PDA

View Full Version : Need help with ak barrel replacement

TacticalFun
04-19-20, 08:06
Never had to have a ak worked on before. Please bare with me if im stupid.

Shot out a barrel in my cg1. The first barrel i bought was from green mountain. Drop shipped to smith. Gas system too short. Sent back.

Next barrel is 12" romanian chf barrel from apex. Jmac m13 is is too large for barrel. Gas tube and piston are too long. Can someone please tell me what parts i need to buy for the 12" cugir romanian barrel? I literally have searched for hours all over the internet and have found nothing. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

RetroRevolver77
04-19-20, 09:08
Delete.

TacticalFun
04-19-20, 09:18
Isn't the CG1 a WBP Polish AKM? Should be a standard AKM barrel.The problem is every barrel i buy the gas system isnt correct. The 11.14 barrel my gas system was too long. The 12" barrel od is too small for a standard gas block. And the piston is too long.

Bret
04-19-20, 11:29
I'm with RetroRevolver77. I thought that the CG1 was a rifle built on a Polish parts kit by Atlantic firearms. Seems like straight up AKM to me. Can you post pictures of your AK? Is it a rifle, pistol or SBR?
https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/products/childers-pol-wbp-rifle

BTW, how much did you shoot this AK? It's very unusual for a barrel to be shot out of a semi AK.

TacticalFun
04-19-20, 11:44
I'm with RetroRevolver77. I thought that the CG1 was a rifle built on a Polish parts kit by Atlantic firearms. Seems like straight up AKM to me. Can you post pictures of your AK? Is it a rifle, pistol or SBR?
https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/products/childers-pol-wbp-rifle

BTW, how much did you shoot this AK? It's very unusual for a barrel to be shot out of a semi AK.Probably around 40,000 rounds. The barrel cracked by the pin. The problem isn't the old barrel the problem is none of the new barrels i have purchased fit anything.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200419/57f5c8a63341a91292c7751a7d637ce3.jpg

Todd.K
04-19-20, 14:47
The 12" barrel od is too small for a standard gas block.

But you don't have a standard gas block. I suspect that may be your problem.

Bret
04-19-20, 15:31
Wow. That's about $10,000 worth of 7.62x39 through it. Did it come from Atlantic? If so, ask them who supplied the barrel for the build.

TacticalFun
04-19-20, 15:44
Wow. That's about $10,000 worth of 7.62x39 through it. Did it come from Atlantic? If so, ask them who supplied the barrel for the build.Wbp parts kits

Todd.K
04-19-20, 17:38
Wbp parts kits

Before or after the barrel ban? As in factory barrel or US made barrel.

TacticalFun
04-19-20, 17:44
Before or after the barrel ban? As in factory barrel or US made barrel.This was a polish barrel. Again the old parts are not the issue the issue is new every new barrel we have ordered has been a different od with different length gas systems. There appears to be no rhyme or reason to it.

RetroRevolver77
04-19-20, 18:35
Delete.

Todd.K
04-19-20, 23:03
This was a polish barrel. Again the old parts are not the issue the issue is new every new barrel we have ordered has been a different od with different length gas systems. There appears to be no rhyme or reason to it.

If it had a US barrel you could order from the same company. I think your gas block and/or gas system length must not be standard. I have a virgin Eastern European AKM barrel, I'd be happy to get you any measurements if that would help.

Worst case you change your gas block out so you can use a standard barrel.

utahjeepr
04-20-20, 16:20
So,I believe what you have is a Romanian pm90 barrel (aka draco). You want a gas piston for that application which is 122mm from the shoulder to the end of the piston. For a while pm90 parts were everywhere look around, or cnc warrior has a stainless us made draco piston. You also need the draco/pm90 gas block with a 14.5 mm bore dia. as opposed to the standard 15mm.

TacticalFun
04-20-20, 21:27
So,I believe what you have is a Romanian pm90 barrel (aka draco). You want a gas piston for that application which is 122mm from the shoulder to the end of the piston. For a while pm90 parts were everywhere look around, or cnc warrior has a stainless us made draco piston. You also need the draco/pm90 gas block with a 14.5 mm bore dia. as opposed to the standard 15mm.Thank you