PDA

View Full Version : German Army seeks new DMR

Slater
03-24-20, 05:40
Looks like "Sniper Gray" is the new color of the month for the Germans (and Swedes).

"The Bundeswehr is looking for a total of 145 rifles. Just like the Swedish Army, which is looking for a new Multi-Caliber Sniper Weapon System, the German Army has specified a ‘Sniper Gray‘ color. OD Green and FDE seems to be out of fashion, and the 7,62 mm is back."

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/03/20/german-army-is-looking-for-a-short-range-sniper-rifle-in-762-nato-g26/

Grand58742
03-24-20, 07:02
Only 145 rifles. Doesn't seem like a lot.

Alpha-17
03-24-20, 08:01
The SCAR H would seem to be a shoe-in, but we'll see. I wonder if they'll change the requirements to allow HK to win (again).

The requirement of "sniper gray" is an odd one. Doesn't seem to be a huge improvement over black weapons, and a step back from FDE/Coyote Tan color schemes.

mack7.62
03-24-20, 08:03
I know it will never happen but it sure would be sweet if KAC won this.;)

Slater
03-24-20, 08:27
Supposedly, US suppliers are eligible to bid on this.

Alpine2k3
03-24-20, 10:43
I know it will never happen but it sure would be sweet if KAC won this.;)

That would be odd to see. The US Army has a HK, then the German Army having a KAC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mack7.62
03-24-20, 11:12
That would be odd to see. The US Army has a HK, then the German Army having a KAC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly my point, I have about decided Army procurement has become total contrarian, makes sense to get this, nah we're going with brand X.

sinister
03-25-20, 10:02
Requests for bid certainly says open -- but German law says its got to be German.

Grey is neutral for Germany between forests and snow or desert. You can always darken with dirt, mud, or Krylon -- difficult to lighten from black or woodland.

sundance435
03-25-20, 15:23
Supposedly, US suppliers are eligible to bid on this.

Might say it on paper, but they're very protectionist. I'm not aware of single small arm they use in any quantity being non-German. Same goes for most of their military equipment. The Germans are the biggest hypocrites on the world stage today.