PDA

View Full Version : Gunblast review of the new FNAR in 7.62

maximus83
11-22-08, 13:50
Jeff Quinn has a new review of the FNAR light rifles, chambered in 7.62. Don't know why, but this is the one rifle in 7.62 with a gas piston system that has currently held my interest. The claim is 1/2 MOA, and I've read that they use standard AR10 mags. The also have some really interesting configuration options on the buttstock, and the cheek-piece, to make the rifle fit the shooter.

One interesting discrepancy I noted: Jeff claims his unloaded rifle weighs in at UNDER eight pounds, whereas the FN site says the light rifles are 9 pounds, and the heavy barreled versions are at 10 pounds.

I don't think these are realistically ever a SERVICE rifle, but seem like they could be a really interesting semiauto option for civilians and possibly for LE use. Not buying one yet, but with this interesting package of features, and all available at around $1300, I'm definitely going to keep an eye on these and see if they develop a following.

http://www.gunblast.com/FN-AR.htm

carbinero
08-01-09, 19:03
A friend of mine bought one and likes it, as do all the reviews I've read. It's sounds more accurate than I am, and other than the mag availability issue, this sounds like a nice piece. And I've seen them retail for $1300! I guess a main question is, is it durable enough to be a contender for the AR-10 vs. FAL type debates?

Littlelebowski
08-01-09, 22:37
Gunblast has never reviewed a gun they didn't like. I see them as no different than any other printed gun rag.

Though the braids alongside the beard are totally cool.

Mr.Goodtimes
08-02-09, 11:53
this thing looks like a tacticooled browning BAR.

KBAR-04
08-02-09, 17:26
Yes, Ive had and sold two of them. It is a Belgian made BAR based sniper rifle. They are guaranteed by FN to shoot within 1 MOA. They do NOT use AR10 magazines but rather a relatively expensive FN proprietary product. They are nice weapons but are intended to be sniper rifles not battle rifles.