PDA

View Full Version : White Oak 6.8 Barrel

wezalsgunsupply
11-21-08, 00:01
Just to let some of you all know. We recently finished a build using a White Oak Armament 6.8 SPC barrel. We wanted to share our results with anyone else considering their barrels. We got the 18 inch with 1 in 11 twist heavy barrel. As well as the matched bolt. First off, we received excellent service. The barrel quality was outstanding. We started using Hornady V-max factory ammo. Decent results with grouping averaging .75 inch at one hundred yards. We expected better. Hand loaded Sierra 90 grain hollowpoint with several different powders. Hogdon, Ram Shot and so on. The results were very similar with each powder used. We got grouping down to sub half inch grouping. The one thing we found consistant with each powder is we needed to load hot. At max loading for powder is when the groups came together. Downside was that the brass are difficult to resize. So case life will be short lived. But to anyone thinking of the barrel to use. For accuracy we do reccomend White Oak. Great results, but expect to handload.

tkosiba
11-22-08, 06:33
I also just received my WOA 18" S.S. 6.8 SPC. Exceptional. Brass easily resizes with Hornady dies (using One Shot resizing spray); however, as with most 6.8SPC reloading, crimping is done separately with a Lee Factory Crimp die (found ay Midwayusa.com). Oh, in terms of accuracy, see below.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo122/tkosiba/68SPC111.jpg

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo122/tkosiba/68T-1.jpg

ADC
01-22-09, 18:33
Do you know what chambering they are using on there 6.8 barrels?, will they handle the SS combat loads?

tkosiba
01-23-09, 06:28
WOA appeared to be ahead of the curve. My late 08 barrel was SAMMI 2 chamber with 1:11 twist. I was told it should be fine for all loads. Most 09 barrels are further tweeked somewhere around this standard.

Cold
01-23-09, 20:49
Last I knew WOA used the SPC II

rob_s
01-24-09, 07:17
What profiles are available in these barrels? I'm looking for something as lightweight as possible.

Cold
01-25-09, 22:59
What profiles are available in these barrels? I'm looking for something as lightweight as possible.

There is a guy on 6.8 forums looking at producing a run of :light weight: 6.8 barrels in 1:!2 twist with SPC II last I knew it was in the works.