PDA

View Full Version : MRO HD

Willoj
04-22-20, 17:41
I purchased an Mro HD (without the magnifier) a month ago. When it arrived I opened it everything looked great and worked fine. I placed it back in the case and left it until my mount was delivered. When the mount arrived I installed the optic on the mount then installed the mount on the rifle. I turned it on and noticed the 68 MOA ring wasn’t there. I rant through all the settings still no ring. I’ve contacted Trijicon. Anyone have any experience with this or advice?

crosseyedshooter
04-22-20, 19:27
Maybe you knocked the ring off when you put it back in the case? I’d wait to hear what Trijicon has to say.

mebiuspower
04-22-20, 19:45
Try a fresh battery.

Willoj
04-22-20, 19:45
Try a fresh battery.
Tried that

Vegas
04-22-20, 20:32
Tried that

Did you rotate all the way through the brightness dial? I thought there was two sides two it. One with circle, one without.

Willoj
04-22-20, 20:34
Did you rotate all the way through the brightness dial? I thought there was two sides two it. One with circle, one without.
There are two sides and I did try that.

Vegas
04-22-20, 21:02
Hmmm. I’m out of ideas apart from is the battery seated properly? I remember on a Vortex scope I called tech support about an RMA because the illumination was dead. Lady on the phone says did you really crank the cap all the way down? Of course I hadn’t and it lit up when I tried it. Felt like a dummy.

Willoj
04-22-20, 21:17
Hmmm. I’m out of ideas apart from is the battery seated properly? I remember on a Vortex scope I called tech support about an RMA because the illumination was dead. Lady on the phone says did you really crank the cap all the way down? Of course I hadn’t and it lit up when I tried it. Felt like a dummy.
Battery is seated well. Caps on tight. I just noticed the front glass is set in the tube crooked. The right side has 1/4 inch of tube protruding past the glass. The left side has 1/16 of tube protruding past the glass.

kyjd75
04-23-20, 07:38
I believe that "crooked" front glass is normal for the MRO. It has something to do with how the dot is displayed. I think Trijicon has an FAQ about it on their website. I have three MROs (non HD) and all have "crooked" front glass.

Bluto
04-23-20, 07:55
Battery is seated well. Caps on tight. I just noticed the front glass is set in the tube crooked. The right side has 1/4 inch of tube protruding past the glass. The left side has 1/16 of tube protruding past the glass.

Yes, the glass is supposed to be crooked, but the ring should not protrude from the bezel at all. The Trijicon tech told me it should, in fact, be behind the bezel enough to at least fit a fingernail. I had one that protruded just proud of the rim and Trijicon RMA'd it.

msstate56
04-23-20, 13:51
The front lens is angled on purpose. It’s that way so the led can reflect back to your eye. I believe the OP means the “ring in the reticle” As far as the ring not showing up, no clue. Hopefully Trijicon will get you some answers. If you get it figured out, let us know. I’ve got a regular MRO, and I’m interested in the HD as well.

Willoj
04-23-20, 16:04
I heard back from Trijicon today and the rep seemed baffled. I’m sending the optic off for repair tomorrow.

WickedWillis
04-23-20, 17:40
I heard back from Trijicon today and the rep seemed baffled. I’m sending the optic off for repair tomorrow.

They took care of me quickly on my RMR type 1 issue, I am sure they will get you handled quickly on this too.

Furbyballer
04-24-20, 07:11
Have they addressed the parallax issues in these new units?

mebiuspower
04-24-20, 09:00
Have they addressed the parallax issues in these new units?

Unlikely since none of the MRO HD videos from Trijicon mentioned anything about fixing parallax. The parallax issue comes from the large front objective glass.

Bluto
04-24-20, 09:26
Unlikely since none of the MRO HD videos from Trijicon mentioned anything about fixing parallax. The parallax issue comes from the large front objective glass.

I was just playing around with an MRO HD (there's a thread in the GD forum where I posted some results). There is some parallax, but not much. I don't have an original MRO to compare it to to see if it's improved. The bigger issue is the donut-of-death halo effect. In certain conditions with just the dot enabled you can still see the ring. Very annoying.

ScottsBad
04-24-20, 13:15
I'm sure Trijicon will take good care of you. I've had excellent experience with them. BTW Did you do a hard reset? Completely remove the battery and reinstall it? In any case, it should have been working out of the box.