PDA

View Full Version : Double Star Corp.

Razoreye
06-18-06, 00:12
What are your thoughts on this company?

What are the prices you've seen and anyone sell them?

I want to go there and do a visit/tour or something and report back here, GT, and Arfcom. That's assuming they accept. Seems they don't really have a storefront and I haven't heard much at all of them (which doesn't mean much.) If they're good then maybe it is time their reputation is heard.

What say you?

BravoCompanyUSA
06-18-06, 08:03
It is a big outfit. A sister company to JTDistributing.
Very nice folks.

Razoreye
06-18-06, 23:26
Unfortunately, they don't allow any tours/walkthroughs, etc. because it is just manufacturing there. It would have been nice but that's okay. I'm still going to check in on their products - anyone have any opinions on pricing and quality?

WILDBILL
06-30-06, 08:49
How does Doublestar lowers compair to LMT,STAG ?I mean is looks and fit,fuction?

MaceWindu
06-30-06, 11:31
I mean is looks and fit,fuction?

Nice finish.....LPK fits nice and snug. I would say that they are GTG. I have built SEVERAL up...

Mace

Razoreye
06-30-06, 12:17
Nice finish.....LPK fits nice and snug. I would say that they are GTG. I have built SEVERAL up...

Mace
I bought one a week or so ago - finish looks great, good rollmark and lettering, very cheap (local for me!) I'll probably end up using these lowers again since I can get them cheap and nearby. The LPK has fit nicely into it. The only trouble I have is installing the roll pins without a punch. I got the bolt catch/release but I don't want to break the trigger guard. :S No problem of the lower, just means I'm probably going to have to get a punch. :)

Lawdog-1
08-30-08, 15:03
What type of finish is on Double Star lower? Sprayed 0n or Anodized?

sonrider657
08-30-08, 17:03
I have two DoubleStars and both are great.
The finish is hardcoat anodizing with a Teflon overcoat.
Buy with confidence.
http://www.christiancarnivore.com/DoubleStar.jpg

eightmillimeter
08-30-08, 20:46
Doublestar lowers are very good to go. I like their logo. Personally I like to use lowers that have a teflon coating like the DS.

Lawdog-1
08-30-08, 21:11
Who has the Lowest Price on Double Star lowers

GreenRiverBoy
08-30-08, 22:07
Not sure where to buy them but I bought one at a local gun show in Evansville, IN for $100 out the door price. I think the quality of finish is very good. I would say equal to Stag.

KyAKGuy
08-31-08, 02:21
Love mine, had it a little over a year. When i got mine, both DS and Brownells had
good prices on them. AS good as anything else i have worked with.

KyAKGuy

sonrider657
08-31-08, 16:32
Who has the Lowest Price on Double Star lowers

Try Bud's Gun Shop: http://www.BudsGunShop.com

kwelz
01-16-09, 01:45
Obviously I know these guys are not LMT, Colt, etc. However I would like to know the overall quality.

Specifically I picked up a Lower and a dozen or so Mags. The lowers quality seems to be top notch but seems and is are different things.

The mags have what look like Magpul anti tilt followers and seems to be well made.

I paid 120 for the Lower and 14 per mag

Parabellum9x19mm
01-16-09, 02:05
i've done five or six builds on DS lowers. they're made by LAR. they work just fine.

one of them i just built is a bit sticky with trying to drop PMags free, but i'll just let it wear in a bit with USGI mags and i'm sure it will free up after a bit of use.

all the others DS lowers i've assembled drop PMags free just fine tho

bkb0000
01-16-09, 03:05
where'd you get it? 120 is a good deal for any lower right now

kwelz
01-16-09, 03:07
Local shop. Actually had it since right when everything blew up. Guy refused to jack up prices on stuff he already had in stock. I just wanted to ask since now I am building something off of it.

hoveyh
01-16-09, 15:54
HI there .... I have only built two AR's so my experience is limited...... First build was on a MEGA lower that I put in a RRA LPK a couple years ago ...my second build was done in Nov08 on a DoubleStar lower and a DoubleStar LPK. It is went together beautifully and runs perfectly. The fit, finish and functionality is superb. All my mags fit and drop free. The MEGA was snug. Right now I swap my STAG upper back and forth. The DS LPK parts look different than the RRA parts ....the DS trigger has a small flat stamped in the middle of both sides and also a stamped S and the hammer has the letter S stamped in to it .....The selector snicks on and off nicer than the MEGA/RRA LPK build that has a couple thousand rounds through it... I may update this post later w/ close up pics od the DS LPK.

Harold H.

shadowalker
01-16-09, 16:11
I bought two stripped DoubleStar lowers for $99 each just before the election, I didn't have any trouble building them up and both drop pmags, I used a Stag and G&R LPK though.

hammerg26
03-12-09, 12:22
I have a DoubleStar DSC and like it very much. No issues thus far.

hammerg26
03-12-09, 12:25
Sonrider - I have that same rifle in all black... love it.

kwelz
03-12-09, 12:45
I am just finishing up a build on a DoubleStar lower. Very high quality as far as I can tell. Better than a Bushmaster or DPMS honestly pretty close to the M&P lowers I have.

hossb7
03-12-09, 12:53
I bought three of their lowers on Halloween last year. Paid $125 each at a local shop. The finish appears to be top notch, and when I get my bushmaster LPKs in and assembled I'll post about the fit quality.

hossb7
03-12-09, 13:06
I bought three of their lowers on Halloween last year. Paid $125 each at a local shop. The finish appears to be top notch, and when I get my bushmaster LPKs in and assembled I'll post about the fit quality.

check out the other doublestar thread on the front page: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=222

Mark/MO
03-12-09, 17:14
I am glad most have had good luck with them. I bought one late fall and wondered afterwards if I got a junker. At the time I gave $99, if remember correctly. Hopefully someday I'll get the parts to put it together. It will be my first build and I'm looking forward to it.

bpd315
03-13-09, 19:04
bought mine after the election $129.99 from a local dealer. no issues. Putting an M4 Delton kit on it. Will buy another in the future. used a DPMS LPK with no problems and proper fit. :D

Red

warpigM-4
03-13-09, 20:39
I myself got a DS lower very nice fit and finish .I have got mostly COLT parts going on it (,"N" Marked 4 pos M4 1st gen stock, Barrel Colt 14.5 1/7 M4 ,carry handle,side sling adapter )and a (cerro?)SP? "keyhole "upper and a BCM BCG to run it.I think I will have a GTG weapon.and I real like the roll marks I thought it was a bat first time I saw LOL:D

I did have a DS 1/7 chrome lined M4 profile barrel that was very nice but after reading Robs chart I sold it because it did not have a "F" marked FSB and would not work with My flat top with out the Bushmaster Tall front sight post.So I sold it and bought a new COLT Barrel,But if I was going to build a A2 I am sure I would give their barrels a chance

Covert B
03-14-09, 09:49
I purchased a Double Star carbine model six-months ago and it is a quality firearm. The company has been around for quite a long time and they manufacture many of the parts used in the firearm. The April 2009 edition of "Special Weapons for Military and Police" features a "hand-on" test of the "Patrol" model. I purchased mine during the height of the frenzy.....being the last AR available in my town. But I purchased it for under $850, which was better than anything available at the time. I have since customized the weapon to my liking and did change the upper to a Bushmaster V-Match flat top since mine had a fixed carry handle. Nothing bad about the original upper, just my personal taste and will probably use the fixed handled upper for another build. You can't go wrong with a Double Star.