PDA

View Full Version : RIP Brian Dennehy

Slater
04-16-20, 12:51
A greatly talented actor and formidable screen presence. For many folks (including myself) he first came to prominence with his role as Sheriff Will Teasle (opposite Stallone) in "First Blood":

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/brian-dennehy-tommy-boy-first-172028891.html

BoringGuy45
04-16-20, 13:09
He lived in my hometown and I met him when he spoke at my high school graduation 16 years ago. He was considered just another local to us; occasionally being asked to speak at graduation was just about all the celebrity treatment he got, which is how he and his family liked it.

RIP Brian

ABNAK
04-16-20, 13:26
Did not know this until I read about him but he was one of those "Stolen Valor" guys. He was in the USMC from 1958 until 1963, serving nearly all of it on Okinawa. He had apparently claimed he was a five-tour Vietnam vet, which wasn't true.

Whiskey_Bravo
04-16-20, 13:43
Did not know this until I read about him but he was one of those "Stolen Valor" guys. He was in the USMC from 1958 until 1963, serving nearly all of it on Okinawa. He had apparently claimed he was a five-tour Vietnam vet, which wasn't true.

True, but at least he came clean and said he lied admitting that he started telling that story in bars and it snow balled from from there. Doesn't make up for the fact that he lied, but I will give it to him that he came completely clean even if it was after he was called out for it.

Five_Point_Five_Six
04-16-20, 15:01
First Blood and the few Jack Reed movies he did in the 90's are what I remember him by the most. RIP.

Naxet1959
04-16-20, 15:58
Who could forget him in the movie FX or any of the westerns he did. Very talented actor, sad about the stolen valor...

caporider
04-16-20, 16:18
Who could forget him in the movie FX or any of the westerns he did. Very talented actor, sad about the stolen valor...

Silverado. Such a good movie, Cobb was such a great character.