PDA

View Full Version : LaRue Tactical

Willoj
03-01-20, 18:45
I can’t find much on LaRue Tactical as far as quality, durability, and customer service is concerned. I’m mostly interested in their mounts, but I’d love to know about their rifles as well. Any information is appreciated.

03-01-20, 19:04
I like 'em. They have steel inserts in the rings and I've never had one that needed lapping.

They'll usually answer the phone if you call 'em.

t1tan
03-01-20, 19:20
There are far better mount options available these days.

Eurodriver
03-01-20, 19:37
There are far better mount options available these days.

Agreed.

Larue seems to have a cult following in Texas, and in the year 2011 but those days are gone and Texas is a blue state now so who cares what they think.

justin_247
03-01-20, 20:07
LaRue is good to go for optic mounts. I can't speak to their rifles.

When it comes to optic mounts, buy LaRue, ADM, or Bobro, and you'll be well-served.

SeriousStudent
03-01-20, 20:17
..... and Texas is a blue state now so who cares what they think.

https://i.imgur.com/qTsVnax.jpg

Nope.

SeriousStudent
03-01-20, 20:19
Personally, I'm a fan of BoBro and MI mounts. I have also had good experiences with Badger as well.

justin_247
03-01-20, 20:24
Deleted.

SeriousStudent
03-01-20, 20:49
Not a big deal. I am used to reading that from folks outside the state.

Come to Texas, eat some brisket, and become a bacon-loving gun enthusiast. It's all we ask.

VLODPG
03-01-20, 20:53
A sample of one: My Larue Stealth barrel holds (5) round, 1.25" groups @ 100 yards from the bench/sandbagged with WWB 55gr. Glass is Nightforce 5.5-22x50

MegademiC
03-01-20, 21:06
My dealings with Larue, only a couple, have been positive.
Their mounts are good, especially for the weight/money.

They mark your receiver if you care... but so does brass.

Fwiw, my next rifle will have an offset rds and no QD.

Renegade04
03-01-20, 21:50
I have been using LaRue Tactical mounts for well over ten years. The latest ones being their LT-204 C.A.N. SPR QD mount and the LT839 QD Mount for the MRO. I also have a few of their barrels and some other products. They have always been super for me. Whenever I have had a question on something, they have been there to answer it. Orders usually ship within a couple days after ordering. The LaRue Tactical mounts are well worth having. That said, I would also recommend the ADM mounts too. I use a few of these as well.

https://i.imgur.com/yiVHsDk.jpg

LaRue Tactical 16" 5.56 PredatAR barrel (mid-length) w/ M4 Feedramps
LaRue Tactical Mid-Length Gas Tube
LaRue Tactical Low Profile Gas Block
LaRue Tactical 13.2" Lok*A*Tinny (LAT) Handguards
LaRue Tactical MBT-2S (2-Stage Trigger)
LaRue Tactical LT839 QD Mount

AO777
03-01-20, 21:58
I've heard good things overall about Larue's quality but have not used them myself. I have a few ADM's on various rifles and have had zero issues. Primary arms is having a 12% off sale right now. Take your pick larue, ADM or even a Geissele

Dennis
03-01-20, 22:10
I have Larue mounts that work well from back in the day and I am not replacing them. They are well made and strong. However for new optics I prefer mounts that clamp on more rail such as ADM and others.

Dennis.

85cucvtom
03-01-20, 22:42
I've seen and used their mounts and they are nice. I'm interested in one of the MBT series dual stage triggers. I'll probably buy one sooner than later.

PrarieDog
03-01-20, 22:55
I have several scope mounts and six met 2 triggers. Large has always been solid. Customer service has been great. The owner tends to piss people off. Especially if they lack a sense of humor. His products have a distinctive look but I have not experienced any duds except the paint mixer thing he sells.

kirkland
03-01-20, 23:40
I still use a Larue QD mount for my aimpoint, it still works as well as it ever did and returns to zero with no problems after detatching and reattaching.

Buncheong
03-02-20, 00:15
Come to Texas, eat some brisket, and become a bacon-loving gun enthusiast.

Now, when you say bacon, do you mean store-bought bacon, locally-raised bacon, or the kind of bacon you go get yourself at night using a Pulsar Thermion XP50?

03-02-20, 03:43
The Larue mounts are my preference for Aimpoints. ADM is my preference for magnified optics. There are a few members here that really, really, like their handguards (no personal experience).

I've seen and used their mounts and they are nice. I'm interested in on of their MBT series dual stage triggers. I'll probably but one sooner than later.
I posted my thoughts on this trigger compared to several others here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?220849-Dry-fire-observations-comparison&p=2813540#post2813540
and will add that if you feel like you’re in a place to make swapping a trigger in a HD or duty rifle worth the 10 minutes and <$100, the MBT 2S is a top choice.

Screwball
03-02-20, 04:59
Never had an issue with LaRue. Just tossed one of their Aimpoint Micro mounts on my AR pistol, mainly because of their QD setups.

ChattanoogaPhil
03-02-20, 06:39
Purchased an Aimpoint Micro / LaRue LT660 combo in 2013. All good.

Eurodriver
03-02-20, 07:10
Sorry guys. I was trolling the Texans. I screenshotted that for DocSherm and RTX and forgot to edit it lol. Settle down Justin 247 Trudeau.

All my QD optic mounts are Larue. If it has an optic and I want QD it goes in a Larue. Period. They are good to go. I like that they don’t use springs that can wear out like nearly every other QD mount out there.

The only troll in this thread is OP. How can it be 2020 and you don’t know of Larue’s quality? Ptmccain?

CAN mount. MBT. Rail.

https://i.imgur.com/DILlgUF.jpg

R0CKETMAN
03-02-20, 08:38
T mount GTG for over a decade.

OBR 308 ...friend has one. All I ever hear is they are insanely accurate.

I’d be looking at other options in their price range for a complete rifle.

ps I could give a f$&@ where they’re located. Texas still has some good people and one smoooooookin hot chic I know of

GTF425
03-02-20, 08:41
The only troll in this thread is OP. Ptmccain?

Was thinking this.

everready73
03-02-20, 09:20
Was thinking this.

They make good products. Mounts, triggers, and rails GTG as mentioned several times

I believe marks strategy with lower pricing is help drive sales right now, especially in a saturated market

The LT204 is priced right, MBT2 is a steal at the price and the new SAT and LAT rails are only 10$ and inch.

The ultimate uppers are also a really good deal for what you get. Basically everything to build a gun but the lower receiver for under $800. You can throw it on any lower, or buy one of theirs after purchase if you want it to match.

I have read mostly good things on their barrels. Some reports that certain lengths and overgassed, but most say they are really accurate. They do not disclose to much about the barrels though as far as what type of steel or coatings they use which bothers me a bit

FYI the RAT stocks are ugly IMO but they have them at $39 right now which is a steal

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-rat-stock/

GTF425
03-02-20, 09:27
They make good products. Mounts, triggers, and rails GTG as mentioned several times

I'm a big fan of LT mounts and have been using them for ~13 years. My brief experience with a PredatOBR (16" 7.62) was very positive.

I have not used the MBT or rails, but like Euro, my go-to QD mounts are LT.

My post was more in wonder to if this is another ptmccain account given he was just rooted out and banned again.

Springer
03-02-20, 09:58
I have a handful of their lt660 mounts and they have all been great. I have never had any issue with them. Never had any experience with their customer serivce but my orders have all shipped fast.

Sendit_Hit
03-02-20, 13:44
Strictly anecdotal, but I have an Aimpoint T1 that has been in a Larue LT751 mount for north of 11k rounds. Im no operator but I also dont baby that rifle... mount has never come loose, and no zero issues.

Willoj
03-02-20, 14:10
Sorry guys. I was trolling the Texans. I screenshotted that for DocSherm and RTX and forgot to edit it lol. Settle down Justin 247 Trudeau.

All my QD optic mounts are Larue. If it has an optic and I want QD it goes in a Larue. Period. They are good to go. I like that they don’t use springs that can wear out like nearly every other QD mount out there.

The only troll in this thread is OP. How can it be 2020 and you don’t know of Larue’s quality? Ptmccain?

CAN mount. MBT. Rail.

https://i.imgur.com/DILlgUF.jpg

I know almost nothing about the world of ARs and accessories. My goal is to become informed. The only method I know of to become informed is to ask questions and soak up info. I intend to do just that. If you are bothered by that feel free not to post on threads I create.

kirkland
03-02-20, 14:48
I think I need to order another Larue mount/optic so I can get another jar of Dillo Dust.

grizzlyblake
03-02-20, 15:04
I know almost nothing about the world of ARs and accessories. My goal is to become informed. The only method I know of to become informed is to ask questions and soak up info. I intend to do just that. If you are bothered by that feel free not to post on threads I create.

If you are just starting out to educate yourself I would suggest reading the thousands of old threads, searching topics that interest you, and go from there. I would sincerely hope you don't intend to create new threads to educate yourself from scratch on the AR platform.

Willoj
03-02-20, 15:11
If you are just starting out to educate yourself I would suggest reading the thousands of old threads, searching topics that interest you, and go from there. I would sincerely hope you don't intend to create new threads to educate yourself from scratch on the AR platform.
I don’t intend to do that, but I couldn’t find threads less than a few years old so I will ask for updated info. I always search before creating a thread.

GTF425
03-02-20, 15:19
I think I need to order another Larue mount/optic so I can get another jar of Dillo Dust.

My recent orders (SPR mounts) have not included a Dillo or dust, for what it's worth.

SwatDawg15
03-02-20, 15:28
Larue and ADM are my goto's. I haven't ordered from Larue directly in years, so I don't know if there shipping speed is any better. I do know that beings its 2020 there is no excuse for not having a live inventory website.

mack7.62
03-02-20, 15:28
I can remember when LaRue first got going back in the early 2000's, I needed a couple of Aimpoint Comp M mounts and my parts dealer down in Texas told me "there's a new local company that's making some pretty good stuff". My genius reply was "LaRue never heard of them, order me a couple of GG&G mounts". Well needless to say 6 month's later the Comp M's were wearing LaRue's and the GG&G's were thrown in a box somewhere, Then for about 10 years or so LaRue was used for everything, ACOG's, T1's, Handguards, flashlights, then once ADM came along it became a price thing whichever was cheaper at the time. Fast forward to today and there are many options but back in the day they were one of the first to make war fighter quality goods that are now a little dated but still rock solid. For the money you can't touch a LAT or SAT or MBT or CAN, only a bunch of whiney soyboi's care that the top rail is not continuous I learned many years ago "don't bridge the gap". So yeah if you are considering LaRue buy with confidence.

Don't Tread On Me
03-02-20, 15:31
My recent orders (SPR mounts) have not included a Dillo or dust, for what it's worth.

No Dillo Dust?! Isn’t that part of the reason we do business with Larue? :(

All kidding aside, as has been previously posted, their mounts are still gtg. Their mounting system on their rails, albeit dated, is proven. While some may eschew the gap between upper receiver and rail based on aesthetics, I am a fan and can attest the design’s durability and rigidity. I don’t know the owner nor have any affiliation with Larue, but the general sense I get reading posts on TOS is the guy has the attitude that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t need fixing.

For the price point, Larue triggers FTW.

03-02-20, 16:37
I’ve not been able to get any Dillo Dust or bottle tool lately to save my life.

titsonritz
03-02-20, 16:44

I’ve not been able to get any Dillo Dust or bottle tool lately to save my life.

Me either, been wondering what's up with that shit?

gunnerblue
03-02-20, 19:46
Adkins Western Style BBQ Seasoning from Amazon- same stuff

grizzlyblake
03-02-20, 20:02
The CAN mount has my interest. I was going to get an ADM but the lighter weight and lower price of the CAN is attractive.

Can someone post a picture of a well known LPVO in one so I can see how the eye relief is set? Mine would hold a 1-4 AccuPower and I’m concerned the eyepiece will be too far back.

GTF425
03-02-20, 20:08

...👁👄👁

26 Inf
03-02-20, 20:25

And yet, mine came free with my purchase, Amazon sells for $10.00ish.

Or are you making the BBQ-spec allegory?

vandal5
03-02-20, 20:27
My experience with LaRue has been positive.

My first purchase was a UU Kit from them, when I ordered it they were a pretty new offering and the wait times were known to take a while. I fully understood this and ordered anyway. When I placed my order they only came in keymod. During the time I was waiting it was announced that they would be offering mlok on the Stealth 2.0 uppers from the kit. I called in and asked if I could update my order from keymod to mlok (already had mlok on my other rifle). I was told that I could but it could increase my wait time. I let them know that I was fine with that. Not too long after that I did get notice that my kit was shipping. I had a bunch and turned out to be right that they shipped my order with a keymod rail. Upon receiving it I called in and let them know what I had received and that I had recently called in to update the order. They sent me a return label and asked that I return just the rail, and sent me back an mlok version.

Overall I felt like the UU kit was a great value, especially seeing that you can order it in multiple different configurations. It came with everything I needed to build out the base rifle minus a lower.

If any one happens to have any questions on it is be happy to answer if I can.

My only other purchase, was the CAN SPR mount. That only took a few days to arrive and seems like a solid piece of equipment so far.

vandal5
03-02-20, 20:44
The CAN mount has my interest. I was going to get an ADM but the lighter weight and lower price of the CAN is attractive.

Can someone post a picture of a well known LPVO in one so I can see how the eye relief is set? Mine would hold a 1-4 AccuPower and I’m concerned the eyepiece will be too far back.

I posted pics in the scope and mount weight thread of the CAN with a PA 1-6 gen3.

Let me know what you want to see and I'll see if I can help out.

ccosby
03-02-20, 21:56
As others have said larue makes good stuff. Some of it seems a little dated compared to some newer offerings but overall it should work well for you. The MBT triggers are a great value, not as good as the geissele but good enough to me that I don't think you get enough to justify the difference in cost. Its a really nice trigger. My experience with the mounts has been sub moa shift if you remove and remount one.

teksid
03-02-20, 23:13
I have a couple jars of Dillo Dust that I’ve never tried. Is it any good? Also, what company is it that sends those succors with the scorpion inside? I really like those.

Ricrock
03-02-20, 23:17
LaRue is SOLID! We in Texas wish you folks from the East and West coasts the best of luck....but stay there! Away from polluting our state with your vitriol.

Eurodriver
03-03-20, 05:00
LaRue is SOLID! We in Texas wish you folks from the East and West coasts the best of luck....but stay there! Away from polluting our state with your vitriol.

Looks like you’ve got your own vitriol that’s about to pollute this country.

“ O'Rourke endorses Biden at Dallas rally on eve of Super Tuesday, as ex-VP appears to offer gun-control role”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-rally-texas-buttigieg-klobuchar-endorsement

What do you mean? You can adjust the scope in the mount to put it anywhere you want.

Me either, been wondering what's up with that shit?

Same. Spent about $1000 there in 2020 alone so far and no Dillo dust or dillos.

Larue and ADM are my goto's. I haven't ordered from Larue directly in years, so I don't know if there shipping speed is any better. I do know that beings its 2020 there is no excuse for not having a live inventory website.

Agreed. But you question them or any Texans on that and they go nuts. “Keeps prices down”. Ok. Sure.

The fact that I have to physically call someone to find out if they have items in stock (and don’t even receive an email that an item is backordered) is usually enough to keep me using somebody else. I only order from Larue if another product won’t work. They also don’t have any dealers. You can find their stuff elsewhere with websites that are in the 21st century but it’s like 50% more expensive.

They could make some very minor changes and do a lot better from a customer ease-of-use standpoint but ML is arrogant just like all the Texans who want to take my guns.

None of this has anything to ask about their products though which is what the OP asked about. They are great. Just expect this “we know better than you” mentality from them that most Texans have. (lol also OP idgaf if you want me replying or not dude)

mark5pt56
03-03-20, 05:04
Keep the politics out of it. If you want to discuss that, start a thread in General

grizzlyblake
03-03-20, 05:45
What do you mean? You can adjust the scope in the mount to put it anywhere you want.

I mean if the mount is on the forward most rail slot of the receiver, does it allow a run of the mill scope like a Viper II to go forward enough in the rings to get proper eye relief without extending the stock or other adjustments.

vandal5
03-03-20, 06:08
I mean if the mount is on the forward most rail slot of the receiver, does it allow a run of the mill scope like a Viper II to go forward enough in the rings to get proper eye relief without extending the stock or other adjustments.This help?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200303/69f98bd3d887d3c9190636195e0fc117.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

GTF425
03-03-20, 06:21
I mean if the mount is on the forward most rail slot of the receiver, does it allow a run of the mill scope like a Viper II to go forward enough in the rings to get proper eye relief without extending the stock or other adjustments.

While a different height, this has the same eye relief as the CAN/SPR 1.5. Piggybacking on vandal5; hopefully this helps, too.

https://i.imgur.com/0mTktN1.jpg

grizzlyblake
03-03-20, 06:45
Thanks guys, that's what I was looking for.

Renegade04
03-03-20, 07:13
I have a couple jars of Dillo Dust that I’ve never tried. Is it any good? Also, what company is it that sends those succors with the scorpion inside? I really like those.

Dillo Dust is good stuff. I have been using it for years. Great for grilling chicken, beef, pork, or just about any kind of meat. I still have about 4 jars of it in my pantry.

Renegade04
03-03-20, 07:18

C.A.N. with a VORTEX Strike Eagle.

https://i.imgur.com/Tvgq3QL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/sX6YeOD.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9ehzByp.jpg

Alex V
03-03-20, 08:21
I will admit, I am a bit of a LaRue nut swinger, though not as bad as some of the guys on AR15.com, there is a weird cult thing happening there.

My main training rifle for the last 7 or so years has been a LaRue PredatAR in 5.56. Not sure how many rounds at this point but it's been through countless classes including 2 Costa classes, both of which have been in the mud and rain. I shoot cheap shit Wolf out of it and never had any problems. The only malfunctions I've had have been due to crappy neutered 15 and 10 round NJ legal mags.

I got an OBR in 7.62 after Sandy Hook, took 18 months. Ugh. I have only done one class with it, but I did take it out to 1000y at the Mifflin Co range in PA and made first round hits on a 24" plate. It came with a .751 MOA 3 round test target. The best 3 round group I got out if was .377 MOA Fun fact; if you take your test target [make as many copies as you want] and post up a better group than the test, you get a certificate and a special dillo. LOL My 5 round groups when I don't through one out are typically in the 3/4" range. I am not F class competitor, the rifle is a tack driver, no doubt.

All my optics are currently mounted on LaRue mounts and can't say I ever experienced a problem. I have taken them off to clean the rifles and they seem to return to zero as advertised. Would I like to mount some of my scopes in SPUHR, sure, but they are twice the price, are they twice as good?

Generally, we should ignore everything Eurodriver has to say about politics. Just a few years ago, he was trying to move to Canada and seemed OK with losing his 2A rights, and was praising Canada's main socialist party. From this thread (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?205151-Moving-to-Canada-teach-me-about-cold-weather):

Kinda reminds me when I found out my friend's password to a car forum, logged on as him and posted a thread coming out as gay.

Esq.
03-03-20, 08:30
I have several LaRue mounts, primarily on Aimpoints that I have used for nearly a decade. Never an issue.

Recently I purchased 6 of the new rails. They all installed without issues and given that they use essentially the same locking system as the old Quad Rails, they should prove to be absolutely bomb proof- if your LaRue rail fails and you are holding the weapon when it does.....the rail failing will be the least of your problems.

I've got 5 of their MBT triggers. Good as Geissele? Maybe not, 90+% as good at well under HALF THE PRICE, unquestionably so. If you are an "operator" well, you're usually issued your gear, sorry, the rest of us, will be just fine using MBT's.

Not a LaRue fan boy in particular, I have lots of Midwest and ADM products, BCM, GDI etc....but that has been my experience with the LaRue products I own.

ST911
03-03-20, 08:34
Extensive individual and group use of LT products, excellent performance.

gunnerblue
03-03-20, 09:37
And yet, mine came free with my purchase, Amazon sells for $10.00ish.

Or are you making the BBQ-spec allegory?

Haha, nothing so cryptic. Just mentioning for those of us that don't always get the free stuff. Back on topic, I just picked up a LT OBR 30mm scope mount to fit my big-ass legacy USO TPAL. Typical LT high-qualtiy

cosmo223
03-03-20, 10:15
Don't own any Larue mounts, but I do own several of their uppers. Generally considered to be among the most accurate AR's you can buy - and that has been my experience. Their ultimate upper kits are among the best values around. Recently bought another upper which cost $800 assembled (at the time they were throwing in assembly for free). Comes with everything you need but the receiver, including an MBT trigger which is the best trigger upgrade you can make short of buying a Geissele. Find a decent Aeroprecision or Spike's Tactical receiver on sale and you have a great AR for about $850-75.

Also own one of their large frame AR's which I again put together from an Ultimate Upper kit. It's a 6.5 creedmore and is an absolute hammer. More money than an AR15, but again add an Aeroprecision lower and it would be tough to find a better AR10 rifle at this price.

noonesshowmonkey
03-03-20, 13:12

I run a Viper PST Gen II 1-6 in a 1.93 SPR mount. I believe that they are nearly identical in dimensions to the CAN mount. I typically keep my stock run out a couple of clicks to get my desired length of pull, and have no issues whatever getting behind the optic at 1x. Getting the tighter eyebox at 6x is a matter of reps, not necessarily of scope mounting depth given the way I have it set up. So, in short, no. I haven't had any issues with eye relief using a Viper PST 1-6 in an LT mount run at the farthest slot on the upper receiver.

Hammer_Man
03-04-20, 14:18
I have used Larue mounts for my Aimpoints, and ACOG. Both setups were Rock solid, and very well made. I know there are newer mounts out there, but Larue has worked so well for me I don't plan to switch out.

The only negative, is that they leave marks on your upper receiver, but it's not that big a deal IMO.

The Rat
03-04-20, 21:40
All of their mounts have been solid for me both for red dots and scopes. Their Stealth barrels have been a bit overgassed though. My brother has an 18" Stealth barrel build and it was so overgassed that even with an H3 buffer, the bolt was outrunning the magazine. We slapped an adjustable gas block on it, but haven't gotten it back to the range yet to verify function. The PredatOBR I had was similarly overgassed, it came from Larue with an H2 buffer but needed an H3 buffer before it would stop outrunning the mag. Was as accurate as you'd expect though.

As far as their website goes, the lack of transparency regarding stock levels and wait times is kind of a drag. I had one of their Stealth 2.0 upper receivers on order for like 3 months, then canceled it when a Hodge handguard came in stock. Never had any indication of how long the order was going to take to ship.

I don't get why they've been slow to adopt MLOK either. Their large frame ultimate upper kits still don't have any option for it.

tmwtrfwler
03-05-20, 09:40
I've used LaRue mounts since I first got into ar's. I'm not nearly as experienced as the majority on this board and don't get to run them like most do. But in my experience they're mounts are rock solid, fairly priced, and have never failed me. I use there mounts on 5.56 ar's, 300 blackouts, and bolt rifles I hunt with. If I find a product that's quality and doesn't give me a headache I stick with it.

I had a PredetAR 7.62 for a few years and it was insanely accurate. I sold it to a buddy who wanted it for as much as I paid. The only reason I got rid of it was that I have an LMT MWS and my father has two. So some redundancy is nice there.

I'm a fan of their products for sure.

pag23
03-06-20, 05:19
I have had no issues with the few Larue products I own.... Love the beverage dillo...

sidewaysil80
03-06-20, 05:37
I don't get why they've been slow to adopt MLOK either. Their large frame ultimate upper kits still don't have any option for it.

I suspect because that’s why/how they’re getting rid of all the key-mod inventory. If they gave an mlok option, they would probably have a lot of dead inventory.

Belmont31R
03-09-20, 04:36
I used to be a big LaRue guy and went to them first when looking for something I needed or to see what they were up to but I lost interest when their complete guns started coming out and I really have no use for any them. They seem like hunting guns.

Their in house polymer products like stocks, grips, and rail panels are all ugly and overly done. Rail covers where each one has to be screwed in?

I ordered an optic-mount combo last year, and days after I placed the order I got a back order email. I asked how long I should expect to wait and they couldn't give me a time frame. Ordered the same optic from somewhere else with a different but still great mount and had it on my porch in 3 days. The lack of stock status or even giving people a ballpark timeframe for being able to ship is absurd. Theres no way to tell what's in stock or not for anything on their site. Could get an item you order in a few days or months later out of the blue.

To be clear I have zero negative things to say about the actual quality of their products or anything of theirs I've used in the past just not a place I look at anymore when I need something.

grizzlyblake
03-09-20, 05:45
I just had that type of experience. I was about to buy one of their Aimpoint/mount combos when I thought it would be wise to call and verify stock since I'd read they don't update out of stock items.

The guy who answered (very friendly) said they are out of the T2s that I wanted right now. When I asked when they expected more stock he said maybe by the end of the year. I then asked what Aimpoints they actually had in stock and he said they only had one Comp M4.

ACE31
03-09-20, 17:38
Love the MBT-2S triggers. Have nothing but praise for them.

chuckman
03-09-20, 21:06
The Larue mounts are my preference for Aimpoints. ADM is my preference for magnified optics. There are a few members here that really, really, like their handguards (no personal experience).

I posted my thoughts on this trigger compared to several others here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?220849-Dry-fire-observations-comparison&p=2813540#post2813540
and will add that if you feel like you’re in a place to make swapping a trigger in a HD or duty rifle worth the 10 minutes and <$100, the MBT 2S is a top choice.

I love their handguards. Have several.

calicojack
03-11-20, 01:50
I cant verbalize my distaste for the owner without running the risk of getting banned.

mark5pt56
03-11-20, 05:22
And that's where it would eventually end