PDA

View Full Version : If one was looking for a reasonably priced used aimpoint what should I be looking for

loki993
04-23-20, 15:04
Im currently building up a new gun that will have some potential to be used for HD, I also have a 6920 that currently has a Lucid red dot on it that I got on clearance a while back and its always needed to be upgraded, so I need a new dot. Thinking cheap yeah something like holosun comes up, but this is only my second gun and I cheaped out he first time, not that there is anything wrong with the lucid, but this time id like to get something nicer if I could. The obvious answer is a PRO, problem is I just feel its really big for what it is and Ive always preferred the micros. Obvious problems with the micros is they cost a heck of a lot more than a PRO and I dont think I can afford a new one right now.

So I dont really mind used since its an aimpoint I should have confidence that its going to be GTG even if I get a used one. That said what is the best price Im going to find on one of the micro aimpoints on the used market, what should I be looking to pay? What models should I be looking for? Older models are fine as long as they work, which I dont see why they wouldn't. Where should I be looking, aside from the EE here of course. Any websites deal in a lot on trade ins and stuff where maybe I could get a deal on a agency trade or something maybe?

Tigereye
04-24-20, 06:42
Just glancing through the EE a few pages, it looks like you could find a used T1 with mount for around $500. I don't know of any dealers that sell used. Maybe a dealer with a demo but I've never looked for one. I've had good luck over the years buying used on the EE.

RKB Armory
04-24-20, 09:21
We buy and sell used optics. That's all we do. We even give a 30 day guarantee on anything we sell. You just have to watch for what comes in and out of stock.

mack7.62
04-24-20, 09:32
A new Aimpoint Pro is selling for $445, you likely can get it less with a little searching. Before picking up a used T1 I would make sure to verify that the mounting holes were not screwed up as that is a weak point with those, a problem fixed with the T2. I have seen excellent M4's as low as $380 but those types of deals are very rare.

Tigereye
04-24-20, 11:46
We buy and sell used optics. That's all we do. We even give a 30 day guarantee on anything we sell. You just have to watch for what comes in and out of stock.

Good to know. Thanks

ScottsBad
04-24-20, 13:03
One more thing, I love and own Aimpoints (2 T1s, a PRO, and a T2), but I've found the Trijicon MRO to be very good and rugged. Skip the HD and Patrol version, just the plain old MRO will serve you well. Around the same price as a PRO. BTW I really dislike the PRO mount and replaced it for like $200.

MROs have been out for a few years and have a proven track record AFAIK. I'm not hearing bad stuff. I have four and they've been great. In fact, I like some things about them better, especially for the price.

loki993
04-25-20, 00:14

Thats good to know.

A new Aimpoint Pro is selling for $445, you likely can get it less with a little searching. Before picking up a used T1 I would make sure to verify that the mounting holes were not screwed up as that is a weak point with those, a problem fixed with the T2. I have seen excellent M4's as low as $380 but those types of deals are very rare.

Yeah Ive seen pros for under 350 before especially around BF and stuff, just kinda wanted a different dot, but in that price range the pro is tough to beat.

One more thing, I love and own Aimpoints (2 T1s, a PRO, and a T2), but I've found the Trijicon MRO to be very good and rugged. Skip the HD and Patrol version, just the plain old MRO will serve you well. Around the same price as a PRO. BTW I really dislike the PRO mount and replaced it for like $200.

MROs have been out for a few years and have a proven track record AFAIK. I'm not hearing bad stuff. I have four and they've been great. In fact, I like some things about them better, especially for the price.

Ive seen some talk of parallax issues, but I don't know enough about them to know if its real or just internet smoke.

titsonritz
04-25-20, 01:48
If you don't have plans to go swimming with your optic and don't require NV capability, I've seen some pretty good deals on H-1 Micros.

The_War_Wagon
04-25-20, 08:54
Some of the BIGGER state firearm boards (Calguns & PAFOA in particular, since I've been on both) are a GREAT place to find good deals. I JUST got an immaculate T-1 on a LaRue LT-660 mount, for $550 delivered. Turned around and sold the mount (I need absolute co-witness) for $80 in less than a week. And the exact SAME deal came up after mine got here - and that one was only $500 delivered.

There's an Aimpoint Pro, with mount and rubber armor, for $350 on my local Armslist. You can get some flakes there sometimes, but deals are ALSO there if you search 'em out. DON'T be afraid to buy out of state through A-L either. I just got a great set of Troy BUIS from Indiana yesterday!

RHINOWSO
04-26-20, 19:46
If you want a Pro, but it from Geissele for $440 with their mount already installed if you want new.

loki993
04-27-20, 16:39
That is a good deal but I was trying to avoid the Pro if I could help it. Nothing wrong with the PRO but I want something small and small + aimpoint = expensive.

Leonidas24
04-27-20, 22:57
Some of the BIGGER state firearm boards (Calguns & PAFOA in particular, since I've been on both) are a GREAT place to find good deals. I JUST got an immaculate T-1 on a LaRue LT-660 mount, for $550 delivered. Turned around and sold the mount (I need absolute co-witness) for $80 in less than a week. And the exact SAME deal came up after mine got here - and that one was only $500 delivered.

There's an Aimpoint Pro, with mount and rubber armor, for $350 on my local Armslist. You can get some flakes there sometimes, but deals are ALSO there if you search 'em out. DON'T be afraid to buy out of state through A-L either. I just got a great set of Troy BUIS from Indiana yesterday!

Having just searched Armslist for Aimpoints BE CAREFUL. I found 7-8 ads from different states all from unregistered users that all had the same verbage in the ad. All the items were in awesome shape if not brand new in the photos, and $200-250 below what I see used ones selling for. If it sounds too good to be true it definitely is.

loki993
04-28-20, 12:49
Having just searched Armslist for Aimpoints BE CAREFUL. I found 7-8 ads from different states all from unregistered users that all had the same verbage in the ad. All the items were in awesome shape if not brand new in the photos, and $200-250 below what I see used ones selling for. If it sounds too good to be true it definitely is.

Yeah armslist wouldn't be my first choice to buy anything anyway, especially right now.