PDA

View Full Version : Q pdw stock

tim808
04-14-20, 12:01
My brother in law is going to get a Noveske and is looking at one that has the Q pdw stock

Anyone using a Q pdw stock and do you like it?

(Sorry if there is already an existing thread in this stock, I did try to search first)

If not the Noveske, he will get something from Q. He is not getting a Bcm/colt/etc

Forgot to note earlier that this is his first Ar. I don’t think he will use it very much. He has a Beretta 1201 shotgun already. The Ar is basically just for a rainy day.....like if we get hit by a tsunami, earthquake or hurricane and the harbors are shutdown for a while for repairs

WickedWillis
04-14-20, 12:45
My brother in law is going to get a Noveske and is looking at one that has the Q pdw stock

Anyone using a Q pdw stock and do you like it?

(Sorry if there is already an existing thread in this stock, I did try to search first)

If not the Noveske, he will get something from Q. He is not getting a Bcm/colt/etc

They only come on the Q stuff, and the select Noveske guns right now. I have only handled them and they feel alright. Very lightweight. I would be concerned about long term durability. The cheek weld as well is not great, but that seems to be the case with most PDW style stocks. They don't feel cheap per-se, but they don't feel rock solid either.

They definitely have an awesome aesthetic though.

RMike89
04-14-20, 13:26
Cheek weld leaves something to be desired from my time on it and honestly turned me off of the entire concept as a whole. And unless BIL gets the receiver set specifically machined from Noveske to accept the Q stock, he's wasting his time, gotta love IP and proprietary tech.

themonk
04-14-20, 13:48
I got tired of waiting for the Honey Badger so I put a lot of money and RD into making my own. I played with every PDW stock on the market. I also have played with the Q version and it is very lightweight. This is great without a suppressor but with one, the gun is way front heavy.

I ended up going with the Maxim defence for a few reasons and have since upgraded to their newer gen 7 from one of their earlier stocks:
1) You can just pull on the stock to deploy and it goes to the length you set (this was a must have for me)
2) One of the best cheek weld if there is such a thing with these
3) Allows you to use a standard milspec BCG
4) Maxim worked with JP to make a silent spring solution for their stock that comes in two weights, standard and heavy.

I love the Q stock but its to lightweight for what I was looking for. YMMV

turnburglar
04-14-20, 15:08
I dont understand the appeal of these PDW stocks. Do they actually take any length off OAL? They seem heavier and harder to shoot than say a Magpul CTR.

RMike89
04-14-20, 15:31
They look cool, doesn't improve shootability and shaves maybe 1.5" off the end of a fully collapsed buttstock.

themonk
04-14-20, 16:29
Mine takes off more like 2.5 inches and the Q is more. Makes for a very small gun with a short barrel. My blackout with a 7.5” barrel is 21”.

Eurodriver
04-14-20, 17:55
They only come on the Q stuff, and the select Noveske guns right now. I have only handled them and they feel alright. Very lightweight. I would be concerned about long term durability. The cheek weld as well is not great, but that seems to be the case with most PDW style stocks. They don't feel cheap per-se, but they don't feel rock solid either.

They definitely have an awesome aesthetic though.

Yeah. I was trying to get a Noveske space invader pistol and grab a Q stock to SBR it myself and save 11 months of wait time.

No dice. Q and Noveske both told me to pound sand. They say it’s too difficult to install the Q stock and they don’t want a bunch of ****ed up installs out there

tim808
04-14-20, 23:33
Thanks for the info on the Q pdw stock. I’ll forward this thread to him. Thank you again!