PDA

View Full Version : barrel question

MrLegalAce777
03-06-20, 12:04
I have a urgi upper and the barrel is the dd barrel and the whole thing has a reddish brown tint and not black like my bcm barrels is that normal? Also noticed that the white paint marks on the geissele gas block has a brown tint as well instead of the typical white. Im kinda stumped. Took off the handgaurd and scrubbed it with hoppes and acetone and not a change it almost looks like the barrel is burnt. I will attach a picture.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x480q90/923/7oVHqg.jpg

odugrad
03-07-20, 10:18
I've actually had this issue on a DD barrel of mine a few years back. I posted about it on this forum, too. My barrel had reddish spots all over that looked like rust (which is what I thought it was at first). I contacted DD and sent it to them to inspect. They said it was oil that been baked into the barrel while firing it. They said it wouldn't effect anything but replaced it for me anyway.

So... Based on my limited experience, although not common, I would say it's nothing to worry about and shouldn't effect performance. I've seen several barrels with odd discolorations.