PDA

View Full Version : Okay...what's the scoop with the Glock rumors?

RyanS
11-07-06, 19:20
I was purusing a post over on LF and a poster said that Glock had in the works a "real/non-G36" single-stack .45 ACP. Is this another one of those "My cousin's girl-friend's uncle's partner's best-friend works in a gun-shop and heard such and such from a Glock rep" rumors or is this for real? It seems that every year around SHOT Show, these start popping up. Does anyone have an inside track? I'm a skeptic.

ChrisG19
11-07-06, 19:40
I've learned that with Glock, I'll believe it when I see it.

LOKNLOD
11-07-06, 20:19
I've learned that with Glock, I'll believe it when I see it.

Exactly. I hear there's a Glock carbine on the way... :rolleyes:

Rob96
11-08-06, 05:09
I heard that at SHOT Glock will be introducing their carbine in 6.8 SPC.

GlockWRX
11-08-06, 08:42
I heard that at SHOT Glock will be introducing their carbine in 6.8 SPC.

I heard the Glock carbine was going to be released in 5.8mm GAR (Glock Auto Rifle).

In all seriousness, Glock fans have been clamoring for a full size single stack .45 for years. Hopefully, this year will be the year Glock gets a clue.

M4arc
11-08-06, 08:49
Here's what I know:

- There have been rumors of a new GLOCK developed to compete for the JCP.
- A member from South Africa saw a G21 with an ambi mag release and a manual safety.
- Gaston REALLY wants a military contract.
- I saw some new G21 mags (in person) with a cutout in the front of the mag. I don't know what it's for but it looks a little like a cutout for a mag release and since it's dead center it would be the perfect place for an ambi mag release.

That's all I know and I'm not trying to suggest anything. I'll believe nothing until I see it in person and no, I'm not looking for any new GLOCKs to be released at SHOT.

YMMV

baffle Stack
11-08-06, 11:19
I would like to see a Glock with interchangable backstaps.

Cold Zero
11-08-06, 11:34
I would like to see a Glock with interchangable backstaps.

+1 , me too.

VA_Dinger
11-08-06, 11:54
This sounds interesting.

Wouldn't this be the first major re-design for the Glock since the original G17?

M4arc
11-08-06, 12:11
This sounds interesting.

Wouldn't this be the first major re-design for the Glock since they came out with the G17?

I wouldn't say it's a "major" re-design only because the only thing different would be the ambi mag release. Remember that GLOCK has made a manual safety in the past for New Zealand (Model 17s) it doubt it would be much different with the only exception being the mag release.

I highly doubt we'll ever see these...

TREE
11-08-06, 13:44
Glocks have done pretty well for me. Hopefully whatever changes Glock makes they will run them on a parallel product line. God knows every other company offers more than one style gun.