PDA

View Full Version : P3AT surprise

Mark/MO
11-23-08, 12:38
Well, this week I did something I said I wouldn't do. I stumbled onto and purchased a new Keltec P3AT. I had been considering a Ruger LCP but they were rather scarce in my area before the recall, now I find none. At over $75 less than the LCP I figured what the heck, I'll try it and if I don't like it I can turn it easy enough for what I have in it.

I shot it yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. I only fired 50 rounds but to my surprise had no failures or jams of any kind. And this was with the only 380 ammo I could find late one night, Monarch JHP stuff from Academy that looked like it really wants to jam. Wow, after some of what I'd read I was prepared for the very worst. Better yet it shot to POA. At 21 feet I had little difficulty keeping nearly all the shots within a 6 inch circle slow fire. I felt good about that considering the sights, or lack thereof. One odd thing, it ejected brass a good 30-35 feet behind me. I don't know if this is nrmal or not.

So far so good. It will take several hundred more rounds before I can say it is reliable enough for CC. After my initial doubts and prejudices I actually went home liking it. Who knows, I may keep it after all.

skyugo
11-23-08, 13:44
that's good news...

the size certainly is right for CCW use.

Buckaroo
11-23-08, 13:53
I like mine for a Pajama gun. I carry it in a Desantis Nemesis and tuck it into the waistband of my PJs when I am about the house at night.

I also keep it for ultra-deep concealment and as a BUG.

Buckaroo

Paul45
11-23-08, 17:40
I have almost 1200 rounds thru mine - no issues. I also have the .32 - no issues. Keep it clean and lubed - it is good to go.