PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 Grendel upper

BangBang01
04-11-20, 08:59
Wanting to get a 6.5 Grendel complete upper without breaking the bank but also wanting a decent one. I have researched several that have gotten good reviews but thought I’d ask here what y’all would recommend for a complete upper. Appreciate it.

Red*Lion
04-11-20, 10:36
$693 for an assembled Larue Ultimate upper in 6.5 Grendel minus the trigger group. I do not know if this is more than you want to spend, but Larue has a great rep.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-ultimate-ar-15-upper-kit/

TexHill
04-11-20, 11:38
I have both the LaRue and Aero Precision uppers in 6.5 Grendel and have been happy with both. I bought the Aero because LaRue had a 6 month backlog when I ordered mine in January of last year.

BangBang01
04-11-20, 11:42
$693 for an assembled Larue Ultimate upper in 6.5 Grendel minus the trigger group. I do not know if this is more than you want to spend, but Larue has a great rep.

That looks good. I appreciate it. I was looking on the Grendel Hunter and Sanders Armory, which I know nothing about that company, I have a BCM, Aero, Core and I have an older Bushmaster. Laure I like a lot.

BangBang01
04-11-20, 11:43
I have both the LaRue and Aero Precision uppers in 6.5 Grendel and have been happy with both. I bought the Aero because LaRue had a 6 month backlog when I ordered mine in January of last year.

What kind of accuracy are you getting out of the Aero 6.5 Grendel? I know it is an accurate round and for where I hunt and what I hunt it will be perfect.

TexHill
04-11-20, 11:51
What kind of accuracy are you getting out of the Aero 6.5 Grendel? I know it is an accurate round and for where I hunt and what I hunt it will be perfect.

I ordered the Aero with a 21" stainless steel barrel, and I have consistently shot 1 moa groups with it. The LaRue is an 18" nitrided barrel, and it's just as accurate.

26 Inf
04-11-20, 12:07

I'm pretty sure the website will not let you order one w/o all the options on the drop down menu. I paid 792.00 for mine several years ago. At that time assemblt was a $199.00 option, so I bought it un assembled, which was my intent. It looks like now assembly is free.

Still a great deal at $792.00.

BangBang01
04-11-20, 12:18
Yeah I’m looking, or wanting an 18” barrel definitely no more than 20”.

Red*Lion
04-11-20, 14:28
I'm pretty sure the website will not let you order one w/o all the options on the drop down menu. I paid 792.00 for mine several years ago. At that time assemblt was a $199.00 option, so I bought it un assembled, which was my intent. It looks like now assembly is free.

Still a great deal at $792.00.

I guess you may be correct. I bet if someone called Larue, they may very well facilitate the deal without the trigger group.

26 Inf
04-12-20, 00:17
I guess you may be correct. I bet if someone called Larue, they may very well facilitate the deal without the trigger group.

Oh, it's still a great deal, for 792.00 you have a complete rifle if you have a bare receiver. Plus a nice chassis to do trigger maint/checks.