PDA

View Full Version : Tacsol vs Spikes .22LR uppers

RadioActivity
11-21-08, 15:02
What say you? I am reading a very disheartening thread on TOS about the tacsol uppers. I've read numerous disheartening accounts about the (old) spikes uppers on here.

So...anyone have any experience with the new spikes tactical uppers (nickel plated bolt carrier group)? Has tacsol made any changes to their original release design to remedy issues people were having?

Thanks for any help

jvg04
11-21-08, 19:57
What say you? I am reading a very disheartening thread on TOS about the tacsol uppers. I've read numerous disheartening accounts about the (old) spikes uppers on here.

So...anyone have any experience with the new spikes tactical uppers (nickel plated bolt carrier group)? Has tacsol made any changes to their original release design to remedy issues people were having?

Thanks for any help

I don't have a Spikes but I have 2 Tac Sol M4 uppers.
They both have run flawlessly with approx 600rd (40 grn Rem Thunderbolt & Fed Bulk) through them.

jvg04

militarymoron
11-21-08, 20:40
my experience with the old and new spike's tactical ST-22 upper:
http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/ar.uppers2.html#spikes

bottom line - old upper :mad:, new upper :D!

thopkins22
11-21-08, 23:11
My new Spike's upper has been absolutely perfect...average one hiccup per 550 rd bulk pack. Accuracy is great(as good as it's going to get without coughing up the dough for better ammo, so I don't know how good it could be.)

Complaints? The wait was a killer. The YHM rails have way too large a circumference...but for a $15 dollar upgrade, worth it.

Don't know how the TacSol stacks up, but you'd be hard pressed to go wrong with Spike's.

Roughly 4000 rounds through it at this point...the nickel still looks brand new.

OldNavyGuy
11-22-08, 07:41

Thanks for any help

not familiar with the "changes" but my newly purchased TacSol has about 500 rounds thru it and no problems, i am thinking about getting the Spikes upper and do all my own comparison checking

Semper Paratus
11-22-08, 16:37
I have one of the newer Spikes uppers. It serves admirably for what I bought it for, a affordable shooting practice clone. I'm on my 4th or 5th box of Federal Bulkpack and have only had a couple of problems. One was a mangling misfeed when I did not verify mag was locked in place (operator error) and another was no boomy on trigger pull. I indexed that round through my buckmark and put 5 or 6 good dents in the rim but no fire (Ammo problem). At 400-500 rounds it gets grungy enough to get sluggish but a shot of CLP on the bolt while still in the rifle unslugs it. It shoots good groups at 25 yds when the trigger puller adequately does his job. At some point I will have to get outside and shoot 500 and 100 yds.

thopkins22
11-22-08, 18:09
At some point I will have to get outside and shoot 500 and 100 yds.

:D You run your .22s at 500 a lot? Do you lay your targets on the ground and do it mortar style?

Kidding I think everybody understood it as 50 yds.

Semper Paratus
11-22-08, 19:22
Ya got me. Ihad too fasta fingers this time