PDA

View Full Version : Work on a Rock River Arms

seang
11-22-08, 16:06
I bought a RRA flat top with standard A2 front sight in 2003. I've shot it like 2 times, but woudl like to start shooting it more and get into some le training classes using it.

Who can I send the gun to just to have it looked over? I would like to have parts changed out or any work done on it that would make it more reliable if necessary. Any recomendations on who to send it to or what might need done? I haven't had problems with it, but I have only put maybe 100 rounds through it. We don't have a department armorer for our AR-15, or not one that stays up with who makes what or what parts are high quality. Anything on the RRA's to look out for? My plan would be to change parts if necessary to avoid common problems that might be avoided with parts changes.

On an added note there are several S&W M&P AR's around here on the shelves any particular model you would recommend. I was going to order a Noveske, but see they aren't taking orders. Most of the M&P's have the standard A2 front sight and handguards.

seang
11-22-08, 16:13
I found Rob's thread on suggestions for those in my situation and see he addresses most of my concerns. Who would you send your rifle to if any changes need to be made that I can't make.

uscbigdawg
11-22-08, 17:34
Nothing wrong with the RRA's usually. If you're seriously concerned, all I need is the upper and can do some of my reliability tricks to it.

PM if interested.

Rich