PDA

View Full Version : First Aimpoint failure

rushca01
03-20-20, 21:24
I own multiple Aimpoints and have been very happy with them, still am. I did have my first failure though, an aimpoint R1 model. Not sure if anyone remembers them but years ago Midway ran a closeout on these for like $299, the catch is they were “silver”, nothing a can of spray paint couldn’t fix. Well, it only works on setting 12 which is almost completely unusable in any condition due to the bloom. I mean, at this point it’s 10 years old, not bad I suppose.

L-2
03-20-20, 21:40
https://www.aimpoint.com/support/warranty-service/
Aimpoint says the warranty for a personal-use product is at 10 years. Just an FYI.

Delta_Elite
03-20-20, 22:49
I bought one of these back then and wish I bought five more at the price. I bet they will make good on it.

Rockhill12
03-21-20, 06:42
Aimpoint customer service usually very good. I'll bet they take care of you

ndmiller
03-21-20, 14:49
Aimpoint customer service usually very good. I'll bet they take care of you

+1 let us know what they say and do.

Desert K9
03-22-20, 00:28
+1 let us know what they say and do.

+2 I own an R1 also and the #8 no longer works. Other than that it’s function has been Aimpoint reliable. I wouldn’t expect them to still honor the warranty just hoping the repair/service isn’t cost prohibitive.

mebiuspower
03-23-20, 08:57
The switch is a weak point on older models, hence why the switch knob are made to be more reliable/durable on the CompM5 models.

RKB Armory
03-23-20, 09:04
I always wondered if the color was the only difference between the R1 and the H1 models.

Desert K9
03-23-20, 16:06
I always wondered if the color was the only difference between the R1 and the H1 models.

As far as I can remember the only other difference is the R1 doesn’t have the NV settings.

MountainRaven
03-23-20, 23:40
As far as I can remember the only other difference is the R1 doesn’t have the NV settings.

H1 models didn't/don't, either.

Desert K9
03-24-20, 01:31
H1 models didn't/don't, either.

They say your memory is one of the first to go. Thanks for the reminder Raven!

rushca01
03-29-20, 20:18
Curious what aimpoint will do

They sent me to link to send it in, anything under $100 they will fix and anything over I have to authorize. Honestly, at this point I’m not going to send it in. Just going to buy a new optic.

The Extractor
03-29-20, 22:45
I have an R1 that I bought used and it failed and they fixed it. I told them that it was second hand.
Ill buy your R1, I need one for a project.

rushca01
05-22-20, 13:47
Received my Aimpoint back today, all is good. They fixed the issue, no charge and fixed the two stripped screws in the sight at no charge.

Thumbs up to aimpoint.

mrbieler
05-22-20, 14:20
That's awesome. When I called last year about stripped screws in my H1, I was told they were no longer supporting the model and said I was fine with 3 screws.

Five_Point_Five_Six
05-22-20, 14:59
That's awesome. When I called last year about stripped screws in my H1, I was told they were no longer supporting the model and said I was fine with 3 screws.

Aimpoint is still servicing H1 and other discontinued models if they're still under the 2 year warranty for LE or 10 year warranty for personal use. I inquired about that before I bought a brand new H1 a couple weeks ago.

mrbieler
05-22-20, 23:40
Aimpoint is still servicing H1 and other discontinued models if they're still under the 2 year warranty for LE or 10 year warranty for personal use. I inquired about that before I bought a brand new H1 a couple weeks ago.

Bummer. Not the way I was treated. Just checked my emails. May 25 2019, I was told they were not able to do anything about stripped screw holes in the Series 1 Micro's and they recommend I go to Robar for repair.

rushca01
05-23-20, 09:24
Bummer. Not the way I was treated. Just checked my emails. May 25 2019, I was told they were not able to do anything about stripped screw holes in the Series 1 Micro's and they recommend I go to Robar for repair.

Actually, mine were not technically stripped....it was possibly worse. I stripped the allen head out and had to drill them to get the Larue mount off. So they actually extracted the screws that were stuck in the aimpoint.

Eurodriver
05-25-20, 06:06

Same here. Same for jpmuscle

There is a big risk buying used H/T1s. If the former owner stripped it youre SOL.

mebiuspower
05-25-20, 09:34
Same here. Same for jpmuscle

There is a big risk buying used H/T1s. If the former owner stripped it youre SOL.

All H1/T1/H2/T2 have the same issues. It's fixed on CompM5 and CompM5s.