PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Aero UL Scope Mount Owners... if you have access to a 3D printer:

Valhalla
04-25-20, 04:37
We could use your help testing a new product!!

We've recently finished development of our latest offset mount:

As you can see it is designed to replace one of the "half-rings" from 30mm Aero Precision Ultralight scope mounts, with a mounting interface for modular RDS base-plates.

#########################

It's base-plate system is compatible with our Rukh adjustable offset mount, so this "ring" already supports most of the common RDS on the market. Here is a photo with a Holosun mounted.

Another front view of the mount. You can either replace the front ring (easier access to turret) or the rear ring (larger viewing window).

As to why it's hanging at a werid angle semi-upside-down... There are many reasons:

a) SPEED.The RDS is engineered to hold the exact same height-over-bore as your main optic, meaning transitions in either directions does not require any head-movement. No more breaking cheek-weld just to find your dot!

b) EASY ZERO. Once transitioned, the optic is perpendicular to horizon (as shown) so you simply flip your windage and elevation when zeroing.

c) Convenient. It allows much quicker access to most RDS's brightness control buttons (compare to traditional low-profile offset mounts).

How do I help?

If you own an 30mm Aero Precision Ultralight mount, please PM us and we will share a complete set of STL files (including all base-plates) with you. We would like you to print one for whichever RDS you own, fit it over your scope, and let us know what you think. For example, how does it feel to transition from your main-optic to the RDS and back? Does it feel streamlined when handling? etc.

Quick note: in order to achieve the lowest possible profile (the RDS is officially only 33-degrees off the main optic's axis), depends on your RDS the turret will block a bit of the window. Although most of our focus-group stated they would gladly trade that tiny corner for less wrist movement and more compact profile, we want to hear what you guys think.

We would also like to see if any firearms or optics will run into interference issues, since the mount-plate recesses into the space around the turret and gets pretty close to the gun's body. For example does it affect any firearm's operations? How about shell-ejecting? As a small business we really don't have the budget to just "go out and buy one of every gun" and test it (wouldn't that be nice!!) so we can really use some help here.

Lastly, please post your comments (and preferably some photos of your setup) right here on this thread, even if you hates it. We don't want to hide anything from potential customers, so transparency would be best. We will study the responses and make any last-minute adjustments before RTM. This program is 100% voluntary, and participation does not commit you to any obligations — aka you don't need to buy anything from us. Those STL files are 100% free-and-clear for you to use.

Thank you guys in-advance for your help!!

Valhalla Tactical

Valhalla
04-25-20, 04:38
Reserved

Valhalla
04-25-20, 04:39
PS. in terms of supported RDS, we currently have the following base plates already completed:

RMR and compatible
DeltaPoint Pro and compatible
RTS2 and compatible
T-1 and compatible
Aimpoint Acro

With these in-the-work:

Holosun 509T
Doctor and compatible
SIG Romeo (full line)

Please feel free to suggest other RDS that you would like to see made compatible, and we will try our best to offer you a base plate quickly!

rockapede
04-25-20, 15:50
That’s cool. Looks a lot beefier than the stock ring half to boot. Sometimes it sucks to be a lefty!

Valhalla
04-25-20, 23:03
Sometimes it sucks to be a lefty!

Well hang-in there bud!! After this product, we are looking at ADM mounts. It would means that half-ring can be mounted on either side! But baby steps!!

John W
04-25-20, 23:16
Well hang-in there bud!! After this product, we are looking at ADM mounts. It would means that half-ring can be mounted on either side! But baby steps!!

i have multiple adm mounts and a single aero. very interested in the adm... standing by to support.

edit: how do we get this to 12 o clock

turnburglar
04-26-20, 18:45
I have an Aero mount, but no access to a 3d printer until later in the year. Really like the idea though and wouldn't mind testing a metal prototype in matches and drills for you guys in the future.

Rrotz
04-27-20, 21:33
Reserved for review. I would like baseplates for a Holosun 801 and Trijicon RMR.

10 years in the Outback and out of focus with new products...bear with me.

Straight Shooter
04-28-20, 19:22
Send it to CHINA where your margins will be better.

anubismp
04-28-20, 20:21
Pm'd you, I'm down to try it

Valhalla
04-28-20, 20:36
I have an Aero mount, but no access to a 3d printer until later in the year. Really like the idea though and wouldn't mind testing a metal prototype in matches and drills for you guys in the future.

Check with friends and families, they are surprisingly available and most schools have them now too... but if you want to wait, just PM us later in the year - we ain't going anywhere! :D

Valhalla
04-28-20, 20:36
Send it to CHINA where your margins will be better.

As promised: Smiling and waving!! :p :rolleyes: :cool:

Valhalla
04-28-20, 20:37
Pm'd you, I'm down to try it

I just replied and sent you the link to download. Have fun!!

Valhalla
04-28-20, 20:48
how do we get this to 12 o clock

Do you mean mounting the RDS at 12 o'clock (aka directly on top) of your magnified optic? Like those RMR mounts over ACOGs?

MkG45
05-02-20, 07:30
Please send me the files. Thanks!