PDA

View Full Version : Strange twist of fate

Rob96
11-22-08, 14:14
This morning at Home Depot I ran into a friend. We briefly talked about the projects we were doing and the talk then turned to guns of course. I happened to mention that two handguns I regret getting rid of were the 4" GP-100 and the Springfield Mil-Spec I had customized at the SA Custom Shop, to include a trigger job by Dave Williams. I said I could really kick myself in the ass for that.

I finished my work at home and headed to my favorite gun shop. There in the case right up front on the top shelf was Springfield. I asked to see it. I flipped it over to see the serial#. Sure as shit, it was it. As the guy wnet to ell me about it I cut him and explained in detail what was done; 10-8 rear sight ad trigger, properly fittedd beavertail, SA Swenson style thumb safety, NM bushing and the oh so sweet trigger work. He asked how I knew. I told it was mine and I had traded it foolishly. He couldn't believe I would do something like that. Another salesman overheard me give the details but didn't hear I was the one who had it done. He then looked at me asked me if I was buying it, and I said "Hell Yeah!" He was a little bummed becasue he was going to lay it away when the shop closed. It feels good to have it back home. There are pics of it in the 1911 thread.

Beat Trash
11-22-08, 14:42
You should have walked right out of that gun shop and bought a lottery ticket. The odds of finding your pistol, and for sale... Your lucky day!