PDA

View Full Version : New steel 30 round AR magazine

frbowers
11-21-08, 18:03
These look interesting. I plan to try them, anyone else heard of them?

http://www.fusil-usa.com/index.php

Jay Cunningham
11-21-08, 18:59
For $40?

No thanks.

Iraqgunz
11-21-08, 19:07
But hey, they are NTOA tested and recommended. That's gotta be worth a few dollars, right? :rolleyes:

For $40?

No thanks.

RogerinTPA
11-21-08, 19:11
For $40?

No thanks.

DITTO! I'll stick with Pmags, thanks...;)

NWPilgrim
11-22-08, 01:06
You can get CProducts stainless steel mags for about $13 for 30- or 20-rounders. 44mag.com. They fit and function for me so far.

bullitt5172
11-22-08, 17:12
For $40?

No thanks.

My thoughts exactly...

mmike87
11-22-08, 17:19
I would have thought that with the performance so far of the PMags and Lancer mags that everyone else would have given up ... but I guess there are still a component of users who would prefer metal magazines.

But like others said, C-Products steel mags are a lot cheaper.

But, the more the merrier I say. It's always nice to have options.

NWPilgrim
11-22-08, 20:08
Uh, what leads you to conclude that because some of us have steel mags that we don't also have aluminum and PMags? Are you drinking PMag kool-aid?

Do you have only plastic guns, too? Fine if you do, but why limit yourself? Live a little!

C4IGrant
11-22-08, 20:16
HK mags are steel and are $49. The $40 dollar price is most likely full retail. If they are a quality mag (anti-tilt follower) with a good spring and protective coating, they might be a good choice.

I would give them a shot as an option.

With the quality PMAG setting the standard, it is hard for a new mag to come along at such a high price and interest the consumer.

C4

LOKNLOD
11-22-08, 20:21
Uh, what leads you to conclude that because some of us have steel mags that we don't also have aluminum and PMags? Are you drinking PMag kool-aid?

Do you have only plastic guns, too? Fine if you do, but why limit yourself? Live a little!

If you just want to try out a different mag, that's fine. If you collect mags, that's fine too.

I've got no interest in having magazines for the sake of having magazines. I want ones that work, will continue to work, and that can be purchased as economically as possible. For my purposes, a $40 unproven mag vs. $10 USGI mags or $15 Pmags is just dumb.

Hellfire
11-22-08, 21:55
HK mags are steel and are $49. The $40 dollar price is most likely full retail. If they are a quality mag (anti-tilt follower) with a good spring and protective coating, they might be a good choice.

I would give them a shot as an option.

With the quality PMAG setting the standard, it is hard for a new mag to come along at such a high price and interest the consumer.

C4

You hit the nail on the head. Why pay more, and not get more.? The pmag seems to hold the unofficial title of "most reliable AR mag". I know other mags run well, but if you pay more you expect to get more.

Iraqgunz
11-23-08, 01:50
It has nothing to do with limiting yourself. Why buy a steel mag that is the same price or more expensive than a PMAG? If there are no ther options then that is great, something is better than nothing.

If you have ever used steel or aluminum mags for other than bench shooting you will understand why PMAG's shine.

Robb Jensen
11-23-08, 05:44
But hey, they are NTOA tested and recommended. That's gotta be worth a few dollars, right? :rolleyes:

That makes them 'more tactical'....;)

I'll stick with my Magpul PMAGs and Lancer L5s.

uspopo
11-23-08, 06:06
I'll stick with my Magpul PMAGs and Lancer L5s.

Yep, couldn't agree with you more...:D

Jack_Stroker
11-24-08, 16:09
I'm a huge fan of the PMags and actually a recent convert to them. I've never heard of the Lancer L5. I know nothing about them. However I've put most of my USGI mags in a box and I pretty much only use PMags and occasionally I bust out the Beta-C for fun. I see no reason to pay $40 for a magazine when I can get two PMags for less than that. I've also tried the H&K mags and while my Bushmaster likes them well enough, my AR Pistol and my Colt do not. I have feeding issues with them in the Colt, (but not with USGI or PMags) and the bolt hold open after the last shot doesn't work on the AR pistol with one of my H&K mags.

More isn't always better. In this case the PMag which is only slightly more expensive than the USGI mag seems to be the best by far. Totally reliable in all three of my AR's.

SoDak
11-24-08, 17:42
What's up with the holes on the back spine? A they there for round count or just to let dirt in?

bullseye
11-24-08, 19:53
at 40$ a pop, these folks have got "a hard row to hoe", competing with c-products ss mags, and of course pmags. give me two lancers, i'll get me something with a "born-on" date with the change, and contempulate what a wise, old sage i am.