bad, the lighter springs make a positive difference in my opinion.

The A3 tactical brace is really good. It folds to the left side, locks into place, and is very sturdy. I didn’t think I would like it at first, but was pleasantly surprised. I can’t say enough good things about it from a brace perspective.

The B&T type brace is not as sturdy as the A3 but it answers the mail nicely, and it’s also a little more comfortable. It folds to the right, doesn’t lock, and pulls in closer to the weapon than the A3 does. This, of course, creates a slimmer profile when folded.

On both of them I also placed a standard KAC rail panel on the 6 o’clock rail. The thing fits perfectly, almost as if it was made to be there. However, I cut them down a little to put a hand stop at the front. Any hand stop will do. As you would think, the rail panel really helps out with mitigating heat. Definitely a good add in my book.

The standard thread protector is ok at best. On both, I always had to tighten them down after a few magazines. I just went ahead and grabbed up a 9mm A2 flash hider and the problem was solved.

There has been talk about the reliability of the polymer magazines. I have about 20 mags and have not seen any issues, three of them have been loaded for about two months now and are still fine. Not a huge sample size or duration, but take that as you like. I only had one problem with a magazine and that was from a third party manufacturer. The thing would not feed properly at all. I won’t start naming names as they make good products, and their CS was prompt and easy to deal with. I think it was just a bad mag that escaped the factory.

Outside the experience with the one magazine, the weapons run flawlessly. While not a huge round count yet (1k on one and about 500 on another), I have yet to experience any failure in the weapons.

When shooting, I started by placing the thumb of my non-shooting hand over the top of the weapon. As I kept shooting it slid down to the charging handle and then eventually my hand came to rest on the magazine well. I’m kind of a big guy and this just felt the most comfortable for the size of the weapon. Additionally, I did not notice any difference in how the weapon acted during firing as my hand moved. I was still able to place rounds effectively at a decent cadence. But please don’t take that as definitive, I want to put more rounds down range before concluding anything in this area.

My hand placement also impacted how I use the lights. Thus far, I have had no issues with the X300. It has been easy to reach my thumb up and manipulate the switch. The Arisaka is a little different as it is at the two o’clock position. I wanted to keep the charging handle on the left hand side (kinda have to too), so I mounted a remote switch on the MLOK slots just under the charging handle. At first I used a pic rail section to mount the switch, but that made charging the weapon awkward. So I instead changed the switch and mounted it using the Magpul tape switch mounting plate. To do this you have to use the diagonal cut in the receiver in addition to the front MLOK slot. This takes a little trimming to the mounting plate, but once in place it works great. No more problems with the charging handle.

As far as sight height goes, I have not experienced any problems with the different mounts when used with the different braces. I know that is subjective, but that has been my experience so far.

I hope this helps.

HeruMew
07-01-20, 13:44
Where’s the A3?

Just got this this morning:

Stickman
07-09-20, 08:25
Headache,

Post up pics!!

Headache
07-12-20, 09:05
Sorry for the delayed response (and the picture quality) got pretty busy.

While it hasn’t been a problem in any way, I’m not a fan of the loose tape switch wire on the Arisaka light. Thus far I haven’t been able to find a good/practical way of securing it. I may end up switching that light to the 10 o’clock position and just put a normal tailcap on it.

Stickman
07-12-20, 13:29
Sorry for the delayed response (and the picture quality) got pretty busy.

While it hasn’t been a problem in any way, I’m not a fan of the loose tape switch wire on the Arisaka light. Thus far I haven’t been able to find a good/practical way of securing it. I may end up switching that light to the 10 o’clock position and just put a normal tailcap on it.

Edit: pics uploaded kinda weird

I try to stay tailcap for most of my weapons, its much harder to accidentally click the light on at the wrong time, and there are no wires to get broken or play with.

Headache
07-12-20, 14:51
I’ve always kept my lights at 2 o’clock and a tape switch at 12. That is how this one started until ergonomics mandated something different.

Never had a problem with this set-up, but to be honest, I’ve probably kept it that way more out of an old habit not to have the light up against my body. If I like the tailcap I’ll probably switch my ARs out as well, I got a small pile of caps in my toolbox.

JediGuy
07-14-20, 00:43
What are you guys running for mag holders? I’ve used Fastmags and Ten-Speeds for STANAG mags, not sure about this. I emailed Esstac, as I do plan to use their 1+2 pouch on my primary AR/pistol go-to belt; they do not have anything that fits the Stribog, despite some SMG-specific designs. Looks like HSGI taco pistol mags might be “stretched” to work?

Vegas
07-14-20, 02:34
What are you guys running for mag holders? I’ve used Fastmags and Ten-Speeds for STANAG mags, not sure about this. I emailed Esstac, as I do plan to use their 1+2 pouch on my primary AR/pistol go-to belt; they do not have anything that fits the Stribog, despite some SMG-specific designs. Looks like HSGI taco pistol mags might be “stretched” to work?

HSGI Extended Taco’s should work nicely.

High Speed Gear Extended Pistol TACO MOLLE Single Mag Pouch, Made in the USA https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00NY3YFR4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_t.vdFbGHR4MBG

JediGuy
07-14-20, 17:09
I hadn’t planned to start dropping a ton of cash on the Stribog, but I did two things.

Installed a PWS 9mm compensator. Is it needed? Of course not. But, I do want to see how the concussion is. Ultimately, this will probably be my “go-to” gun more than an AR, and I want my wife to be comfortable handling it. A little vertical and horizontal compensation should be great; I doubt that it will add much concussion toward the shooter, but we’ll see. Without it, it was essentially a bare muzzle anyway. This will hold me over until I can get a suppressor in. Eyeballing the Witt Machine 9mm, just because it seems small...and cheap.

https://i.imgur.com/VbGxCim.jpg

Installed the HB Industries Extended Bolt Stop. I considered this a necessity. The OEM bolt stop was difficult at times for me to actuate as a release, particularly if I loaded a magazine with the bolt back. Now, nothing, it works perfectly. I’d recommend this to anyone. Really, Grand Power should take the feedback on this and update their design to reflect HBI’s innovation.

https://i.imgur.com/rkOwAZh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/V91Optp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/UhA2Xdg.jpg

Some updated glamor shots. Only waitin on an IWC finger stop to call this done. Well... (sorry Stick to defile your section) Actually, the MBT triggers supposedly work well in the Stribog with slight modification. No rush on that, but it will probably happen eventually.

https://i.imgur.com/aAUA9kc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/KocgVNV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ozuS8Rp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/J7pY6mw.jpg

JediGuy
07-15-20, 18:52
With the IWC hand stop:

https://i.imgur.com/FXlVrsf.jpg

Adrenaline_6
07-23-20, 07:31
Very nice! You guys are killing me. It is now on my want list. If I ever find them in stock.

Stickman
07-24-20, 12:46
Very nice! You guys are killing me. It is now on my want list. If I ever find them in stock.

It is a very worthwhile consideration, especially if you can get them before another price increase.

Headache
07-24-20, 17:22
With the IWC hand stop:

https://i.imgur.com/FXlVrsf.jpg

That sling/optic set-up looks a lot more convenient for the Stribog. I think I’ll try that out.

JediGuy
07-26-20, 16:24
First range trip.
9mm is not stacked deep for me, so I only ran about 140 rounds through today.
With cheap brass, ran well overall.
IWI Razorcore fed fine with 3 rounds. This is my defensive handgun ammo right now, so didn’t do more than that. Pleasantly surprised that it worked fine. Will have to check this further.

However, the LRBHO is not consistent with the mags I have and 115gr ball. I loaded a number of mags to only 3-5 rounds after shooting three straight mags of 30 rds each. Bolt consistently did not lock back in the last round.

There is no recoil, and I did not notice any concussion coming back toward me at all. On that level, I am super pleased. The PWS comp was extraneous, I knew, but...comparing to others’ videos, I am pretty confident recoil and muzzle rise were negated with it.

I need to figure out a good zero distance, still. Mostly kept to 7-15 yards today, but did take some shots at 25.

Stickman
07-29-20, 04:02
First range trip.
9mm is not stacked deep for me, so I only ran about 140 rounds through today.
With cheap brass, ran well overall.
IWI Razorcore fed fine with 3 rounds. This is my defensive handgun ammo right now, so didn’t do more than that. Pleasantly surprised that it worked fine. Will have to check this further.

However, the LRBHO is not consistent with the mags I have and 115gr ball. I loaded a number of mags to only 3-5 rounds after shooting three straight mags of 30 rds each. Bolt consistently did not lock back in the last round.

There is no recoil, and I did not notice any concussion coming back toward me at all. On that level, I am super pleased. The PWS comp was extraneous, I knew, but...comparing to others’ videos, I am pretty confident recoil and muzzle rise were negated with it.

I need to figure out a good zero distance, still. Mostly kept to 7-15 yards today, but did take some shots at 25.

Good solid info, I am impressed with how smooth it shoots. Thanks for posting your feedback.

JediGuy
08-19-20, 08:32
Stick,
Any feedback from you on the gun as you have used it?

Stickman
08-19-20, 12:00
Stick,
Any feedback from you on the gun as you have used it?

I like the recoil impulse over that of the 9mm AR15s. Boringly reliable with cheap low powered ammo as well as hotter defensive loads.

JediGuy
08-24-20, 19:20
I need to clarify the LRBHO situation. I found this was due to the aftermarket HBI extended bolt catch. When I contacted them, they sent an updated version (known problem with a batch, apparently) immediately.
The updated version is far stiffer, but the LRBHO is returned to proper functionality. Also, simply holding the bolt even without a magazine also now functions properly again.

cdmiller
09-24-20, 22:34
You people are a bad influence and are having a negative impact on my bank account. I have a SBR’ed MKE with all the bells and whistles. I don’t need a Stribog. So why the hell did I just order a SP9A3 from Bud’s?

1_click_off
12-23-20, 19:57
Has anyone ran with a tailhook brace, is there $200 advantage of going tailhook?

There is a shop that has both models available and wanted to get some feedback on which is preferred. I am leaning toward SB folding brace. These are the new A3 with the flat trigger and modified recoil spring to run the weaker ammo in the American market than the +P+ the gun was designed for.

Thank you.

Headache
12-25-20, 20:41
Both of mine have tail hooks on them; I like them better, but that’s just my preference. I used the SB brace for a while on one and it is a bit “mushy”, but for all practical purposes it is fine.

I went as far as to convert the SB over to an ACR brace with the tail hook adapter from Haga Defense. That brace is pure awesome and it is my favorite one, but I recognize that the bang for the buck is not there. It is just way too expensive for any benefit you receive.

I would say buy whichever one you want and you’ll do fine. After that though, converting the brace doesn’t buy you much.

1_click_off
12-26-20, 19:18
I like that set up much better than the PDW with tailhook. Can you still fold and have full access to controls if assuming a right hand shooter?

Headache
12-26-20, 22:56
The brace folds to the right hand side at a slight downward angle, and clears the ejection port nicely with no obstruction. It does not lock in place when folded, but it does kind of hold itself there if you know what I mean. It should be noted that when the mechanism was new, it was very stiff. It took a while before the brace would swing easily out of the hold. It, of course, locks into place when unfolded.

While I can’t wrap my hands all the way around a basketball, I don’t have small mittens either. When firing with my right hand the brace rests a little on my trigger finger... not in a game ender kind of way, but not ideal either. Additionally, the brace does block the mag release and bolt hold open; however, the brace moves easily out of the way (now).

Personally, I never fire the weapon with the brace folded... I would never make it in a 80s action movie.... Once the hinge broke in, it became as easy to swing into place as a law folder.

Adrenaline_6
12-28-20, 07:55
Had the chance to pick up an A1 last week for @$850 with 4 mags and a hard case. It couldn't be any worse timing right now. F*ck me and my stupid horse.

1_click_off
12-28-20, 08:28
I can give you a website that has them in stock. Surprisingly most are not marked up on GB either. They come with a factory hard case and 3 mags.

The website has the A1 on sale for $650 with free shipping. I have no affiliation with the website, but I have purchased from them in the past.

1_click_off
12-31-20, 23:04
First off, I apologize to Mr. LaRue for what I did to his trigger to make it fit.

A3, the factory trigger was simply horrible, that had to go.

Edit: I scrubbed my picture showing the A3 with index washers to space the suppressor to the shoulder of the barrel with a piston in use.

I found the correct way is with a solid piston spacer for a fixed barrel or a fixed mount in addition to a rifle to pistol spacer for the threads. The G45 manual states repeated contact from the piston moving on a fixed barrel will damage the barrel.

vivi00
01-01-21, 07:41
Are you using the fixed barrel spacer? No need for a piston with that setup. Without having the measurements the fixed spacer looks to have a much larger ID.

https://deadairsilencers.com/product/ghost-m-fixed-barrel-spacer/

1_click_off
01-01-21, 08:49
Are you using the fixed barrel spacer? No need for a piston with that setup. Without having the measurements the fixed spacer looks to have a much larger ID.

https://deadairsilencers.com/product/ghost-m-fixed-barrel-spacer/

This gains nothing as it only replaces the spring in the booster assembly.

I ordered the fixed mount, it was actually in stock. Hopefully it will allow the suppressor to thread to the shoulder of the barrel.

If not, I will blow the $9.95 on the rifle spacer for the win that I should have purchased first.....

vivi00
01-01-21, 13:04
Yeah sorry, my mistake. Looks like you got what you needed.

1_click_off
01-01-21, 13:59
No worries, I was just throwing spare parts on it for a photo shoot and post.

I plan to ditch the LaRue mount to lower the sight, get the proper gear to mount the suppressor, either put my scout or x300 on it, Arisaka finger stop, etc.... not set up how I plan to keep it, but good enough for a pic I guess....

1_click_off
01-06-21, 20:52
Looking hard at the new lower that takes AR FCG, scorpion mags, and AR grip.... pricey, but I might get one when back in stock.

Stickman
01-08-21, 11:30
Looking hard at the new lower that takes AR FCG, scorpion mags, and AR grip.... pricey, but I might get one when back in stock.

I haven't heard of this, do you have a link?

Arik
01-08-21, 11:36
I haven't heard of this, do you have a link?I don't know which he's talking about but there are a few

https://lingleindustries.com/stribog-scorpion-lower/

https://a3-tactical-inc.myshopify.com/collections/grand-power-stribog-collection/products/stribog-lower-receiver-pre-order

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

1_click_off
01-08-21, 16:00
The links Arik supplied. I almost purchased the A3 without LRBHO because it was in stock, but I am too damn picky and want it.

Headache
01-08-21, 16:37
I managed to grab one of the Lingle Colt mag lowers. I just got it put together so I have no rounds on it yet.

Having said that, my first impression is pretty good. Everything works as advertised so far, although you have to dry fire for a while to begin the break in process. The grip screw is proprietary to the lower and is kind of a pain, but not horrible. The LRBHO is a little odd as it employs a lever that tilts to the side in order to activate the standard bolt catch. Different... but seems to work well enough. AR trigger and safety went in with no problem, however, Lingle has stated that not all AR triggers work. Currently there is a Centurion 2 stage in it and it seems to function normally. I hope to get it out and get some rounds on it sooner rather than later.

Stickman
01-12-21, 11:45
I wouldn't mind paying $200 if it were aluminum, but for a poly lower, I can't help but think it should cost less.

1_click_off
01-12-21, 18:14
I wouldn't mind paying $200 if it were aluminum, but for a poly lower, I can't help but think it should cost less.

I agree, but I ran out there anyway. Will update when it shows up.

Stickman
01-13-21, 14:18
I agree, but I ran out there anyway. Will update when it shows up.

Thank you, I would appreciate that.

1_click_off
01-17-21, 10:19
Found this video about the lower. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j8rp4xiNf5c
Mine should be in on Wednesday if you have any specific questions this video doesn’t reveal. I currently have an ETS and 3 Magpul mags to test with.

1_click_off
01-20-21, 21:02

Lower feels like it is what it is, 3D printed Nylon. It assembled fine, the trigger and hammer pin holes didn’t look perfectly round, but they look fine with the pins inserted. The fit is tight to the upper, the take down pins seem to have more meat around them. The grip screw is not a standard size. It is smaller in diameter and takes a 3mm hex to tighten it. There is a captive square nut in the lower for it to mate with. The whole time I am putting it together, I am having slight buyers remorse, but once it was all assembled and mated to the upper I switched to wanting to go shoot it.

During function checks it would not re-cock the hammer unless I cycle it pretty hard while pressing the trigger. It cocks the hammer fine on a reset trigger. When I cycled the bolt fast enough to cock it, the trigger reset fine.

I will get a better picture and try to get some rounds through it this weekend.
If it holds up, I think I will be happy with it.

Stickman
01-21-21, 11:31

Lower feels like it is what it is, 3D printed Nylon. It assembled fine, the trigger and hammer pin holes didn’t look perfectly round, but they look fine with the pins inserted. The fit is tight to the upper, the take down pins seem to have more meat around them. The grip screw is not a standard size. It is smaller in diameter and takes a 3mm hex to tighten it. There is a captive square nut in the lower for it to mate with. The whole time I am putting it together, I am having slight buyers remorse, but once it was all assembled and mated to the upper I switched to wanting to go shoot it.

During function checks it would not re-cock the hammer unless I cycle it pretty hard while pressing the trigger. It cocks the hammer fine on a reset trigger. When I cycled the bolt fast enough to cock it, the trigger reset fine.

I will get a better picture and try to get some rounds through it this weekend.
If it holds up, I think I will be happy with it.

I appreciate the update, keep us posted on the trigger reset. Hopefully its not going to develop into an issue.

hotrodder636
01-21-21, 11:54
With the popularity and number of these out there, I think there would be a decent market if a manufacturer/machine shop could get the design right on an aluminum lower. You know people who know people :cool:

Stickman
01-22-21, 12:24
With the popularity and number of these out there, I think there would be a decent market if a manufacturer/machine shop could get the design right on an aluminum lower. You know people who know people :cool:

I agree aluminum is the way to go, and with a minor redesign, I think it could look even better. Lets face it, features are nice, but looks sel.

I think everyone I know is running at max capacity right now. Nylon is great because costs are super low, machine bits don't wear out, and you aren't losing money from flaky anodizers.

vivi00
01-24-21, 15:11
Lingle says their aluminum lower will be ready in a few weeks. Says the price will be under $320. Seems oddly specific, so...319.99? :D

Stickman
01-24-21, 16:26
Lingle says their aluminum lower will be ready in a few weeks. Says the price will be under $320. Seems oddly specific, so...319.99? :D

Hello, that just got interesting!!

1_click_off
01-25-21, 08:45
Why do I all of a sudden feel the need to search for an emoji of a sucker to post next to the picture of my 3D lower???

Stickman
01-25-21, 11:54
Why do I all of a sudden feel the need to search for an emoji of a sucker to post next to the picture of my 3D lower???

Almost seems like they ran the plastics to get enough cash to buy the aluminum billets. If I were attached to that company, I would strongly encourage them to continue to offer both so they don't alienate their initial customer base.

Secondly, I would point out that most people are aware of what offerings in the way of billet lowers cost. I do understand costs being directly related to volume, but for a non serial numbered component, it might be time to do an intro sale or price lowering event.

Stickman
01-25-21, 11:57

I would like to point out that picture is horrific. The company needs to step up their game if they want to play and be taken serious in this field. Get legit pictures that make people want to buy the product. That is NOT a picture that makes people salivate and feel a need for the product. The sad part is that the company now has google images using that crappy pic whenever anyone types in a search. Is that what they want as their showpiece? They need to understand that they are making mistakes right now, and some of the most interesting and cool weapon ideas have failed in this market because of similar mistakes.

Disciple
01-26-21, 18:58
I would like to point out that picture is horrific.

:confused:

Stickman
01-27-21, 14:47
:confused:

What part of my explanation confused you or didn't make sense to you?

Disciple
01-27-21, 15:21
What part of my explanation confused you or didn't make sense to you?

What is wrong with the picture? How it is horrific?

Stickman
01-28-21, 10:55
What is wrong with the picture? How it is horrific?

The part you didn't quote explains it.

Disciple
01-28-21, 11:07
The part you didn't quote explains it.

You have no obligation to explain this for the obtuse but I don't see anything obviously wrong with the photo. It appears sharp and well lit, with a tasteful natural background instead of someone's kitchen table. From what you wrote I expected to see an out of focus "potato" quality photo with a hand in the frame holding up the subject, with half the detail hidden by poor lighting. You are a professional photographer and I would like to learn from you what makes the photo in question horrible. Sincerely.

Stickman
01-28-21, 13:04
You have no obligation to explain this for the obtuse but I don't see anything obviously wrong with the photo. It appears sharp and well lit, with a tasteful natural background instead of someone's kitchen table. From what you wrote I expected to see an out of focus "potato" quality photo with a hand in the frame holding up the subject, with half the detail hidden by poor lighting. You are a professional photographer and I would like to learn from you what makes the photo in question horrible. Sincerely.

Fair enough, at first I thought you were just being argumentative. I can see you are not, its hard to tell a lot of the time on the internet.

The lighting is substandard, it is harsh, the blacks aren't black, and while the pic is mostly in focus, the overall image is washed out. The front of the lower receiver is a great example of what I mean, but that is only a portion of the problem. The layout, the setup, the view all fall flat. I'm not going to post anything of mine to illustrate what would be better, because this isn't about me shooting pics for them or anyone else. However, look at the pictures of any larger company, and you will find professional images (typically). The reason is that a well shot picture creates a much better look, and with it, creates a much larger desire product purchase.

With that being said, I do understand there are people who won't care. However, given a poor pic versus a good one, the differences are obvious. A high quality image showcases and demonstrates a high quality offering. A low quality pic tends to make a lower quality look.

I am not by any stretch saying that the product is subpar, poor quality, or not worth purchasing. On the contrary, what I'm saying is that I don't feel the picture represents the overall quality of the item. I think the company is selling itself short and contaminating their own market.

Disciple
01-28-21, 14:36
Thank you.

1_click_off
01-30-21, 13:13

What the hell is wrong with my kitchen table???

1_click_off
01-30-21, 13:16
On a serious note, the trigger pins in the factory lower are slightly shorter than the standard trigger pins. So if you are swapping lowers, be sure to keep your original trigger pins with the Stribog FCG because standard AR pins won’t fit in the factory lower.

Arik
03-03-21, 10:33
Any news on the reliability of the 2nd gen? Mags?

1_click_off
03-03-21, 11:58
Any news on the reliability of the 2nd gen? Mags?

I have a hang up on the mags because the mags hang up. They don’t do it while firing from what I have seen online, but I feel the recoil has got to be the only thing making them operate because once a few rounds get stripped out by hand they stop raising to the feed lips and one can tilt the mag down and have loose rounds fall out and once the rounds hung free up there is a huge mess in the mag when the spring/follower push the remaining rounds up. Haven’t fired mine with either the Stribog or scorpion lower, just up and downloaded the mags.

The magpul scorpion mag is much easier to load.

Arik
03-03-21, 12:39
I have a hang up on the mags because the mags hang up. They don’t do it while firing from what I have seen online, but I feel the recoil has got to be the only thing making them operate because once a few rounds get stripped out by hand they stop raising to the feed lips and one can tilt the mag down and have loose rounds fall out and once the rounds hung free up there is a huge mess in the mag when the spring/follower push the remaining rounds up. Haven’t fired mine with either the Stribog or scorpion lower, just up and downloaded the mags.

The magpul scorpion mag is much easier to load.Any issues with feed lips cracking?

1_click_off
03-03-21, 13:03
Any issues with feed lips cracking?

They are pretty thick steel now. 65314

1_click_off
05-09-21, 19:56
Finally got to go test out the A3 with the scorpion lower and a MBT-2S trigger.

Magpul scorpion mags and UMC FMJ 115gr was a single shot. It would fully eject and chamber the next round to a dead trigger.

Magpul with 147 ranger was a failure to feed.

ETS with UMC FMJ 115gr was a single shot again with a full eject and chambering on a dead trigger.

I tried suppressed and unsuppressed with no changes.

I was then cycling the bolt by hand and the trigger resets fine if one dry fires it. However if you dry fire and then hold the trigger down when cycling the bolt, the trigger does not reset.

Will pop it open later tonight or tomorrow to see if I can figure out what is going on with it and let you all know what I find.

**update 5/13 I emailed Lingle and told them what is going on and I also tried the heavy trigger spring and another MBT with the same results.

**** update 5/13 pm, I remembered I had a Timney in my TAC-15. Swapped the MBT for the Timney and it seems to have resolved the issue.

1_click_off
06-07-21, 22:01
Lingle emailed me back and said they had multiple reports of the MBT not re-cocking and they removed it from their verified trigger list. Since I was having feed issues with 147gr ranger, they sent me an aluminum lower that had been returned to them. I haven’t shot the 147’s through it yet, but the 115gr UMC runs in it with ETS and Magpul mags so far.

1_click_off
08-25-21, 13:35
Well they done did it. Curved mags now….

Stickman
08-25-21, 17:56

Yup. I wish those dudes would get ahold of me. Their info is scattered like seeds in the wind.

Stickman
08-25-21, 17:56

Yup. I wish those dudes would get ahold of me. Their info is scattered like seeds in the wind.

1_click_off
06-05-22, 14:27

Glock mags now!!! I don’t remember if my flip up sights are plastic or steel, but they have steel flip ups now. I am thinking mine are plastic. Glad to see the improvements, but dang I wish I had waited.

Stickman
03-06-23, 15:31
Glock mags now!!! I don’t remember if my flip up sights are plastic or steel, but they have steel flip ups now. I am thinking mine are plastic. Glad to see the improvements, but dang I wish I had waited.

Anyone using the Glock mag version? If so, how do you like it?

Stickman
06-26-23, 09:55
16" Stribog out and in play currently. I've picked up the two new models which use Glock mags, and am just starting to put rounds through them. I continue to remain impressed with the original "Bog", but I do wonder how long that model will be supported.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/8055ea2bf5e38a0efc63e3a45270c3c2/c15b8a336e7d3a35-54/s1280x1920/d477512c78eac2a7ecbe6a37e7d6276421c768bf.jpg

https://64.media.tumblr.com/58dfe0f0434d7ec8f761c2f1ef3d0b65/e40941d7122acbac-1d/s1280x1920/0e15cf6a5ac72205d3f74b5bd480ca8fabb2be69.jpg

Stickman
06-29-23, 13:08
https://64.media.tumblr.com/a9bc85ff226d182d1f3b4223ab7046d0/c3226cfd52b503bd-b1/s1280x1920/9bb3dc88a6413217bba4cb54b9511273112aab72.jpg