PDA

View Full Version : Strike industries enhanced parts?

Texas Sob
04-10-20, 22:50
Are these any good? About to do another pistol with a spikes lower I have. Already have a pdw sba brace for it wondering if the strike industries enhanced parts are worth a crap, what about their trigger as well? Better options for a enhanced lower kit thats not just standard lower parts?

Sry0fcr
04-10-20, 23:42
My son has their stock (wobbly, no grip in the pocket) and their FF tube (flexy and sharp). I've not been impressed at all.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Texas Sob
04-11-20, 00:11
yeah really just looking at the lower hard parts. I have their hg on my other pistol ar i like it ok

Mysteryman
04-11-20, 05:49
yeah really just looking at the lower hard parts. I have their hg on my other pistol ar i like it ok

I use their 60 degree ambi selector. Really nice, firm crisp detents, good texture on the levers themselves. No complaints.

uffdaphil
04-11-20, 11:19
I have a few of their plastic dust covers. Wish there were metal ones you could remove without taking of the handguard. The Mlok rail covers are junk - get brittle and break with age.

Wake27
04-11-20, 12:58
Strike is worse cancer than Spikes.

boss_hawg
04-11-20, 16:43
I’ve bought five or six of their items over the years.

The only part that I’ve kept is the reversible sling mount with HK hook on one side and the QD on the other. I have two of them. One of the set screws is stripped out (soft metal, low torque) so it’s on that hand guard permanently.

I give them major kudos for innovation but a big fat fail on execution.

I would stay the hell away from a “commodity” type product offered by them like a LPK.

Five_Point_Five_Six
04-11-20, 17:32
Stroke Industries makes some of the worst quality parts on the market. Hard pass even for a "range gun".

Texas Sob
04-11-20, 17:40
Thanks for the knowledge guys. I mostly looking for enhanced extended type parts. Was gonna get the actual springs and detents somewhere else.

w3453l
04-11-20, 22:49
Thanks for the knowledge guys. I mostly looking for enhanced extended type parts. Was gonna get the actual springs and detents somewhere else.

I still have not used these, but was planning on buying a couple for some stripped lowers I have. I don't know what specifically you are looking for, but if you browse around their website there's lots of "enhanced extended type parts".

Hope this helps

https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/SLCF-Selectable-Lower-Components-Forward-Controls_p_106.html

ETA: FCD is good to go, their products are primo

Texas Sob
04-11-20, 22:58
I still have not used these, but was planning on buying a couple for some stripped lowers I have. I don't know what specifically you are looking for, but if you browse around their website there's lots of "enhanced extended type parts".

Hope this helps

https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/SLCF-Selectable-Lower-Components-Forward-Controls_p_106.html

ETA: FCD is good to go, their products are primo

Sweet thanks pretty much what i was looking for and can configure it how i want.

Hammer_Man
04-11-20, 23:41
I find most of Strike Industries products come in a box that states "Made in Taiwan". So yeah, I'll never buy a single one of their products.

For range toy bling, I'd choose Battle Arms, or Radian.

Duffy
04-12-20, 14:38
Ever look at a piece of gear and wonder what the designer was thinking about, as in "what were they thinking"? When that's applicable to not one or two, pretty much across the board, it's a company culture of ignorance and incompetence. You can usually tell the designer's background, experience and knowledge by his creations. It is clear to me many of the products, for firearms or otherwise, are made by folks that have no business making anything.

It's amusing when folks say they're Chinese made, they correct them "No it's made in Taiwan". Taiwan is a democracy, they can make very good stuff, I'd rather buy from Taiwan than Chicom. When it comes to firearms related products, I don't think many countries with very stringent gun laws have the "gun culture" as we do in the US. This very culture drives innovation, but also some ridiculous trends and fashions, but companies that do trends and fashions don't stick around long, I think of them as byproducts.

Hammer_Man
04-14-20, 09:15
Ever look at a piece of gear and wonder what the designer was thinking about, as in "what were they thinking"? When that's applicable to not one or two, pretty much across the board, it's a company culture of ignorance and incompetence. You can usually tell the designer's background, experience and knowledge by his creations. It is clear to me many of the products, for firearms or otherwise, are made by folks that have no business making anything.

It's amusing when folks say they're Chinese made, they correct them "No it's made in Taiwan". Taiwan is a democracy, they can make very good stuff, I'd rather buy from Taiwan than Chicom. When it comes to firearms related products, I don't think many countries with very stringent gun laws have the "gun culture" as we do in the US. This very culture drives innovation, but also some ridiculous trends and fashions, but companies that do trends and fashions don't stick around long, I think of them as byproducts.

Regardless of what type of government Taiwan has, I'd rather spend my money on quality parts made by US companies, that are manufactured in the United States. I understand most consumer products (including the phone I'm typing on right now) are made in China, or Taiwan, so that limits my choice for most purchases. The firearms industry is one of the last remaining industries to buck that trend. It saddens me to see so much China/Taiwan made crap creeping into the firearms marketplace.

Duffy
04-14-20, 19:18
There are plenty of US made garbage too, about on the same level as Stroke. Pretty easy to tell if they're hobby grade: lots of color options (other than camo colors) and lightening cuts are common indicators.

Hammer_Man
04-14-20, 20:59
There are plenty of US made garbage too, about on the same level as Stroke. Pretty easy to tell if they're hobby grade: lots of color options (other than camo colors) and lightening cuts are common indicators.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm perfectly aware there are plenty of junk parts made here. Given the choice, I'd rather spend my money on quality parts made here over anything made over in Asia. Strike Industries seems to offer their fair share of color options, and stylised cuts.

Jonnyt16
04-14-20, 23:58
I never cared for or bought any of their products EXCEPT for their AK-47 pistol grip. That grip is actually on point and I run it on a few of my AK's.

Texas Sob
04-15-20, 00:29
I never cared for or bought any of their products EXCEPT for their AK-47 pistol grip. That grip is actually on point and I run it on a few of my AK's.

i prefer the us palm/xtech grip

Jonnyt16
04-15-20, 09:21
i prefer the us palm/xtech grip
I did too. Until I tried the Strike one.

The problem with the US Palm is that it narrows a little too much at the top and so it drives your hand - more specifically your thumb knuckle - up in to the receiver which becomes very uncomfortable after prolong shooting. At least it does for me.

Sry0fcr
04-15-20, 16:47
For range toy bling, I'd choose Battle Arms, or Radian.

I wish I had pushed him in that direction. He just wanted red parts. But he was 14 at the time... Not sure what OP's excuse is.

MegademiC
04-15-20, 21:15
I wish I had pushed him in that direction. He just wanted red parts. But he was 14 at the time... Not sure what OP's excuse is.

Lol.

If competitors, and trainers with a reputation are not using a product, but you see millennial influencers using it... dont buy it.

Flashy parts on an unrelable gun you cant shoot is the gun equivalent of a riced-out cavelier.

titsonritz
04-15-20, 22:31
I'm happy using the following companies for enhanced parts and see no reason to "broaden my horizons" :

Battle Arms Development - selector, pivot/takedown pins
Forward Control Designs - mag release, bolt release, forward assist
Geissele - charging handle, trigger
Radian - selector, charging handle

vicious_cb
04-15-20, 23:06
Are you one of those wevo nerds who like to take more shots with their camera than with their AR? Then strike products maybe for you. Unless you are someone like Stick who does that kind of stuff for a living.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2709&d=1486280232

Sry0fcr
04-16-20, 09:16
Lol.

If competitors, and trainers with a reputation are not using a product, but you see millennial influencers using it... dont buy it.

Flashy parts on an unrelable gun you cant shoot is the gun equivalent of a riced-out cavelier.I didn't let the kid dick the gun up functionally. It's still a 6920.

Hammer_Man
04-16-20, 13:46
I didn't let the kid dick the gun up functionally. It's still a 6920.

I don't know man... Red aluminum parts on a Colt... Something about that doesn't sit right...

n8vmind
04-16-20, 14:33
SI makes parts for people who also drive Honda Civic Si with huge aftermarket spoilers

Duffy
04-16-20, 16:54
The trend in the fashion/lifestyle/hobby grade ARs and components is gaudy colors and lots of lightening cuts, with each trying to out-stupid the other. So now we have ARs that look like 1970s teaching aid, cut away ARs, and colors that belong on toddlers toys.

ARs perverted is how I describe them, they've done nothing to move the platform forward, but only giant steps back.

The red magazine release button is one good example, unless you have short fingers or small hands. Most users have to curl their fingers to access it, a cantilevered button that protrudes over the magazine release fence to the point of rendering the mag release fence useless, there had better be a good reason for it.

I wrote about this on our site https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/Overcorrection_ep_69-1.html

We don't sell to, or do a lot of business with LGS. One prominent LGS around here told me to make things in red, "anything in red sells", as he put it. We won't be following his suggestion, now or ever.

26 Inf
04-16-20, 17:27
SI makes parts for people who also drive Honda Civic Si with huge aftermarket spoilers

Define huge? (asking for a friend)

26 Inf
04-16-20, 17:31
The trend in the fashion/lifestyle/hobby grade ARs and components is gaudy colors and lots of lightening cuts, with each trying to out-stupid the other. So now we have ARs that look like 1970s teaching aid, cut away ARs, and colors that belong on toddlers toys.

Duffy, you've just described how I feel about most people's tats.

Diamondback
04-16-20, 17:35
Define huge? (asking for a friend)

Could use as a bookshelf or an airplane wing? :D LOL

n8vmind
04-16-20, 18:07
Define huge? (asking for a friend)Huge enough for owner to believe others will initially be distracted by cosmetic add-on and delay eventual conclusion that the complete package is merely a P.O.S.

Diamondback
04-16-20, 18:15
Here's the site I used to explain it back in college:
http://ricestreet.ricecop.com/riceexplained03.html

Also, take a look at these for a chuckle... http://www.ricecop.com/tickets.php

kwb377
04-18-20, 09:32

The S.I. accessories and their ilk are the AR equivalent of gas station "tactical" knives.

Send it...
04-18-20, 15:57
I had the misfortune of buying a handguard made by them a couple years ago. My experience was, its junk. I’m a solid pass.

26 Inf
04-18-20, 22:08
Huge enough for owner to believe others will initially be distracted by cosmetic add-on and delay eventual conclusion that the complete package is merely a P.O.S.

Here's the site I used to explain it back in college:
http://ricestreet.ricecop.com/riceexplained03.html

Also, take a look at these for a chuckle... http://www.ricecop.com/tickets.php

I was being droll. Ricecop is an a-hole. Ten dollar an hour jobs gotta have ten dollar an hour cars.

VLODPG
04-18-20, 22:58

ARs perverted is how I describe them, they've done nothing to move the platform forward, but only giant steps back.

The red magazine release button is one good example, unless you have short fingers or small hands. Most users have to curl their fingers to access it, a cantilevered button that protrudes over the magazine release fence to the point of rendering the mag release fence useless, there had better be a good reason for it.

I wrote about this on our site https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/Overcorrection_ep_69-1.html

We don't sell to, or do a lot of business with LGS. One prominent LGS around here told me to make things in red, "anything in red sells", as he put it. We won't be following his suggestion, now or ever.

You speak the truth.

I want to thank you for making quality products. I'm trying to get more of your products on the wall of our shop but they are usually OOS at our suppliers. Good thing for that as I usually take them for upgrades on my own guns and they get added to my tab with the boss!

I'm gonna go broke with all my own projects.

Jonnyt16
04-19-20, 18:19
So just curious, does Phase 5 and Fortis Manufacturing fall under the "Honda Civic Si with huge aftermarket spoilers" category as well? Asking for a friend.

TonyAngel
05-01-20, 23:49
Joe Bob's Outfitters had the SI LPK's on sale without grip and FCG for $46, so I grabbed one just to try out. Turned out to be a very nice kit. The ambi safety is really nice and the pivot and take down pins add a bit to the look. What I really liked was the plungers that you get for the pivot and take down pins. Made installing the pins very easy. The bolt catch is nice too. I wouldn't call it extended, but more surface area that usual.

Hammer_Man
05-04-20, 15:14
So just curious, does Phase 5 and Fortis Manufacturing fall under the "Honda Civic Si with huge aftermarket spoilers" category as well? Asking for a friend.

In my opinion yes.

TomMcC
05-04-20, 18:16
Joe Bob's Outfitters had the SI LPK's on sale without grip and FCG for $46, so I grabbed one just to try out. Turned out to be a very nice kit. The ambi safety is really nice and the pivot and take down pins add a bit to the look. What I really liked was the plungers that you get for the pivot and take down pins. Made installing the pins very easy. The bolt catch is nice too. I wouldn't call it extended, but more surface area that usual.

Filthy heretic...just kidding. Some of their stuff actually works as advertised and some of their stuff not so much. I needed some pmag extensions for 3gun and decided to try theirs since they were plastic and cost like $11.95. Didn't really want to spend $40 each on the 4 I needed. They've worked perfectly fine for years now. I get why people hate them, I just don't. But be careful.

calicojack
05-10-20, 04:27
Out of all the folks slamming strike India, how many of you have >actually used their products< or are you just regurgitating what you read on the internet? Asking because I bought their enhanced lpk and installed it with ease. Havent shot it yet, but now I'm second guessing myself. Probably shouldnt be as I'm pretty sure that alot of the opinions expressed in the thread were based off my latter option