PDA

View Full Version : New NF issues..

rushca01
03-23-20, 21:26
Not my week apparently. Drag an old AR out of the safe and check the aimpoint to find it doesn’t work..now this.

Ordered a new Nightforce NX1-8 combo package with Scalarworks mount and the zero stop is FROZEN, won’t budge...:mad: Hopefully the dealer will exchange it for another one considering this was brand new.

SomeOtherGuy
03-23-20, 21:49
Not my week apparently. Drag an old AR out of the safe and check the aimpoint to find it doesn’t work..now this.

Ordered a new Nightforce NX1-8 combo package with Scalarworks mount and the zero stop is FROZEN, won’t budge...:mad: Hopefully the dealer will exchange it for another one considering this was brand new.

I would call NF first. I have found their CS extremely helpful, and their quality control seems to be the best of all brands I've tried (many, many), so there's a chance it isn't frozen but requires a different technique. If it really is defective then yes I'd hope the dealer would swap it out free, although NF might also fix it free with the same speed.

GH41
03-24-20, 07:30
Did you follow the instructions on page 6 of this?> https://www.nightforceoptics.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Manuals/0120_NX8_OwnersManual.pdf

rushca01
03-24-20, 11:41
Did you follow the instructions on page 6 of this?> https://www.nightforceoptics.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Manuals/0120_NX8_OwnersManual.pdf

Of course....it won’t budge.

I’m not the first one to experience this.... https://forum.snipershide.com/threads/nightforce-nxs-zerostop-problems.6913216/

SeriousStudent
03-24-20, 20:18
Do me a solid, and shoot me or another Mod/Staff a PM after you contact NightForce per forum rules. I'm very interested in this, I'm looking at a 1-8 NF meself.

Thanks.

SeriousStudent
03-28-20, 19:05
Re-opening the thread. OP contacted their vendor, and got a new combo - woot! :)

When rushca01 has a few minute, he can fill us in on what happened. Thanks very much.

rushca01
03-28-20, 19:22
Thanks SeriousStudent!

I bought the mount combo package from Scalarworks. I had a few days earlier purchased an Aimpoint T2/mount combo from them and was pleased with the service so I went back to them for this.

I explained the issue to them and they sent me a prepaid label to ship it back. They verified the issues and sent me a new mount/scope package. It arrived today and the zero stop works. All in all I was pleased with how Scalarworks handled everything especially considering what is going on in the world today.

SeriousStudent
03-28-20, 19:31
No worries, thanks for your help.

How do you like their T2 mount? I have a neighbor who is going to be buying a patrol rifle optic. Due to how the car racks are, an LPVO unfortunately won't work.

I have temp loaned him an old Larue mount I have. Just curious how you like the one you have.

Thanks.

rushca01
03-28-20, 19:43
No worries, thanks for your help.

How do you like their T2 mount? I have a neighbor who is going to be buying a patrol rifle optic. Due to how the car racks are, an LPVO unfortunately won't work.

I have temp loaned him an old Larue mount I have. Just curious how you like the one you have.

Thanks.

I’m a little old school so I have only ever used LaRue mounts... I think overall, the machining fit/finish is nicer on the Leap mount, the LaRue mount certainly mounts/dismount “quicker” if that’s important. I like the sleek design of the Scalarworks, I’m not going to replace my LaRue mounts because $$$$ but any future mounts I buy will likely be the Leap mounts.

I’m also looking an Eotech...Pat Rogers would roll over in his grave..(RIP) if I get one.

T2C
03-28-20, 21:57
When I first start adjusting the zero stop on my Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 scope, the zero stop was really stiff. After adjusting the elevation several times and making two more adjustments to the zero stop, the knob was easier to turn when setting my preferred zero.

Life's a Hillary
03-29-20, 13:33
Thanks SeriousStudent!

I bought the mount combo package from Scalarworks. I had a few days earlier purchased an Aimpoint T2/mount combo from them and was pleased with the service so I went back to them for this.

I explained the issue to them and they sent me a prepaid label to ship it back. They verified the issues and sent me a new mount/scope package. It arrived today and the zero stop works. All in all I was pleased with how Scalarworks handled everything especially considering what is going on in the world today.

Thanks for the update, good to hear they took care of you. Sounds like Scalarworks knows what they are doing.

rushca01
03-29-20, 13:38
Thanks for the update, good to hear they took care of you. Sounds like Scalarworks knows what they are doing.

I’ll certainly purchase from them again. Already considering another optic...

With that said, I shared a link with Scalarworks from sniperhide where someone else had a frozen zero stop, as such they are now testing the function of every NF now as result of my issue. Kudos to them. I KNOW the checked my replacement because it was set when I got it, the previous one was night.

WS6
04-01-20, 06:19
Scalarworks are absolute perfectionists, and they listen to their customers.

*I am unaffiliated in any way.

ssc
04-02-20, 11:50
Scalarworks customer service is outstanding.

Cheers, Steve

Pappabear
04-20-20, 15:11
If Scalarworks didn't make good, NF would have made good. Good reason number 19 trillion to buy reputable products from reputable dealers.

PB

Pikey
04-20-20, 16:13
Rushca01 what is your overall impression of the NX8? I have a 6.5 Grendel built that I have an Acog Ecos slated for it, but I'm considering buying a NX8 to use in place of it.

rushca01
04-20-20, 16:48
Rushca01 what is your overall impression of the NX8? I have a 6.5 Grendel built that I have an Acog Ecos slated for it, but I'm considering buying a NX8 to use in place of it.

I’m the last person that you should rely on for a review. I am pleased with it.

Check some of the you tube reviews like sage dynamics. Frank Proctor is a fan or has been at least running one for awhile (can’t advise if it’s personally owned or “paid”).

crosseyedshooter
04-20-20, 17:47

I currently own an NX8 and previously Vortex Razor Gen II-E. I would only go for the NX8 if FFP, smaller footprint and 4-ounce weight savings are important to you. Otherwise, there are better performing LPVOs in FFP like 1-10x Razor Gen III or SFP 1-6x Razor Gen II-E and Kahles.

Pikey
04-20-20, 18:36
I’m the last person that you should rely on for a review. I am pleased with it.

Check some of the you tube reviews like sage dynamics. Frank Proctor is a fan or has been at least running one for awhile (can’t advise if it’s personally owned or “paid”).

Thanks I'll check out the YouTube videos.

Pikey
04-20-20, 18:46
I currently own an NX8 and previously Vortex Razor Gen II-E. I would only go for the NX8 if FFP, smaller footprint and 4-ounce weight savings are important to you. Otherwise, there are better performing LPVOs in FFP like 1-10x Razor Gen III or SFP 1-6x Razor Gen II-E and Kahles.

The lightweight and small size is what interest me the most. The biggest question that I have about the NX8 is how usable the reticle is at 1x without battery power ?

crosseyedshooter
04-21-20, 01:17
The lightweight and small size is what interest me the most. The biggest question that I have about the NX8 is how usable the reticle is at 1x without battery power ?

At 1x, the reticle is a prominent "T" and is usable as long as the target or background is lighter than the etched reticle. The center dot is just visible without illumination but certainly slower to pick up.

Pikey
04-21-20, 06:47
Thanks that helps.