PDA

View Full Version : Who Makes It?

spence
03-05-20, 22:09
Cabela's Herter's box. When S&B made it, it was headstamped "Herter's", box specified "made in Czech Republic". Box is now more like Winchester boxes, with this headstamp, says made in USA. Search engine nets me nothing definitive.

223to45
03-06-20, 00:01
Blazer Brass??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bret
03-06-20, 09:39
I don't know, but my bet is that they don't want us to know. This way they can award contracts to the lowest qualified bidder. The next time you buy, it may actually be made by a different company. Unless the in store prices are significantly less than their website prices, it's significantly overpriced anyway.

gaijin
03-06-20, 12:59
The two stars are a “Starline” thing.

Add; Starline is my go to for magnum handgun brass. It is GTG.

Bret
03-06-20, 13:39
The two stars are a “Starline” thing.
I thought that too at first, but then I looked at a Starline 9mm headstamp. The stars are not formed the same. Note the dot in the middle of the stars. I'm thinking that whoever made the brass is simply trying to appear patriotic.

https://large.shootingsportsmedia.com/743173.jpg

spence
03-08-20, 14:04
I believe we've sorted out that it's manufactured by Olin/Winchester for them. The packaging is otherwise very reminiscent of Winchester's, as well as some other minor details. It's no WWB, though, it chronographs significantly hotter, and has the recoil to go with it. I've only shot a box of it, but thus far I'd say it's pretty decent stuff.