PDA

View Full Version : Magpul Miad problems HELP!

LibertyCola
11-21-08, 16:59
I tightened the screw but the grip is loose and jigggles around, HELP!

L.F.O.D
11-21-08, 17:09
Check screw length, may be too long. Also are you from NH?

LibertyCola
11-21-08, 17:11
haha i just did not tighten it enough i am retarded plz delete. I wish I lived in new hampshire, I just like the motto.

LonghunterCO
11-21-08, 17:11
Is the grip all the way onto the lower receiver.

-As an aside I have had lowers with extra think anodization that the grip screw seemed to be bottomed out and it was in fact not, and the grip rattled. Fix: was to remove the grip and screw the grip screw into the receiver without the grip on it to see if you are bottoming out or not and then tightening and backing off a little at a time until the screw went all the way into the lower.
-Anvil Arms lower.

IroquoisSnakePlissken
11-22-08, 09:21
I've mounted two MIADs so far. Both were on Bushmasters. The first one went on without a sweat. The second one required the jaws of life to mount without any wiggle. I have absolutely no idea what the issue with the second one was, since the first went on like buttered silk, and the second one was like pulling Grizzly bear teeth to get in.

DrDrake
11-22-08, 20:46
Part of the reason for the difficulty is the dried blue loctite on the screw applied by us at home base. Remove the dry loctite and apply new wet loctite and it will go on smoother next time. Cheers.

exitinyourhead
11-22-08, 21:12
and definetly don't delete this post and don't feel dumb for posting the question. I bet a bunch of people wonder why that screw doesn't seem to want to go in, and are afraid of doing damage in case they are cross threading it. I know i felt that way until i saw a post about it on a forum. I had used the screw that was in my old grip to put my miad on but afterwords learned that it was just tight as hell and have since replaced it.

This will do somebody some good somewhere along the line (if they use the search that is)