PDA

View Full Version : How the Interpreter Scam Brought 75,000 Iraqis and Afghans to America

Buncheong
02-24-20, 00:21
“Bilal Abood came to the United States on an SIV visa. Like many SIV applicants, he had worked as a contract linguist in Iraq. Like most SIV applicants, he claimed to have faced threats because of his work.

Once in the United States, Abood began viewing ISIS beheading videos and tweeted, ‘I pledge obedience to the Caliphate Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.’ That was the leader of ISIS.

‘The United States is the enemy of Allah,’ he had said.”

http://sultanknish.blogspot.com/2020/02/how-interpreter-scam-brought-75000.html

turnburglar
02-24-20, 02:03
That's really sad to see people coming over and abusing the system.

My interpreter from afghanistan would love to leave that shithole and come to America.

flenna
02-24-20, 06:11

See: Ilhan Omar, the esteemed congresswoman from MN. She left her degenerate s*!©hole of Somalia for the U.S. and now spends her time and position trying to destroy the U.S.

flenna
02-24-20, 06:11
Double tap...

jsbhike
02-24-20, 09:07

My interpreter from afghanistan would love to leave that shithole and come to America.

I often wonder if the actual negative outcomes aren't the real goals versus the PR campaign positive slogans.

rero360
02-24-20, 11:11
A few of my terps from Afghanistan came to the US, I’m friends with him on Facebook, he and his family are loving it here. I remember when they first came over and he would post pictures of his kids, the boys who were probably like 8 and 10 looked angry and distrustful just like all the kids I saw over there. But now they’re smiling in every picture and look like they’re adapting very well to life here. He does repost stuff from people over there still and when I do the google translate it’s almost always about how terrible war is and the crimes committed by the taliban and how people want peace.

Grand58742
02-24-20, 12:07
I had some good terps in Iraq that wanted that visa at the end. One in particular had a dilemma in trying to figure out which wife he was going to bring to the States...

Overall, with proper vetting of course, I have no issues with issuing a visa to interpreters who have risked life and limb to help our forces in conflict regions.

MegademiC
02-24-20, 12:08
See: Ilhan Omar, the esteemed congresswoman from MN. She left her degenerate s*!©hole of Somalia for the U.S. and now spends her time and position trying to destroy the U.S.

You really dont get it, do you. Somalia is so great, she needs to make the rest if the world just like it. What better place to start, than the bottom? The sh!thole USA where they wont even let you marry your brother.

Todd.K
02-24-20, 16:43
Overall, with proper vetting of course, I have no issues with issuing a visa to interpreters who have risked life and limb to help our forces in conflict regions.

It's not the vetting that is really the problem. It's lack of assimilation.

Radicalization often happens after someone has been here some time. It's also seen in the second generation.

SteyrAUG
02-24-20, 17:44
Even I knew that was going to happen.

It's the most obvious and vulnerable was to infiltrate. It's also made worse by our natural desire to help those we believe helped us. There is also the standard problem with immigrants who expect things to be easier in the US, and even though nobody is trying to kill them it's still sometimes hard to find a job, provide for a family and things like that. There is an easy tendency to want to blame the US for racism and all of the other things a person believes are holding them back and preventing them from succeeding.