PDA

View Full Version : The King (Review)

WillBrink
03-15-20, 13:22
Based on the life of King Henry The V, but uses Shakespeare's play as the guide for the screenplay. It's very well done and beautiful to look at. That it's was made by Netflix is a testament to Netlix wanting to be viewed as having a focus on putting out high quality movies with high quality production. Full of political intrigue, good dialogue, and the build up to the epic battle of Agincourt, where he defeated a superior French force, well worth the wait. It has less action than say movies in the genre based on historical figures - such as William Wallace in Braveheart - but the 2:20 minute run time goes by quickly, at least it did for me. A-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yam7eGhl4Ig

SeriousStudent
03-15-20, 18:42
Crap, I was hoping it was about BB King. Seriously.

WillBrink
03-15-20, 19:13
Crap, I was hoping it was about BB King. Seriously.

Just a bit before BB's time. I did see BB in concert 3 times however.

SeriousStudent
03-15-20, 20:56
Just a bit before BB's time. I did see BB in concert 3 times however.

He's awesome! I got to see him twice, once in Miami and the other time in Tokyo. The man was a gift to the human race.

Oh, and that Shakespeare guy was no slouch, either.

MistWolf
03-16-20, 23:33
He's awesome! I got to see him twice, once in Miami and the other time in Tokyo. The man was a gift to the human race.

Oh, and that Shakespeare guy was no slouch, either.

Shakespeare is wordy. He should shut up and just tell the story

Stickman
03-18-20, 10:22
Shakespeare is wordy. He should shut up and just tell the story

Thank you, and I thought I was the only person to think him overly verbose.

Stickman
03-18-20, 10:24
Based on the life of King Henry The V, but uses Shakespeare's play as the guide for the screenplay. It's very well done and beautiful to look at. That it's was made by Netflix is a testament to Netlix wanting to be viewed as having a focus on putting out high quality movies with high quality production. Full of political intrigue, good dialogue, and the build up to the epic battle of Agincourt, where he defeated a superior French force, well worth the wait. It has less action than say movies in the genre based on historical figures - such as William Wallace in Braveheart - but the 2:20 minute run time goes by quickly, at least it did for me. A-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yam7eGhl4Ig

I was thinking a few days ago that I was missing your movie reviews!! I agree 100%, I thought the movie was incredibly good, though I confess I go into each movie with stunningly low expectations.

I would recommend this movie to anyone interested in war, history, action, or drama movies.

mack7.62
03-18-20, 10:42
Oh come on nobody thought this was about Elvis? Agreed that BB was great, only saw him one time at a small venue in Austin on 6th street, good show. Will make a point of watching the movie while on lock down. Don't know about Shakespeare being wordy, never read that crap, comic book or movie adaptations only for me.

WillBrink
03-18-20, 14:19
I was thinking a few days ago that I was missing your movie reviews!! I agree 100%, I thought the movie was incredibly good, though I confess I go into each movie with stunningly low expectations.

I would recommend this movie to anyone interested in war, history, action, or drama movies.

I have been watching a lot of stuff lately, but mostly season two of things already reviewed.