PDA

View Full Version : Please refrain from urinating in the coffee maker...

Slater
02-29-20, 16:19
Maybe Alaska just didn't agree with him?

"An airman in Alaska was demoted and received a letter of reprimand for peeing in his squadron’s office coffee maker, among other violations of the Uniformed Code of Military Justice, according to documents from Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson.

Formally charged as a violation of article 92, dereliction of duty, the unnamed airman “knew or should have known” to “refrain from urinating in the squadron coffee maker,” according to the redacted charge sheet provided by the base public affairs office. The incident occurred sometime between Jan. 1 and Oct. 31, 2019, but the document does not stipulate how the crime was discovered."

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/elmendorf-richardson-airman-is-demoted-for-peeing-in-the-office-coffee-maker-1.620691

Honu
02-29-20, 17:09
Jail and every day spit and pee in his food a small amount next guy who thinks it’s funny won’t do it but anymore nothing happens to these people

Maybe Alaska just didn't agree with him?

"An airman in Alaska was demoted and received a letter of reprimand for peeing in his squadron’s office coffee maker, among other violations of the Uniformed Code of Military Justice, according to documents from Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson.

Formally charged as a violation of article 92, dereliction of duty, the unnamed airman “knew or should have known” to “refrain from urinating in the squadron coffee maker,” according to the redacted charge sheet provided by the base public affairs office. The incident occurred sometime between Jan. 1 and Oct. 31, 2019, but the document does not stipulate how the crime was discovered."

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/elmendorf-richardson-airman-is-demoted-for-peeing-in-the-office-coffee-maker-1.620691

SteyrAUG
02-29-20, 20:49
If shit ever gets real, guess who is not gonna have a "johnny on the spot" wingman or back up of any kind.

Slater
02-29-20, 21:13
This guy's probably not long for the Air Force anyway.

26 Inf
03-01-20, 00:12
'But sir, my mom's a nurse and she told me pee is sterile.'

SteyrAUG
03-01-20, 01:06
This guy's probably not long for the Air Force anyway.

Probably not, hope not. Seen it a few times but never fails to mystify me when some idiot is so short sighted as to screw with the people he may have to depend on for his very life one day. I may or may not particularly like a few guys in the group, that means we probably won't be going out for pizza together. But if it comes down to it, I know I'm going to cover their ass and have their back if for no other reason than they might be the closest person around when I realize I've hung my ass out too far in the wind.

I don't wish for war, but sometimes these guys have to see some action to get their priorities right and move past the nonsense. How they survive basic without that core idea being hammered into their brain is another one that baffles me.

titsonritz
03-01-20, 01:15
I'm not going to mention any names but someone needs some serious pounding.

ChattanoogaPhil
03-01-20, 08:35
.... the unnamed airman “knew or should have known” to “refrain from urinating in the squadron coffee maker,”

piddle pack... mission extender... coffee maker.

Alpha-17
03-01-20, 09:43
There are a lot of NCO's I'd love to see drink piss, but for the love of all that is holy, don't mess with coffee!

ramairthree
03-01-20, 09:59
Probably not, hope not. Seen it a few times but never fails to mystify me when some idiot is so short sighted as to screw with the people he may have to depend on for his very life one day. I may or may not particularly like a few guys in the group, that means we probably won't be going out for pizza together. But if it comes down to it, I know I'm going to cover their ass and have their back if for no other reason than they might be the closest person around when I realize I've hung my ass out too far in the wind.

I don't wish for war, but sometimes these guys have to see some action to get their priorities right and move past the nonsense. How they survive basic without that core idea being hammered into their brain is another one that baffles me.

Ummm..
No one is going to mess with some dipshit loser on crutches or taking a shower.

The guy whose crutches you steal and then run up the stairs so they have to hop, or pour a bucket of ice water into the shower are your best buddies.

When leader, despised or loved, is messed with,
It’s extra weight in the bottom of their ruck, or their magazines turned upside down.
If you get caught, you can say you were only using it to make them stronger,
Or as an example they could carry more, or would set an example for the men for their attention to detail when they caught it,
And not get in real trouble.

KUSA
03-01-20, 10:16
My guess is that he didn’t drink coffee and they made him make it for them.

jsbhike
03-01-20, 10:25

Maybe he likes it salty with just a hint of ammonia? :D

Dr. Bullseye
03-01-20, 11:21
Why is the airman unnamed? Is he also a whistleblower?

WillBrink
03-01-20, 11:55
Is that not the kinda thing, at least back in the day, that would get you a serious a$$ whooping regardless of official responses? I mean, those who drank that coffee might not be real pleased with him.

ChattanoogaPhil
03-01-20, 13:43
I mean, those who drank that coffee might not be real pleased with him.

They'd be pissed for sure.

Averageman
03-01-20, 14:48

This.
I heard a story of a guy at Ft Bliss that decided to mix some Jimson Weed. Apparently the reaction was between hallucinations to a visit to the ER.
There was some fingers pointing, but in the end no conclusive evidence.

jsbhike
03-01-20, 18:28
This.
I heard a story of a guy at Ft Bliss that decided to mix some Jimson Weed. Apparently the reaction was between hallucinations to a visit to the ER.
There was some fingers pointing, but in the end no conclusive evidence.

Bet that was interesting.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datura_stramonium#Etymology_and_common_names

26 Inf
03-01-20, 22:44
I mean, those who drank that coffee might not be real pleased with him.

After working in kitchens throughout high school, I'm of the opinion 'don't ask what's going on in the kitchen, if you don't want to know what's going on in the kitchen.'

I'd bet most might be in the 'tell him not to do it again, so I don't have to make coffee' camp.

26 Inf
03-01-20, 22:45

I see what you did there.

jsbhike
03-02-20, 05:20
After working in kitchens throughout high school, I'm of the opinion 'don't ask what's going on in the kitchen, if you don't want to know what's going on in the kitchen.'

I'd bet most might be in the 'tell him not to do it again, so I don't have to make coffee' camp.

Worked in a restaurant in high school too. Considering most patrons came back a couple of times a week, it seemed to me food borne illness is just a case where someone's number is up.

BoringGuy45
03-02-20, 14:34
New guy (reading the sign): "'No urinating in the coffee maker'? That's common sense. Why do they even need to put up a sign for that??"

Veteran: "Funny story about that..."

03-02-20, 16:40
S’posed to just put salt in it, @$$hole.

Alex V
03-03-20, 07:50
I guess they's don't do the soap in a sock in the middle of the night thing like in Full Metal Jacket in real life, hu?

26 Inf
03-03-20, 12:03
I guess they's don't do the soap in a sock in the middle of the night thing like in Full Metal Jacket in real life, hu?

It was more common back in the day of open bay barracks.

It happened in my barracks, but without the soap in a sock. A shitbird racist biker wannabee had just returned from a stay in the hospital and was on crutches. It was a Friday night and he had been drinking. During his hospital stay a black Marine had transferred in. Shithead starts in with n this and n that then tells the guy pretty explicitly what he's going to do to him when he gets off his crutches. The black Marine took it silently. It was late, everything wound down, and we pretty much hit the racks.

A couple hours later there is some screaming and that meat-thwacking sound. The black Marine had woke up shit for brains, yanked him out of the rack and was beating the dog shit out of him, he started with hands and progressed to using shit for brains crutches before we got lights on and stopped him. Duty NCO called the MP's statements were took, shit for brains went back to the hospital, and the rest of us went to sleep.

When shit for brains came back that time he was sent to bridge company. The black Marine stayed. I moved out of the barracks to Oceanside shortly after, glad to leave that shit behind. As far as I know that was all that happened.

Life in the 70's Marine Corps. When I was at Courthouse Bay, they had to have the guard force manning the chow line to stop black and white fighting, you couldn't be out solo after dark, and you couldn't be in a group of three or more. A Nebraska boy's introduction to the South.

Slater
03-03-20, 12:12
I joined the USAF in 1978 when the whole "disco vs rock" thing was going on (some of you older types may remember that). It resulted in a few racial dust-ups, but nothing dramatic.

StovePipe_Jammer
03-03-20, 15:39
Prior USAF and two guys in my unit (who were actually good friends) ended up urinating in each others vehicles right outside our shop in the early 2000's. One did it as an f-u, the other guy retaliated in kind. The 1st Sgt caught wind of it and all hell broke loose.

I just shook my head at the time, wondering what the hell is wrong with some people and being glad I kept my stuff locked up. Good to see not much has changed, I guess? I've been out for a while but I still cringed a bit seeing where the most recent incident happened. I drink coffee and have had a few TDY's to that base.

MistWolf
03-04-20, 12:01

Better to be pissed off than pissed in

utahjeepr
03-04-20, 14:18
Back when I was in the Corps (how many wild lies have followed that sentence? )

I recall a barracks thief back in the day whom, after a thorough investigation, was found to have wrapped himself up in a sheet and fallen out of a third story window. His version of the incident was a great deal different, but who can take the word of a thief.

This fellow should have suffered much the same fate.