PDA

View Full Version : GLOCK - 2nd Gen slide on a 3rd Gen frame?

tiger seven
11-21-08, 16:17
I have two G19s, a 2nd-gen model that I've owned for a couple of years and a newly purchased 3rd-gen model that I just got a few weeks ago. If I take the upper half (slide, barrel, etc.) off the 2nd-gen one and put it on the 3rd-gen frame, will I run into any problems? I've already confirmed that it's physically possible to do so, but I'm curious if anyone (like a certified Glock armorer) can tell me if there's any functional or mechanical issues that may arise. Is it safe to do this?

In case anyone is wondering why I'd do such a thing, it's because the older slide has Heinie night sights on it and the new one still has the crappy factory sights. I'd like to shoot the 3rd-gen pistol more to get used to the finger grooves and shooting with a pistol light, but I'd obviously prefer the better sights. Of course my plan is to eventually put aftermarket sights on the 3rd-gen pistol too, but I'm not sure when I'll have the cash to do that. Money's probably going to be tight through the end of the year. I was just thinking that in the meantime I could simply swap slides (maybe...) and carry on.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Derek

ST911
11-21-08, 18:50
No problem.

Robb Jensen
11-21-08, 19:47
No problems.

Heavy Metal
11-21-08, 19:54
Sounds like it should work. I would keep the orginial barrel mated to the same slide.

tiger seven
11-21-08, 20:44
Thanks guys! :)

Derek

Deputy91
11-29-08, 20:33
It will work without any problems.