PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this Daniel Defense

Walker_Texasranger
03-17-20, 10:31
Local dealer has a custom Daniel Defense V7. Apparently DD gives them to dealers that move a certain number of guns a year or something.

It’s a V7 with a 16” gov barrel but it has a Geissele 3gun trigger and a brake on it. Same price as a regular V7. Thinking with that trigger it’s hard to pass up for the price. What do y’all think?

I’d probably put an Accupoint 1-4 on it.

grizzlyblake
03-17-20, 10:32
What's the price? I would call and verify whatever you are told by the dealer with DD to make sure it's actually a full factory gun.

MikhailBarracuda91
03-17-20, 10:53
What's the price? I would call and verify whatever you are told by the dealer with DD to make sure it's actually a full factory gun.Good advice [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

R.O.U.S.
03-17-20, 10:56
That sounds a lot like a DD V7 Pro with a 16" barrel instead of a 18" barrel. What is the price?

Pappabear
03-17-20, 11:24
Hard to go wrong with DD and AR's. Whether it's a killer deal or not is all depending on what you have and need. There are always good deals, it's whether you need it or not. If you need such gun, go for it given its a full factory gun and the LGS didn't frankenburger it.

PB

Walker_Texasranger
03-17-20, 12:13
What's the price? I would call and verify whatever you are told by the dealer with DD to make sure it's actually a full factory gun.

$1599

L-2
03-17-20, 13:06
My thoughts:
I think the price for a regular DDM4V7 is ~$1729 or $1805 (if a lightweight version), but check me on that. If so, it's ~$130 less.

For me, I'm not a muzzle-brake guy, so I'd change it. I've got the tools to change it, but don't have a flash-hider. Heck, even if it did have a regular flash-hider, I might still want to change it. I'd then add in the cost of getting a different muzzle device. If a person doesn't already have the tools, add in the cost of getting the tools or the cost of having somebody do the swap, too. But that's just me. I suppose it's a deal, but only if you want a muzzle-brake.

Walker_Texasranger
03-17-20, 13:16
I hear you but I love the Geissele trigger and that’s big money so I think it’s a good deal regardless. I’ll try the brake but if it’s loud I’d put a Surefire flash hider on or something

L-2
03-17-20, 13:25
Post8, I forgot about the Geissele trigger. That does make it good deal as that trigger is ~$240. OK. Get it.

grizzlyblake
03-17-20, 13:30
FWIW I just bought a DDM4V7SLW (14.5 PW) for $1400 from Guns Midwest. Geissele G2S trigger would be $160, and the DD brake is $70, so figure $1630. I think the price is good for what you spec'd.

I personally would not spend this kind of money on a gov't barrel gun though. You could get the 16" LW for $1350 and add whatever trigger and break you want. https://www.gunsmidwest.com/daniel-def-m4-carbine-v7lw.html

Pappabear
03-17-20, 14:18
FWIW I just bought a DDM4V7SLW (14.5 PW) for $1400 from Guns Midwest. Geissele G2S trigger would be $160, and the DD brake is $70, so figure $1630. I think the price is good for what you spec'd.

I personally would not spend this kind of money on a gov't barrel gun though. You could get the 16" LW for $1350 and add whatever trigger and break you want. https://www.gunsmidwest.com/daniel-def-m4-carbine-v7lw.html
I’m. It all about LW, barrels so YMMV, but I still like a govt profile.

At this point, you know your not getting ripped off and if you want it, just buy it. Don’t make it a house buying dilemma, it’s just an AR.

PB

Walker_Texasranger
03-17-20, 14:59

My main gun is a BCM 14.5 ELW. Normally I think the gov barrel is dumb but in this instance I think it could be good. For a gamer type gun/shooting fast/etc. the extra weight up front can settle the muzzle down and keep things more stable.

Beat Trash
03-17-20, 15:50
I own a pair of DDM4V7 light weight’s.

My son owns a V7 with the government profile barrel. I prefer the V7lw, but I could be perfectly content with a V7 government profile gun. The V7 series are excellent guns.

GH41
03-17-20, 18:02
The deal wouldn't work for me.. The trigger nor the barrel are very popular options. That is why it is priced the way it is.

KUSA
03-17-20, 18:52
I own several Geiselle triggers including the nation match and the 3 gun. The 3 gun trigger (in a V7 pro) is a great trigger for this type of rifle. I plan on buying another one.

lew.45
03-18-20, 20:08
I own 3 Daniel Defense Rifles. I think that the fit and finish are great. I have found them all to be very accurate and reliable.

cdknox
03-18-20, 21:41
Buy it for sure. That's a great price.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

grizzlyblake
03-19-20, 06:11
As of this morning that is a great price. I just checked a bunch of DD models through gun.deals and everything is out of stock or closer to MSRP. If it's still there you should buy it.

Looks like the panic buying has taken full hold of the industry.

scottryan
03-19-20, 11:23
Local dealer has a custom Daniel Defense V7. Apparently DD gives them to dealers that move a certain number of guns a year or something.

It’s a V7 with a 16” gov barrel but it has a Geissele 3gun trigger and a brake on it. Same price as a regular V7. Thinking with that trigger it’s hard to pass up for the price. What do y’all think?

I’d probably put an Accupoint 1-4 on it.

I do not consider factory installed "upgraded" brakes/flash hiders to be upgrades.

They are a nuisance that I must remove to install my muzzle device of choice.

DEPUTY346
03-29-20, 21:38
I managed to grab a DDM4V5 from gunbroker for a little over $1100.00 dollars. Brand new. It’s the gov’t profile barrel as I already have a similar one with a lightweight barrel.