PDA

View Full Version : Block II optic

ExplorinInTheWoods
04-04-20, 10:49
Thinking about putting together a block II clone. Not exact clone but inspired I guess. I’ll have a FSP RIS II. Been thinking about going with an ACOG with the acss reticle, Accupower 1-4, Accupoint 1-6 mil dot, or moving my VCOG 1-6 to this set up. I had the standard RCO in the 82nd and I’ve gotten to look through some horseshoe acogs and like them. I figured the acss would be worth checking out. The accupower 1-4 can be had super cheap since the Accupower line is being discontinued for the credo line.

chef8489
04-04-20, 15:39
Thinking about putting together a block II clone. Not exact clone but inspired I guess. I’ll have a FSP RIS II. Been thinking about going with an ACOG with the acss reticle, Accupower 1-4, Accupoint 1-6 mil dot, or moving my VCOG 1-6 to this set up. I had the standard RCO in the 82nd and I’ve gotten to look through some horseshoe acogs and like them. I figured the acss would be worth checking out. The accupower 1-4 can be had super cheap since the Accupower line is being discontinued for the credo line.

Good luck on your build. I love the RIS II and both my 6.8(black) and my block II inspired build I am working have them. ACOG is classic for sopmod all the way back to block 1 as was the m68cco and eotech. I have no experience with any of those lpvo you mentioned, but I am sure any would be great.

ExplorinInTheWoods
04-06-20, 19:20
I’m a big fan of LPVO, I’ll probably get an acog since I don’t have one. Short eye relief and price are the only downside. I know someone will say get an elcan but I haven’t liked them the handful times I’ve messed with them and one of my buddies said he broke three on one deployment.