PDA

View Full Version : Some questions help from California folks

Honu
03-18-20, 04:02
Have a buddy who is about 30 min south of Long Beach he says think Disneyland area
Does anyone know that area and a legit store and also some good basic instructors in that area for he and his wife maybe ?

He is asking about a handgun or shotgun so might also need some info I gave him my thoughts of handgun over shotgun for home defense but also said I do not know California laws about handguns in the home and a small gun safe for quick access can you have the mag in etc...

I do not like shotguns for home defense kinda guy so very bias against :)

Would love to pass an email via PM for him

A few of his friends own shotguns and handguns so he is looking into this for options of both

Thanks

SkiDevil
03-18-20, 04:30
Riflegear in Fountain Valley, just off 405 FWY less than 30 minutes from Long Beach. Training, ITTS run by Scotty Reitz.

Gun shops in SoCal are a mess right now because many realized the need for a firearm or ammunition at the least minute.

He can expect to be in the store for 2-3 hours or longer.

jsbhike
03-18-20, 09:24
Not really a shotgun fan either and not PRK.

Considering the direction the current situation seems to be going and using past experience similarities to now, it is generally easier to get some sort of 12 gauge load (and/or 20 gauge) versus handgun or rifle.

If they go the shotgun route, unless there is a physical strength limitation where a 20 gauge lighter weight/smaller size would be advantageous they need to be aware that felt recoil is likely going to get in to 12 gauge levels anyway.