PDA

View Full Version : Crooked 507c reticle

alphavictortango
03-05-20, 18:12
A Holosun 507c purchased new from PSA showed up a couple weeks ago. Nice little optic for the price. It was originally meant as a stepping stone for a direct mill project. But is currently on a .300 blk pistol in a LEAP mount.
Problem is the four hash marks around the 32 moa ring are canted maybe a half degree counter clockwise. I contacted Holosun directly and got back a request for a picture of the reticle. “To see if it’s out of spec.”
Does anyone know how exactly to take a pic of a red dot reticle with an IPhone? Or what Holosun’s spec for a crooked reticle may be? I really was expecting a RMA and a fresh optic. Thank you for any help you can give.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offensive
03-06-20, 07:23
Holosun has good customer service. They will ask a few questions and then send you an optic

alphavictortango
03-06-20, 17:58
Holosun has good customer service. They will ask a few questions and then send you an optic

That’s what I’ve heard. They are asking for a picture of the reticle though. I’ll respond that I’m unable and see what happens.

Offensive
03-07-20, 01:56
That’s what I’ve heard. They are asking for a picture of the reticle though. I’ll respond that I’m unable and see what happens.

Turn on the optic and take a pic with your phone is pretty straight forward

SteveL
03-07-20, 09:30
Turn on the optic and take a pic with your phone is pretty straight forward

I had a similar situation with an HE508T. They told me they allow +/- 2° of cant. When I finally did get a decent pic I emailed it in but never got a response. I ended up sending it in anyway for evaluation. They determined it was defective. However the 508 has been discontinued in favor of the new version so that's what they're going to send me when they're in stock in about three weeks.