PDA

View Full Version : Value of this rifle or components?

Bluto
04-13-20, 12:36
I'm digging through the safe getting rid of unused hardware and discovered a rifle I pieced together from separate factory uppers/lowers years ago and forgot about. If it's been that long, its time to go. I know for certain its unused/unifred and am trying to figure out its fair market value before listing in the EE. I am also trying to decide if it's best to sell complete or part it out as separate lower/upper. Any help would be appreciated!

Lower:
Colt M4 with LE serial number prefix
Magpul SL stock and grip
Perfect condition

Upper:
Colt 6720 barrel
Colt carry handle sight
Magpul SL forend
Delta ring is a bit scuffed from replacing the original handguard otherwise perfect condition.

Everything is original Colt like I mentioned unfired. Would I be better off selling the upper/lower separately or together, considering this was not a correct factory configuration? What's a fair market price for this setup?

JulyAZ
04-13-20, 12:58
I think your looking around $750-$800, if youre lucky.

The lower you might be able to pull $500 for, but the upper i dont see much resale value in, since its the 6720.

Honestly at the point we are at right now, I wouldnt considering buying a set up like that unless it was at $650-$700.

We are at a weird point right now. I think you’d be better off holding on to it for the time being until youre able to ask high $800’s-$900 again.

Right now you might be able to offer it to somebody not in the gun world and ask $850-$900 and tell them its a colt, a premium rifle. And youd be ok, cause honestly you wouldnt be screwing them over, I do think that’s the correct value for your rifle. But i just dont see anyone who is part of this world paying that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DoubleW
04-13-20, 15:07
I actually prefer the 6720 profile to the 6920 so I don’t consider that a detriment. You could easily get $450 a piece for the upper & lower & probably more cumulatively if you parted out the BCG/CH. If you got lucky, & someone wanted one, you could probably pull $1k for the complete gun.

Colt isn’t selling to civies right now & everything is out of stock so I bet someone would pay a little more for one.

JulyAZ
04-13-20, 15:20
I actually prefer the 6720 profile to the 6920 so I don’t consider that a detriment. You could easily get $450 a piece for the upper & lower & probably more cumulatively if you parted out the BCG/CH. If you got lucky, & someone wanted one, you could probably pull $1k for the complete gun.

Colt isn’t selling to civies right now & everything is out of stock so I bet someone would pay a little more for one.

Ive purchased 3 colts and sold two, and SBR’d one, since colt has stopped selling to civies. That premium price after the colt shock has died away. The parts and availability have normalized. And everyone that now regrets some of their purchases are unloading them.

Now is a good time to be buying, but not a moment to be selling.

The best bet is to sell to the folks wanting a gun that have never purchased you can get the premium price.

And while you may appreciate the skinny barrel, i can tell you, most do not. I do not. If i were to buy the rifle, the barrel would be first to go. Its not a selling point but a detriment to the overall price of the rifle. Some dudes like them, but they are few and far between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Coyote bulldozer
04-13-20, 16:09
Around here you'd be lucky to get $750 out of it at the moment. The market here is so flooded right now with people selling off guns cause they're out of work and need income that the secondary market is absolutely inundated with high end guns for such good prices that mid and lower range guns are [almost] worthless. On my local armslist there's low round count DD's for $1400.

These are strange times: dealers price gouging and out of stock while private resale prices are tanking cause people need the money more than another gun sitting in their safe...

Lost River
04-13-20, 16:29
Now is not a great time to be selling, as others have mentioned and the majority of potential AR buyers are not knowledgeable in regards to what really makes the 6720 preferable to those who want a skinny barrel. Personally I will take a 6720 over a 6920, but 95+% of AR buyers have never had to stand around on a perimeter, or actually carry one for hours on end, so they just want one that is "just like an M4".

It sounds like a great gun, but you might have better luck closer to election time when there might be an uptick in panic buyers. Right now we are seeing record numbers of unemployed people, and who knows when that will end.

Good luck with your sale either way.

Renegade0100
04-14-20, 20:28
People are lowballing you here. Given the panic buys and that Colt is no longer producing factory rifles for the civi market, I don't see how you couldn't be able to get at least a grand for it.

Milspec78
04-15-20, 15:41
I’m my area 750$’ish

Sry0fcr
04-15-20, 16:29
Why do people keep saying Colt isn't selling to civilians? G&R just posted that he has 6720s in stock for $999, Arms Unlimited had 3 variants of 6920s in stock within the last few weeks (EPR, Overrun fed guns & MOE).

Colt just killed of their "civilian" guns. No more Expanse or Retro Re-issues. LE guns are still shipping to LE dealers, we've seen this arrangement before... Get a grip fellas.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

hotrodder636
04-15-20, 17:48
I haven’t looked hard in my area for deals on guns, it’s unfortunate that people have to hock them for money, but I will definitely be looking for some deals this weekend.

Eurodriver
04-16-20, 03:38
People are lowballing you here. Given the panic buys and that Colt is no longer producing factory rifles for the civi market, I don't see how you couldn't be able to get at least a grand for it.

Lol nah fam

scooter22
04-16-20, 05:48
6920s are on GunBroker for around $1200. Not sure if they’re selling though.

Bluto
04-16-20, 13:47
Thank you all for the replies. It looks like I'm just going to hold onto it for the time being.