PDA

View Full Version : How fancy and up to date is your every day basic carry?

ramairthree
03-31-20, 18:18
I am going to ‘fess up,
Not very...

https://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/ramairfour/80970926-7D5D-4BAC-96AA-36EC367F8106_zpsaaoebwtj.jpeg (https://s649.photobucket.com/user/ramairfour/media/80970926-7D5D-4BAC-96AA-36EC367F8106_zpsaaoebwtj.jpeg.html)

SteyrAUG
03-31-20, 18:54
A few years ago I updated my SIG P226 to a SIG P226 rail model but so far haven't found the need to actually mount a light on it yet.

flenna
03-31-20, 18:59
Not fancy at all. Same G30 I have been carrying for 20+ years.

AKDoug
03-31-20, 19:43
Just a Gen4 G19 and a 5 year old BenchMade Griptillian folder..

yoni
03-31-20, 19:48
I can go fancy as can be a full house custom Hi Power or a hard chrome HKP7.

Normal is a CZ P07/09, if I feel the need to be armed.

Just going to the grocery store, I will confess a Glock 26 with Heinie sights and a +2 on the mag

AndyLate
03-31-20, 19:58
Glock 19, 2nd Gen in a Sidearmor kydex IWB or Safariland 6378 ALS open carry. Knives range from Spyderco Native 5 to a mini trapper slip joint, depending on a lot of factors. The mini trapper has wood scales, that's pretty fancy, right?

Andy

rushca01
03-31-20, 20:14
Glock 19
Emerson folder
Rolex SeaDweller or GMT (depending on mood)
Wedding Ring
Wallet
IPhone10

That’s it! I don’t carry a white light, no spare mad, no IFAK..

I just bought an STI Staccato that might become a new carry piece though...really digging this gun so I guess that would make it pretty modern. I don’t have a red dot yet on any handguns.

SteyrAUG
03-31-20, 20:33
I can go fancy as can be a full house custom Hi Power or a hard chrome HKP7.

Normal is a CZ P07/09, if I feel the need to be armed.

Just going to the grocery store, I will confess a Glock 26 with Heinie sights and a +2 on the mag

HA. My dress carry when I was staying at Boca Beach Club.

https://i.imgur.com/66w8xye.jpg

HeruMew
03-31-20, 20:38
You all have a good amount of style. That P7 is BOOTIFUL.

In all seriousness, and I know I have circulated the picture enough around, but with the Urban Gray P07 w/ APL, Surefire Light with their "light holster", spare mag pouch from N82, Ken Onion Home Front, and Diesel DZ-4470 (Soon to be replaced by an ISOBRITE if my wife won't kill me for it) I think pretty much everything I carry has come out in the last 15-20 years.

Does that even count as "Modern" nowadays though? Lol.

https://i.ibb.co/4ZvD7w4/IMG-20180214-200850.jpg

03-31-20, 21:02
I mostly carry one of two beat up G19.4’s with Inforce lights. One is cut off to take G26 mags. Sometimes I carry a G43 with TLR. Timex Expedition for a watch, and black bracelet on the right, that never gets removed. CRKT folder. Keys on gutted 550, with coin. Handheld light is a Modlight OKW with Arisaka inline mount, thanks to EE. Was an Elzetta Charlie before that. Will go back to that when I put the Modlight on a gun.

Tried a thinner Streamlight handheld a year or two ago, because a buddy turned me onto it. Lost it in less than a month. Left it in a pool vehicle.

Tried a Surefire Stiletto. Did not work out. Now lives in my POV.

Edit: Ramair, dig the Beretta. Would probably still carry one, but an employer insists on Glocks, and going back and forth does not work for me.

BoringGuy45
03-31-20, 22:02
I carry a Gen5 G19 w/ a Surefire TLR-1.

Coal Dragger
03-31-20, 22:14
My brother bet me that I couldn’t or wouldn’t carry a pistol with a light on it. So I upped the ante, and have been carrying a VP9 long slide with a Surefire X300U, and an Aimpoint ACRO P-1. It will conceal much better than one would think in appendix carry, and is no more uncomfortable than any other appendix rig I’ve tried.

Holster is a PHLster Floodlight.

Pocket knife: Benchmade Super Freak.

Watch: Seiko GMT kenetic diver.

The Dumb Gun Collector
03-31-20, 22:17
A beat up Smith 442 Pro with crimson trace, a beat up Kershaw Skyline and my beat up Omega Seamaster

Arik
03-31-20, 22:48
Carried an old ass G19.3 every day for about a decade that was a cop gun in it's previous life. Now switched to a G19.5 because ambidextrous!

Don't wear a watch and forgot the name of the knife. Kershaw? Maybe?!

Don Robison
03-31-20, 22:56
Carry guns are either Gen5 G19 MOS with Holosun 508T and TLR7 or Wilson CQB with TLR1. Watch is an an old ass Marathon knives are a No7 Opinel and Buck 112 drop point.

CoryCop25
03-31-20, 22:57
I usually carry a Glock 43X and a spare mag but these days I'm carrying a Gen 5 19 with a spare mag.

Is it bad that I'm a gun "stasher"? Truck gun, Truck Carbine, gym bag gun, couch gun......

Coal Dragger
03-31-20, 23:34
Nah gun stashing is a good thing, never know when you might need one. Particularly a truck gun if you live in the sticks, have a tag and see a critter that needs to be shot. Provided you can get a legal distance off the road etc etc.

eightmillimeter
03-31-20, 23:35
These are always fun, maybe someday I will do a picture.

These were my carry guns in the order it evolved:
1. Glock 32 because 357 Sig was the shit
2. M&P 40 f/s because ammo was free
3. SA XD-45 tactical because I had a great holster
4. Glock 19 Gen 4
5. Kahr PM9 ( had this one long time)
6. Glock 43
7. Glock 19 Vickers #1
8. CZ P07

Current:
1. CZ-75 D-PCR (best handgun ever and my minds made up... for now) for EDC
2. M&P 40 is open carried around the homestead because when coons get into my chickens the 40 just ends it better
3. Wife’s XDS45 when I need “small”, this one I think was always under rated

The one I should have never sold to a bud was the 1st variant Vickers, the one with the OD RTF frame and the Wilson night aight.... fantastic piece.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-31-20, 23:56
HA. My dress carry when I was staying at Boca Beach Club.

https://i.imgur.com/66w8xye.jpg

What holster are you using?

26 Inf
04-01-20, 01:02
EDC as in have it most always Ruger LCP, Spdyerco Mariner, no light, no mag, Timex Ironman, borrow pens, flashlights in the car/truck.

And yet I survive.

SteyrAUG
04-01-20, 01:41
What holster are you using?

I'm thinking it was a Blade Tech paddle.

yoni
04-01-20, 04:48
When I carry the HK P7, I carry a brace of them.

Vandal
04-01-20, 05:20
Glock 19.5 with RMR and TLR7, ZT 0770CF knife, Surefire Defender, Pilot G2, Apple Watch

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-01-20, 06:10
When I carry the HK P7, I carry a brace of them.

I'm getting a weird sense of De-ja-jew.... someone was talking about a brace of P7s...

....and it was me.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?213226-HK-PSP-P7-Sickness!!&p=2706437#post2706437

kerplode
04-01-20, 12:39
Old beat-up Leatherman Juice S2, Fisher space pen with no finish, and a Fenix PD22UE.

REDinFL
04-01-20, 14:38
SIG RCS 1911 , IWB.
If I have to pocket carry because of clothing, AMT Backup 45. Yeah, kinda heavy for a pocket, but I haven’t found anything lighter I like. Likely would have to go to a lesser caliber.
For backup, a size 13w

daddyusmaximus
04-01-20, 17:25
Up to date? Well, I like to think so... Works for me anyhow. I use a modern firearm with a weapon mounted light. (Glock 45 with TLR7, and tritium sights) I also carry a hand held light, (Surefire LED Defender Ultra) and a good quality folder. (ZT 0566) However, I also believe in having a fixed blade, (Kershaw Echo) and a multitool (Leatherman Wave) on me. I love the old long-discontinued Kershaw Echo, but it's crappy sheath just had to go. I had the horizontal sheath made. It rides just to the right of my belt buckle, and can be out in a flash with a quick tug.

https://i.imgur.com/zNN6mL6.jpg

Circle_10
04-01-20, 18:01
Nothing fancy for me. Currently a VP9SK with the factory night sights and a 10 round mag with the extended floor plate for a P2000SK mag (fits with only some very minor sanding required) - it gives a spot for my pinky to rest but doesn’t add the extra length that the actual VP9SK pinky rest floorplates do. Those are the same length as the extended 13rnd mags without the extra capacity. I did carry the 13 rounders for a while but they pinch the F out of my pinky finger when shooting so I went back to the 10 round mag. For a reload I carry a 15round full sized VP9 magazine in a SnagMag pocket mag carrier.
Carry load of choice is currently Federal HST 147gr, standard pressure.

In hot weather I frequently will drop down to carrying just a Smith and Wesson 638 in a pocket holster, with two or three Bianchi Speed Strips in the other pocket - not because I have any illusions about being able to speed reload a J-frame in a gunfight, but in the event I shoot the gun dry for some reason, I’m not left with an empty gun while I’m waiting for help to arrive. Carry load for the 638 is Hornady 110gr Critical Defense, although I’ve actually been hearing interesting things about the old wadcutters for a carry load for snubs.

Non-gun stuff consists of a Streamlight Microstream, a leatherman multi tool, a cheap Milwaukee folding knife and the other regular items like phone, wallet, keys etc...

Now my primary carry may change as I recently got both a G48 and a G45, although I’m technically still vetting those guns. The 48 in particular is receiving a bit of extra scrutiny due to some issues about 400 rounds ago, but aside from those hiccups, I’m pretty impressed with both Glocks.

vandal5
04-01-20, 18:25
Up to date? Well, I like to think so... Works for me anyhow. I use a modern firearm with a weapon mounted light. (Glock 45 with TLR7, and tritium sights) I also carry a hand held light, (Surefire LED Defender Ultra) and a good quality folder. (ZT 0566) However, I also believe in having a fixed blade, (Kershaw Echo) and a multitool (Leatherman Wave) on me. I love the old long-discontinued Kershaw Echo, but it's crappy sheath just had to go. I had the horizontal sheath made. It rides just to the right of my belt buckle, and can be out in a flash with a quick tug.

Did your Wave come that color? Never seen that, not that I'm an SME on Leatherman...

gaijin
04-01-20, 18:41
Another- “not very” here.

https://i.imgur.com/i0Syzj7.jpg

titsonritz
04-01-20, 18:57
Glock 19 Gen 3 circa 2008, so not very new, not very old.

rushca01
04-01-20, 19:39
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200402/4a31b6e5066a8c7789c1002f02e3cb2b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

daddyusmaximus
04-01-20, 21:17
Did your Wave come that color? Never seen that, not that I'm an SME on Leatherman...

Yeah, had it for like 6, 8 years or so... probably more...

SteyrAUG
04-01-20, 21:27

Man, I remember when I used to carry a Batman utility belt. Fixed and a folder, I'm impressed with your dedication to being prepared. These days if I drop a surefire light in my pocket, there is a real risk it might still be there when I put my pants in the washing machine.

MegademiC
04-01-20, 21:41
Depends on what Im wearing
Either shield, or g19 with tlr1

Only other items I carry are big skinny wallet, 2 iphone 7’s, pocket knife(crkt m21-14g).
Couple treats and poop bags if I have the dirt-wolf with me.

vandal5
04-01-20, 22:24
. These days if I drop a surefire light in my pocket, there is a real risk it might still be there when I put my pants in the washing machine.

Funny you should menion that... Heard a clanking in the dryer just a few days ago... Ran my 47 ML through the wash and most of the dry cycle...

Thpught I killed it but swapped rhe battery and it still works!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
04-01-20, 23:02
Funny you should menion that... Heard a clanking in the dryer just a few days ago... Ran my 47 ML through the wash and most of the dry cycle...

Thpught I killed it but swapped rhe battery and it still works!

It really is what sold me on SF lights. They never made it into the dryer, but they have been washed more than a couple of times. These days I have to do a "self frisk" when I come home and carry gun, keys, wallet and other accessories all have to go in the same place or else I can't find them again if I decide to go outside again.

About 10 years ago a spare magazine in a pocket made it's way into the laundry basket, thankfully I was doing the laundry that day and noticed it before I put it into the machine. I'd have never heard the end of that one and it was the day I accepted I have to ritually account for everything on my person every day I go in or out of the door. It was also about the time I accepted that I don't need a SIG with four spare magazines, a Gerber Mark II, a Protech Godfather, A SureFire 6p, a Charter Arms detective BUG, an ASP and a pair of Monadnock nunchaku on my person at all times...just in case.

One day I was pulled over for a tail light out and when the cop asked me if I was carrying (I usually hand over my CWP with my DL) I said "yes" and when he asked what and where it was I gave him the fully laundry list and he pretty much ran my license and told me to "have a nice day."

Ron3
04-01-20, 23:02
Beretta M81FS 7.65 mm, Beretta M950BS 6.35 mm, and a Ruger LCR .357 have been my three for about four years now. (not at the same time of course)

Always have extra ammo for whatever I carry. Unless I'm carrying two in which case I carry extra for one of them.

Phasing out the LCR .357 (not replacing .38 / .357 ammo) for either an LCR .327 (Like the wife has) or some double-action auto. Getting my Tomcat back from a relative so If I can get it running well that would work.

Always looking out for a 9x19 that could replace the Beretta 81 but, the size, weight, form and function of the Cheetah just works for me.

Gombey
04-02-20, 00:41
Glock 19 gen 5 with TLR-7 in a philster spotlight
Some flavour of benchmade auto folder
Olight I3T and Olight keychain light
Spare mag

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200403/92e12fcb065391d4a7a4ff11d02b79cc.jpg

I only carry one knife. Usually carry the Adamas when I’m going to drill.

fred
04-02-20, 02:23
Left it in a pool vehicle.

That sucks, been there!

fred
04-02-20, 02:35
USP-C or a Glock 23 circa 1992, in a Milt Sparks VM2. Maybe a spare mag but mostly not. Maybe a Griptilian but maybe not...

I have left knives, live rounds, those little green notebooks and all manner of things in the wash and sometimes I get to it before she does but usually not and I pay for it.

One modern thing (besides the iPhone) is a Kore Essentials belt, which looks cool but has kevlar in it, I think. So far it holds up better than any of the Galco belts I've had over the years!

odugrad
04-02-20, 15:08
Walther PPQ, spare mag, handheld flashlight, (Surefire G2X), and a cheap-o S&W folding knife.

That's it.

Aries144
04-02-20, 16:15
The best belt I've ever used is called the "Liger." It's thin enough that it doesn't feel or look like you're wearing a wooden hula hoop around your waist and supportive enough that it doesn't sag like a dress belt. The belt buck is also very low profile and doesn't print through a T-shirt.

sandsunsurf
04-02-20, 18:57
I think I’m on the modern side:
G43 in KD Kydex holster
5.11 EDC 2AAA light
ZT SKD 360 folder
Z-clip carbon fiber minimalist wallet
Tile Bluetooth tracker on my keys and a jiggler key for car doors
Bogota titanium pick set from serepick (slides in the middle of my wallet)
AirPods
Apple Watch
Leatherman Wave in the daytime, otherwise it takes up too much room in my pocket.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200402/51b3fa97dca9a36ae56ced6f4ef24eb9.jpg

26 Inf
04-02-20, 19:20
Got to admit, my first thought guys a burlar who puts way to much faith in his VPN hider.'

sandsunsurf
04-02-20, 19:49
Got to admit, my first thought guys a burlar who puts way to much faith in his VPN hider.'

Lol, I do use a VPN when I travel or am using free WiFi but not to hide my IP when I post here.. oh and def not a burglar, but I was always the go-to guy for non-destructive or surreptitious entry. It’s fun and old habits (hobbies?) die hard, and occasionally I still have helped a person locked out of their car or, more frequently, I pick padlocks when some tool locks us out of the daisy chain on a gate.

sundance435
04-03-20, 09:52
In hot weather I frequently will drop down to carrying just a Smith and Wesson 638 in a pocket holster, with two or three Bianchi Speed Strips in the other pocket - not because I have any illusions about being able to speed reload a J-frame in a gunfight, but in the event I shoot the gun dry for some reason, I’m not left with an empty gun while I’m waiting for help to arrive. Carry load for the 638 is Hornady 110gr Critical Defense, although I’ve actually been hearing interesting things about the old wadcutters for a carry load for snubs.

Non-gun stuff consists of a Streamlight Microstream, a leatherman multi tool, a cheap Milwaukee folding knife and the other regular items like phone, wallet, keys etc...

My "everywhere" gun is now a no-lock Smith 638 in a pocket holster and 1 speed strip with JFP. The gun is loaded with wadcutters because it's way more accurate than any other load I've tried and the recoil is almost non-existent. The speed strip is more for peace of mind, because, like you mentioned, I"m not going to be able to load it quickly or probably need it, but it's better than having an empty gun.

New carry is a Sig 365 with a 15 round spare.

yoni
04-03-20, 12:04
Threads like this amaze me, for two reasons.

First is how much stuff some people carry.

Second is how many people still carry J frames for protection.

Not being critical of those choices, just amazed.

Circle_10
04-03-20, 12:22
My "everywhere" gun is now a no-lock Smith 638 in a pocket holster and 1 speed strip with JFP. The gun is loaded with wadcutters because it's way more accurate than any other load I've tried and the recoil is almost non-existent. The speed strip is more for peace of mind, because, like you mentioned, I"m not going to be able to load it quickly or probably need it, but it's better than having an empty gun.

New carry is a Sig 365 with a 15 round spare.

Yeah at some point here I’m thinking I will try out the Federal Gold Medal 148gr wadcutters.
My 638 had the lock but even the slightest possibility that it might somehow engage itself led to corrective measures being taken. I had bought it used and it didn’t come with the key, which made the lock extra unacceptable.

Circle_10
04-03-20, 12:28
Threads like this amaze me, for two reasons.

First is how much stuff some people carry.

Second is how many people still carry J frames for protection.

Not being critical of those choices, just amazed.

It’s not my first choice for sure, but they have a certain niche that they fill well.

mark5pt56
04-03-20, 12:42
I normally carry a 43 with a spare mag, wallet and phone. Small folding knife, mainly for the purpose of chore work. If I'm doing a quick run to a store and no where else and already in gym shorts, I will simply tie the drawstring and just clip the 43 in the waist band. Anything quick while at the grocery store or hardware place, a soup can or hammer does wonders. Kayaking, j frame in a plastic bag in the vest pocket, can shoot it from the bag. I do need to test the 43 that way.

kwelz
04-03-20, 13:04
Nothing too fancy on mine. Sometimes I carry my P10-C with RMR instead.

https://i.imgur.com/cSXk59F.jpg?1

SteyrAUG
04-03-20, 23:22
Nothing too fancy on mine. Sometimes I carry my P10-C with RMR instead.

https://i.imgur.com/cSXk59F.jpg?1

So gotta ask, why the tan magazine?

kwelz
04-03-20, 23:42
So gotta ask, why the tan magazine?

Because the Black one I usually carry as a backup was in my car.

vandal5
04-14-20, 11:15
Nothing I would call fancy.
VP9 in a cheap kydex holster.
Sharpie
Leatherman Wave (been part of my edc for a few years)
47 ML (same one I mentioned going through the laundry a few post ago)
Kershaw/Emerson CQC (I think the cqc 7)

Been carrying most of this for years, knife is the newest but thats a few years old now. Newest thing is the pistol that ive had for a while, used to have to go to MA for work a lot and never wanted to deal with crossing state lines. Not that things have gotten to crazy since the geeat TP shortage of 2020, but I didn't want to wait till it did to start carrying. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200414/1057c55ad36be137a5c8235366a54eab.jpg

ramairthree
04-14-20, 15:48
I CAN be more updated if I want to.

I finally got a Glock newer than my Gen 2 19s and 17s and first year G26 when I snagged a Gen 5/19.
And having a new Seiko LIKE a 6309.

https://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/ramairfour/89010BD1-F94A-4BA4-8B33-B1475DCA11EB_zpsla418nm7.jpeg (https://s649.photobucket.com/user/ramairfour/media/89010BD1-F94A-4BA4-8B33-B1475DCA11EB_zpsla418nm7.jpeg.html)

vandal5
04-14-20, 18:06
I CAN be more updated if I want to.

I finally got a Glock newer than my Gen 2 19s and 17s and first year G26 when I snagged a Gen 5/19.
And having a new Seiko LIKE a 6309.

https://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/ramairfour/89010BD1-F94A-4BA4-8B33-B1475DCA11EB_zpsla418nm7.jpeg (https://s649.photobucket.com/user/ramairfour/media/89010BD1-F94A-4BA4-8B33-B1475DCA11EB_zpsla418nm7.jpeg.html)Are those holsters real carbon fiber? I know they make some carbon look kydex but those look pretty good.

hotrodder636
04-14-20, 19:49
Depending on what I am wearing, either my VP9SK, Sig P365 or Sheild.
Knife is either Benchmade 940-1 (Carbon Fiber), one of my Zero Tolerances or my Infidel.
Light is usually one of the small triple-A Olights.
Wallet, phone, car/house key.
Watch...depends, either my Glycine, Seiko or Breitling.

rero360
04-15-20, 11:43
Well I live in Los Angeles County and am not politically connected nor a LEO so I can't legally carry, so I just have a ridge wallet, keys, iPhone, Apple watch (wife just got it for me, my old fitbit doesn't work with the new phone) and a Benchmade auto.

vandal5
04-15-20, 12:01
Depending on what I am wearing, either my VP9SK, Sig P365 or Sheild.
Knife is either Benchmade 940-1 (Carbon Fiber), one of my Zero Tolerances or my Infidel.
Light is usually one of the small triple-A Olights.
Wallet, phone, car/house key.
Watch...depends, either my Glycine, Seiko or Breitling.How do you like your VP9SK?

After carrying the VP9 for a bit it seems a bit large. Could just be my clothes but feel like I need to wear something pretty bulky to hide it. Have to carry it right front center, even a little offset to the weak hand side. Forget about 3 or 4 o'clock.

WickedWillis
04-15-20, 13:45
Mine has been the same all this year. Haven't even carried my G19 once.

Glock 26 Gen 4
Trijicon orange HD's
Magpul G26 12 round mag (spare 17 round Glock mag in my truck)
Gcode incog IWB holster

Surefire stiletto gen 1
SOG trident beat up old pocketknife

Kabar TDI in an NSR OWB Sheath

9 hours a day at work, and whenever I step out of my home, every single day.

magister
04-15-20, 16:29
Mines very basic.

MP Shield 9mm
Spare mag
Kershaw folding knife
Wallet
Phone
Luminox wrist watch (gift from in laws, I’m not a luminox person myself)

Oh...and lace up shoes that I can move in.

Jonnyt16
04-15-20, 17:36
Still rocking the P232 but only until I find a nice holster for my VP9.

https://i.imgur.com/pEUAXvw.jpg?1

hotrodder636
04-15-20, 17:41
I like it a lot. I have it in a Tulster holster with Tulster mag carrier.
Accuracy-wise for a short, compact gun I continue to be amazed how well I shoot it—as well as my full sized VP9. Still has the great egos and great trigger of the FS VP9 just in a smaller package. The make 13 round mags for them now too which is nice for the spare. I use the non-extension mag for the gun in the holster to minimize the profile as much as I can.
How do you like your VP9SK?

After carrying the VP9 for a bit it seems a bit large. Could just be my clothes but feel like I need to wear something pretty bulky to hide it. Have to carry it right front center, even a little offset to the weak hand side. Forget about 3 or 4 o'clock.

vandal5
04-15-20, 19:09
Appreciate the reply.
Ill have to see if I can handle or rent one

bloodlord77
04-15-20, 20:42
G19 Gen 5 in a Bravo Concealment torsion IWB
Spare 15 rd mag in B.C. mag pouch
Leatherman Wingman
Citizen Eco Drive field watch
Wallet
Keys
Pen
Samsung s20

My get home bag stays with me daily as well. But, that's a whole other story.

Circle_10
04-16-20, 07:18
Well I can amend my post a couple pages back now, as I just recently put the VP9SK in the safe and started carrying a G45. I can’t recall if I mentioned this in my prior post or not but with the possibility of society maybe getting less polite in the coming months I have been considering going to a full size gun for a little while now, at least until the weather makes it unfeasible to do so.
So I swapped over to the G45 I got in a trade back in January.
The gun already had three-dot Ameriglo night sights when I got it but I took some black paint and a hobby knife blade and carefully blacked out the white ring around the tritium inserts in the rear sight, and left the front sight as is. I’m starting to seriously prefer the black rear/high visibility front sight combo on handguns.
So far my impressions of the G45 are extremely positive (obviously, since I’m carrying it now). Very shootable gun, I don’t consider myself a particularly great handgun shooter but this gun seems to have made me better at it. I’m carrying 147 HSTs in it, however I will say the gun seems like it likes lighter bullets a bit more on terms of accuracy but not enough so that I’m worried about using the 147s, just something I’ve noticed on the range. I have have 850 rounds through it so far, which isn’t a lot but I’ve become comfortable enough with the gun to start using it for EDC. Only function hiccup was one failure to feed when like a retard I obstructed the slide travel while doing a bad job of practicing firing from retention.

Watrdawg
04-16-20, 08:12
Typically its my G19 Gen4 with Surefire XC1B or a Sig P365XL no light along with a ZT 0566. Always carry an extra mag for either weapon. Really starting to like the Sig a lot.

chuckman
04-16-20, 08:17
I don't have an EDC set up because I work in a hospital, on a university. But when I DO carry, it's an old gen-3 G17 with a home-made grip reduction in an ancient blade-tech holster with a single mag.

teksid
04-17-20, 11:15
I updated all around. I guess I’m a bandwagon type of guy, butI really like them. I can’t even tell I’m carrying the Bugout.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200417/0b32c43bb8172699d3d72765c2fc6273.jpg

ramairthree
04-18-20, 11:57
Are those holsters real carbon fiber? I know they make some carbon look kydex but those look pretty good.

It’s just kydex that looks like it.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-19-20, 23:38
Picked up my pants the other day and it felt like they weighed 10 pounds, and I hadn’t taken a dump in them.

MP Shield
2 8 rnd mags
Bench made mini-infidel
Sure fire EDCL2-T
Car keys
iPhone 7

With cargo pants, it spaces out ok, but damn it’s heavy.
Chapstick
Car keys
Wallet

Dirk Williams
04-20-20, 10:48
That does it, I'm buying a P-7. That's just to cool!.

Dirk

Dirk Williams
04-20-20, 11:06
Good god, where you guys live, Mogadishu ?. If I carry anymore, it's usually just my old back up, a AMT.45 two mags. Emerson knife. Its a fist full of 230g, show stoppers, under 20f. Slipped into my front pocket. I'm looking at the newer, smaller Glocks in .45, I need to upgrade. I've carried this thing for 30 years, at least.

Circle_10
04-20-20, 14:14
Good god, where you guys live, Mogadishu ?. If I carry anymore, it's usually just my old back up, a AMT.45 two mags. Emerson knife. Its a fist full of 230g, show stoppers, under 20f. Slipped into my front pocket. I'm looking at the newer, smaller Glocks in .45, I need to upgrade. I've carried this thing for 30 years, at least.

I don’t live in Mogadishu.....but I do sometimes have to venture into Lewiston Maine, which is frequently referred to as “Little Mogadishu” haha.

Dirk Williams
04-20-20, 14:28
Copy, was having fun with you guys. I admire everybodies Kit, and as a young man did carry that much stuff, with a 5 inch 1911, and three mags. Just seems like so so much work now.

I,did go look at the P-7s, on gun broker 3500/4 k, their cool, not that cool. I routinely spend that kinda doe, on sniper builds, before glass. Just tough to justify. I've got a CT, .375 being built, by Northwest Rifle Actions, here in Klamath Falls. 4500, plus glass, 35/3800. Be another SB, PMII on top.

Thinking this will be my last build. Also I'm looking at all the smaller glock 45s. Got a gen 1, 21, and a gen 1, 30. Going to work my way down from them.

Good day.

DW

vandal5
04-20-20, 14:35
I don’t live in Mogadishu.....but I do sometimes have to venture into Lewiston Maine, which is frequently referred to as “Little Mogadishu” haha.Think the last time I was up that way was '99? Might be closed but there was a MX track up there but think it was technically in Greene?

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-20-20, 16:52
That does it, I'm buying a P-7. That's just to cool!.

Dirk

Copy, was having fun with you guys. I admire everybodies Kit, and as a young man did carry that much stuff, with a 5 inch 1911, and three mags. Just seems like so so much work now.

I,did go look at the P-7s, on gun broker 3500/4 k, their cool, not that cool. I routinely spend that kinda doe, on sniper builds, before glass. Just tough to justify. I've got a CT, .375 being built, by Northwest Rifle Actions, here in Klamath Falls. 4500, plus glass, 35/3800. Be another SB, PMII on top.

Thinking this will be my last build. Also I'm looking at all the smaller glock 45s. Got a gen 1, 21, and a gen 1, 30. Going to work my way down from them.

Good day.

DW

Come to the dark side.... we have heat-shields, and the ability to say "squeeze cock" and "Delayed blow back" in mixed company with a straight face...

I have no idea how you can consider yourself a low level international villain with out a P7, chromed preferably...

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?220835-HK-P7-M8-amp-amp-M-13

MegademiC
04-20-20, 17:44
Just updated my EDC today, per Governor’s Orders

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fmufqdnmto55zcm/Photo%20Apr%2020%2C%206%2036%2057%20PM.jpg?raw=1

Arik
04-20-20, 18:55
Just updated my EDC today, per Governor’s Orders

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fmufqdnmto55zcm/Photo%20Apr%2020%2C%206%2036%2057%20PM.jpg?raw=1Ha! I have a similar mask. Get a wide berth at supermarkets

HKGuns
04-20-20, 20:33
http://hkguns.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p3873938717-5.jpg

Circle_10
04-21-20, 17:46
http://hkguns.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p3873938717-5.jpg

I had the LEM version for a while but just couldn’t shoot acceptably with the trigger. I’ve heard that LEM will punish you for your failures as a pistol shooter, and it straight up rekt me, haha. I ended up trading mine for my G45 that I recently switched to carrying. Cool little gun and I was kind of sorry to get rid of it but it just sitting around in my safe, and if I’m going to have a P30 as just part of my “collection” for the hell of it, I’d rather it be a full-size.

SteyrAUG
04-21-20, 23:44
I had the LEM version for a while but just couldn’t shoot acceptably with the trigger. I’ve heard that LEM will punish you for your failures as a pistol shooter, and it straight up rekt me, haha. I ended up trading mine for my G45 that I recently switched to carrying. Cool little gun and I was kind of sorry to get rid of it but it just sitting around in my safe, and if I’m going to have a P30 as just part of my “collection” for the hell of it, I’d rather it be a full-size.

I can't do LEMs but for the opposite reason, I grew up with DA/SA so that is all I can really shoot, well that and P7s.

Arik
04-22-20, 07:24
Never ran a LEM in a class setting but I really like them. I'd love to give it a shot if I could find a left handed holster

Dirk Williams
04-22-20, 10:51
Lol, yes I know, sad!. Then to admit I'm still carrying a AMT, is pitiful. I have sourced a few HK- P8's in 45 acp, that are in the 1500/1800 range. Being a .45 freak, I've given this serious consideration. I'm not really into any specific caliber, if I were, I'd be shooting my 5.7 FN, just about the nastiest round I've shot thru a pistol. This round continues to impress me.

Many many years ago I had a Conan .357, bitchen pistol, just wasn't reliable enough to carry at work.

Dirk

Dirk Williams
04-22-20, 10:54
Quick question, you guys running the trigger condoms, are they working as they should, would you share your thoughts on effectiveness.

I ask as I laughed when they arrived, called em condoms. I'm beginning to see the utility, would like to here thoughts from certified users.

Thank you in advance.

Dirk

teksid
04-22-20, 12:47
Up to date, yes. Fancy, no. I really like both the 365 and the Bugout. The XL shoots like a dream and the Bugout is light as a feather.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200422/4d5f25af4a738cb8247d808ff394fef1.jpg

WillBrink
04-22-20, 17:57
Mine almost never changes. Once I find a combo I like, that's pretty much it. Only think I do change is if I can't CCW the VP9, I use a Shield in an IWB.

Dennis
04-23-20, 01:52
I think the TLR7 and latest brightest slim Klarus flashlight are pretty up to date. Anything newer and brighter is always quickly put into service.

I have many fancier, stronger knives but the Spyderco waves are a perfect combination of concealable, usable, and most importantly quick to deploy. One per side, of course!

My most useful item is the unexplainably discontinued Leatherman Squirt S4 I have to buy in bulk from eBay. I think I'm buying back ones the TSA took from me post 9/11.

Dennis.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200423/b6cb816fc9dd18b8b50c7e357f176eec.jpg

HKGuns
04-26-20, 21:33
I prefer DA/SA but can pretty much shoot anything well enough to defend myself in a pinch. LEM works just fine for me.

Well, after thinking about it, I lied. The S&W .460 is one pistol I’d throw instead of shoot.

I simply can not tolerate the obnoxious recoil of that pistol. But it really isn’t a self defense or carry pistol anyway. Unless you’re defending against a Rhino attack.

I don’t carry either of my P7’s any more but have a custom made FIST if I should change my mind.

http://hkguns.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p3873939509-5.jpg

http://hkguns.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p3888417627-5.jpg