PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint CompML3 Question

TAZ
11-22-08, 19:39
I recently picked up a CompML3 NIB. I finally got around to mounting it today and noticed that even with a brand new battery I cant see a dot till I have the thing turned up to about 7 clicks. Even in a dark room I dont get anything till about 5 clicks. Did I inadvertantly get an M3 that was mislabeled ML3?? Any ideas would be appreciated before I start calling Aimpoint or the dealer I bought it from.

Thanks

John_Wayne777
11-22-08, 22:02
All Aimpoints are like that. In bright light you are going to find that usually only the last couple of settings will be bright enough to see. In the dark the first few settings are usually so dim that you can't see them with the naked eye. They show up great with a PVS-14 mounted behind them, though...

TAZ
11-23-08, 20:28
All Aimpoints are like that. In bright light you are going to find that usually only the last couple of settings will be bright enough to see. In the dark the first few settings are usually so dim that you can't see them with the naked eye. They show up great with a PVS-14 mounted behind them, though...

Thats a bit of a disappointment. Its still useable though, so I guess I shoudnt whine too much.

Anyone know what the story is on the set screws for the rheostat knob. Does it have a user adjustable rheostat??

USMGoldenEagle
11-23-08, 21:25
I didn't get an Aimpoint specifically because of that reason.

Daveo
11-23-08, 22:42
I didn't get an Aimpoint specifically because of that reason.

Really? I seem to remember Eotechs being the same way when I had one. It doesn't really bug me at all.

FJB
11-25-08, 05:54
TAZ,
The search engine is your friend. This subject has been addressed previously.

The CompML3 and CompC3 use the same switch as the CompM3 which has four night vision settings and six visible settings. Thus, you won't see the first visible setting until setting 4 or 5 based on freshness of battery and lighting conditions. You can actually see the dot from the ML3 and C3 with night vision, the difference between the sights is the 50 extra lens coatings on the M3 to help aid night vision devices by allowing greater reflection of the red dot at the lower settings (ML3 and C3 sights have to be at the higher settings) and to meet MilSpec 810F for down range signature at night of the sight.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=16924&highlight=compc3

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=21223&highlight=compc3

S/F