https://youtu.be/M8d5Wr9au9I

grnamin
04-22-20, 20:17
It's a start. :D

https://youtu.be/Y70vcs3oV14

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

joedirt199
04-22-20, 20:28
So can anyone's voice activate the cabinet?

Wildcat
04-22-20, 23:13
Clever. Needs a belt-fed.

jimmyheadgear
04-23-20, 06:56
So can anyone's voice activate the cabinet?

And now everyone at Amazon and China knows where, and how to access your stuff.

SomeOtherGuy
04-23-20, 13:33
It's cool in a summer action movie kind of way, but impossibly stupid for real use. People who know computers tend not to want anything internet-connected to touch anything important to them, including door locks and thermostats. Think of the possibilities with someone like Bezos, Chinese hackers, and "red flag laws." Or just watch 2001: A Space Odyssey.

grnamin
04-23-20, 13:37
It's cool in a summer action movie kind of way, but impossibly stupid for real use. People who know computers tend not to want anything internet-connected to touch anything important to them, including door locks and thermostats. Think of the possibilities with someone like Bezos, Chinese hackers, and "red flag laws." Or just watch 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Dave: Alexa, we need guns!
Alexa: Sorry, Dave. You have been red flagged. No guns for you. (Alexa deploys Roomba Glock after you.)

markm
04-23-20, 14:14
Where did the foam cut fettish originate? Hollywood hit men?

Cold/Bore
04-23-20, 14:15
That is awesome! As a woodworking, building secret gun compartments into furniture or built-ins is on my list of things to do. I would agree that if this was a serious gun stash, you would not want it to be electronic nor connected to the internet, but the fact that it opens up with music playing says to me that this is just for fun and to entertain guests. But far be it from me to poo-poo such a fantastic contraption. I love the fact that it uses Alexa to open it. But yes, if the google executives get wind of this, at a minimum, I could foresee Alexa responding with some lame, nanny platitudes and refusing to work. So hopefully it has a backup.

Nowski87
04-23-20, 14:19
I like the idea, I would want a physical mechanical button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
04-23-20, 15:15
Fun project but as others have noted, less secure than a Homak cabinet.