PDA

View Full Version : Future of North Korea

Artos
04-25-20, 15:07
Lotsa chatter KJU is gone...any thoughts on a replacement if factual?? I heard something on his sister but think she a little too pro democracy for China. Crazy times.

Sam
04-25-20, 16:38
Trump probably killed him with the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart touch when they met. Trump is so good, he had a delayed reaction built in to his technique.

Either way, good riddance.

I'm sure his sister will be taking over, they like to keep things in the family in that place.

Artos
04-25-20, 16:59
Thanks, I'm seeing mixed 411 on the sis too...some are saying she's more psycho the he is/was. I'm sure China is pulling all the strings regardless.

Grand58742
04-25-20, 17:23
It was originally reported a few days ago on CNN, so I dismissed it as their usual "sources claim" nonsense. However, seems like there's a lot more chatter going on right now with different nations.

As for the sister, Kim Yo-jong, I'm not sure how that hierarchy works over there in regards to succession of the leadership. Regardless, she'll need support of the military hard liners before assuming power.

Every site we have comes up to "lack of info" in regards to who she is. However, her eyes are the kind that stare right through you. Not crazy eyes, but more like "I will destroy your soul while sipping my morning tea and not even give it another thought."

https://video-images.vice.com/test-uploads/articles/5e9ef5ba46224f009c5e79e9/lede/1587503625659-kim-yo-jong.jpeg

utahjeepr
04-25-20, 17:56
If he is gone I forsee a power struggle amongst military and party hardliners that just may turn bloody. I simply do not see the brass accepting a woman. Her support, real or not, may be valuable enough to keep her alive and eating well.

Buncheong
04-25-20, 18:15
The sister won’t be taking over, that’s CNN nonsense. She’s a zero.

Watch the older Kim...

Artos
04-25-20, 18:18
Fascinating...the guy was/is in his 30's they guess & evil knows no bounds. No idea of the ladder structure but some are saying she is #2 in the workers party. Family feud??

FWIW

Kim Jong-un's sister 'tyrant in waiting' if illness claims her dictator brother's life:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/kim-jong-uns-sister-tyrant-21923676

OH58D
04-25-20, 19:28
If he is gone I forsee a power struggle amongst military and party hardliners that just may turn bloody. I simply do not see the brass accepting a woman. Her support, real or not, may be valuable enough to keep her alive and eating well.
This was my thinking. Some kind of coups with an installed military leader.

manbearpig
04-25-20, 19:43
The sister won’t be taking over, that’s CNN nonsense. She’s a zero.

Watch the older Kim...

This situation is complicated because KJU's kids aren't old enough to rule and KJU's brother is considered unfit to lead and reportedly has no interest in politics. Based on bloodline, KJU's sister is the best candidate to take over. The problem is that NK is a Confucian society which generally doesn't favor females or young people and so she might not get the support of the military/key figures in NK to become their next leader. If I were a bookie I would still make her the odds on favorite to take over but after her, I think the next likely candidate to become their ruler is Kim Pyong Il, who is NK founder Kim Il Sung's only surviving son and Kim Jong Il's half brother. He has the bloodline, political experience as an NK diplomat for European countries, is old enough, and has a cock.

The one thing that I hope doesn't happen obviously is a real life Game of Thrones situation where the power vacuum leads to bloodshed and instability in the region.

Grand58742
04-25-20, 19:58

I don't know. When I first saw her back in 2018 at the Olympics, I felt she has this kind of Cersei Lannister vibe to her. The pretty face that nobody suspects, but quietly manipulates everything behind the scenes to her advantage. All she needs is her "Gregor Clegane" and takes out a few of her opposition and there is your new NK leader.

Grand58742
04-25-20, 19:59
The one thing that I hope doesn't happen obviously is a real life Game of Thrones situation where the power vacuum leads to bloodshed and instability in the region.

I think we're thinking alike...

SomeOtherGuy
04-25-20, 20:39
I'm sure his sister will be taking over, they like to keep things in the family in that place.

Nothing says "egalitarian worker's paradise" better than hereditary rulers who live as royalty and kill with a zeal that would make Lannisters blush.

Pretty sure Chuck Norris killed him though, not Trump.

ace4059
04-25-20, 21:43
See the corona was a good thing for the world. Took out KJU, some leaders in Iran and helped decrease China’s overpopulation.

soulezoo
04-25-20, 21:47
I'd hit the sister.

In the biblical sense.

Artos
04-25-20, 22:13
I'd hit the sister.

In the biblical sense.

lol...you win the net for the nite. Well played as it's my bad / first thought when I saw the photo contemplating she's sorta hot vs the whole evil.

Vandal
04-25-20, 22:25
lol...you win the net for the nite. Well played as it's my bad / first thought when I saw the photo contemplating she's sorta hot vs the whole evil.

She's evil hot. I also think Dennis Rodman has slowly poisoned KJU with Twinkies and other American snacks over time. I expect him to pop up DOA somewhere soon.

On a more serious note, if KJU does die, or is already dead and there is no successor lined up, it's going to get bloody in the Hermit Kingdom in the power struggle.

Buncheong
04-25-20, 23:20
I’ll say it again: the sister is going nowhere - she’s a zero.

Kim Pyong-il is the one to watch...

manbearpig
04-25-20, 23:51

Part of me agrees with you but KJU must've had some sort of a contingency plan to transition power in the event of his death. My best guess is that he would want his sister to be in charge until his heir came of age and I assume he would've tried to secure the loyalty of key people in the regime to agree to this plan.

manbearpig
04-26-20, 00:01
I think we're thinking alike...

The new spinoff of Game of Thrones that HBO is doing is about Targaryen infighting that leads to bloody conflict. I see some parallels here.

mack7.62
04-26-20, 08:16

Kinda like Biden.

Alpha-17
04-26-20, 09:48
This is definitely an interesting flashpoint to watch. I think the bloodline issue could be used to let her take power, but how long would it allow her to hold power? Confucian societies are very patriarchal, and I'm not sure Cersei's evil twin here would be willing to step down after her time as Regent. A civil war, or even just a coup attempt could get very, very ugly because I could absolutely see one faction or another try to settle things with their limited stockpile of nukes.

Grand58742
04-26-20, 09:59
This is definitely an interesting flashpoint to watch. I think the bloodline issue could be used to let her take power, but how long would it allow her to hold power? Confucian societies are very patriarchal, and I'm not sure Cersei's evil twin here would be willing to step down after her time as Regent. A civil war, or even just a coup attempt could get very, very ugly because I could absolutely see one faction or another try to settle things with their limited stockpile of nukes.

Like others, I think it's going to depend greatly on who the Chinese back in that fight. Confucian or not, I could see the Chinese backing her since she's already known in the Western realms though without many details of who she really is or how she rules.

Blame our own press for fawning over her during the 2018 Olympics in their quest of anything and everything anti-American since Trump came into office. They portrayed her as that "sweet little gal" from North Korea and ignored trying to find out who she was exactly. The Chinese know this and I could see them backing her since our own media set the stage for widespread acceptance if she is a contender for power.

utahjeepr
04-26-20, 12:04
I wouldn't count out Kim Fat Fuk just yet. In my experience silence does jot equal death for commie leaders. Now if they announce that he has a minor cold his fat ass is toast.

Kim Fat Fuk certainly deserves to die, but the resulting power struggle will be rough on the populace. Not to mention that there will be harsh measures afterwards to "prove" the new regime's toughness and to keep the populace cowed. Poor bastards.

sundance435
04-26-20, 17:28
I haven’t really seen much, but I recall reading that they were ordering a lockdown, despite claiming zero cases. I couldn’t find anything about whether they had Army Day celebrations and if he was there. May Day is a big celebration, so if we don’t hear anything from him by then there’s a good chance something is up.

Otherwise, I’m not super optimistic. Not like the dude was really predictable in the first place.

Diamondback
04-26-20, 19:55
My bet is the Chinese won't ALLOW much to change from their favorite cat's-paw. They want a buffer between them and the Decadent West, not to mention someone to be a convenient "sub-contractor" for stuff where they don't wanna hold the bag rather akin to how the KGB used to outsource wetwork to Bulgaria, and will do whatever they gotta do to protect that asset.

TL;DR: "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss!"

Artos
04-26-20, 21:35
I haven’t really seen much, but I recall reading that they were ordering a lockdown, despite claiming zero cases.

One of the first jokes I saw when this whole C19 started was kju went awol day one & they were monitoring the numbers daily & then entering into the global count as follows...one, zero, three, zero, eight, zero, 28, zero, 122, zero etc. I would have to reckon that is probably accurate coming outta the gates till it caught up to those making the zeros.

SteyrAUG
04-26-20, 22:24

I'm not sure North Korea has qualified as a Confucian society for some time. I don't even think China has qualified since 1912. I don't even think Taiwan (ROC) would qualify. Hong Kong was probably the last strong hold of a Confucian society. Today China permit and to some extent promotes some Confucian traditions, but communism is in direct conflict with Confucian philosophy and except for mimicking some Zhou traditions most Chinese can't even relate to genuine Confucian thought.

SteyrAUG
04-26-20, 22:25
My bet is the Chinese won't ALLOW much to change from their favorite cat's-paw. They want a buffer between them and the Decadent West, not to mention someone to be a convenient "sub-contractor" for stuff where they don't wanna hold the bag rather akin to how the KGB used to outsource wetwork to Bulgaria, and will do whatever they gotta do to protect that asset.

TL;DR: "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss!"

Pretty much. So long as China can afford to support that house of cards, they will.

RMike89
04-26-20, 22:34
Pretty much. So long as China can afford to support that house of cards, they will.

Honestly at this point, I'm surprised they haven't officially annexed DPRK, they're already using them as slave labor and saber rattling.

just a scout
04-27-20, 08:00
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/04/27/asia-pacific/kim-jong-un-alive-well-top-adviser-souths-president-says/#.XqYv_i-z1bV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Alpha-17
04-27-20, 08:26
I'm not sure North Korea has qualified as a Confucian society for some time. I don't even think China has qualified since 1912. I don't even think Taiwan (ROC) would qualify. Hong Kong was probably the last strong hold of a Confucian society. Today China permit and to some extent promotes some Confucian traditions, but communism is in direct conflict with Confucian philosophy and except for mimicking some Zhou traditions most Chinese can't even relate to genuine Confucian thought.

They're Confucian as much as anything else. Despite attempts by the PRC to eliminate it, it's still baked into Chinese culture in various ways. NK, on the other hand, has made use of select Confucian ideas in their rhetoric to justify their continued rule. This isn't "true Confucianism" but it's what their legitimacy is based on. Depending on how seriously people actually take those ideas will impact how seriously they back Kim Yo Jong. On one hand, it supports the family rule, but on the other, she's a woman. We'll see.

Artos
04-27-20, 12:21
https://nypost.com/2020/04/25/kim-jong-un-in-vegetative-state-japanese-media-report-says/

Kim Jong Un in ‘vegetative state,’ Japanese media report says

MountainRaven
04-27-20, 12:51
It's really too bad Firefly already committed to AOC.

GH41
04-27-20, 17:49
In today's latest news conference Trump was ask about about Kim's condition and he responded that he knew but it wasn't time to tell yet. A few questions later an Asian women reporter quoted a statement Kim supposedly made last Saturday. Trump said Kim didn't say anything Saturday. That is enough for me.

LMT Shooter
04-27-20, 18:43
It's really too bad Firefly already committed to AOC.

He's probably open to polygamy

vicious_cb
04-29-20, 21:59
https://nypost.com/2020/04/25/kim-jong-un-in-vegetative-state-japanese-media-report-says/

Kim Jong Un in ‘vegetative state,’ Japanese media report says

https://i.imgur.com/EdN5Oae.png

arptsprt
04-29-20, 22:32
[emoji1376] Well done... lol.

https://i.imgur.com/EdN5Oae.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
04-29-20, 22:55
They're Confucian as much as anything else. Despite attempts by the PRC to eliminate it, it's still baked into Chinese culture in various ways. NK, on the other hand, has made use of select Confucian ideas in their rhetoric to justify their continued rule. This isn't "true Confucianism" but it's what their legitimacy is based on. Depending on how seriously people actually take those ideas will impact how seriously they back Kim Yo Jong. On one hand, it supports the family rule, but on the other, she's a woman. We'll see.

Ok, I can accept that with respect to NK using selective Confucianism. But in China, even though they are ground zero, the cultural revolution seriously weeded most of it from the national consciousness. It's the difference between a muslim from Trinidad and a muslim from Saudi. Talk to somebody who grew up in Hong Kong about the subject versus anyone who grew up on the mainland.

SteyrAUG
04-29-20, 22:57
Honestly at this point, I'm surprised they haven't officially annexed DPRK, they're already using them as slave labor and saber rattling.

They need to maintain the premise that they don't directly control what happens in North Korea. Also if China formally took control of North Korea, that war could go hot again. I would need to look it up but I'm pretty sure one of the conditions of the "cease fire" is a lack of Chinese military in North Korea.

utahjeepr
04-30-20, 06:32
They need to maintain the premise that they don't directly control what happens in North Korea.

This.

Y'all ever notice that every time China is on the hot seat the Norks start acting out. Then the narative becomes "We need China to help reign in North Korea." China has a lot of influence over the Norks, that is for sure. That influence is always used to China's advantage not to help the "world".

Hank6046
04-30-20, 06:57
They need to maintain the premise that they don't directly control what happens in North Korea.

So this relationship has always been interesting. Going back to the 1940's Mao was a huge supporter of Communism but not necessarily the Soviet Union. This was also true of Kim Il Sung, who thought he could do what Mao did in China but for all of Korea, not really ever completely trusting the Chinese. Now they obviously helped to push us back to the 38th Parallel, but Kim Il Sung had more ties to the Soviet Union at the moment. Mao recognized that he now had some authority over Kim Il Sung, and North Korea, but it is my understanding that other than being their major trade partner they don't rush to ask China for help, think about the famine in 1994. (Just to site the majority of my statement I want to point you to The Coldest Winter - David Halberstam)

If North Korea is linked to China in this way that has to have an effect on the ego, of the hermit kingdom and one would think Kim Jong-un in general.

sundance435
04-30-20, 08:25
They need to maintain the premise that they don't directly control what happens in North Korea. Also if China formally took control of North Korea, that war could go hot again. I would need to look it up but I'm pretty sure one of the conditions of the "cease fire" is a lack of Chinese military in North Korea.

That, and they're far more useful as an idiot foil than another province of China. Why would China have interest in taking over that dumpster fire. That's not the "new China" MO, anyway. I don't think the DPRK is as firmly under China's thumb as some would like to believe. They might be, practically, but they behave oftentimes as though they're not and I doubt it's always some choreographed ballet between the two.

Alpha-17
04-30-20, 09:04
Ok, I can accept that with respect to NK using selective Confucianism. But in China, even though they are ground zero, the cultural revolution seriously weeded most of it from the national consciousness. It's the difference between a muslim from Trinidad and a muslim from Saudi. Talk to somebody who grew up in Hong Kong about the subject versus anyone who grew up on the mainland.

I think it's still baked into Chinese culture though; the obsession with having male children, for instance, is but one example. A family friend was a foreign exchange student from China, and is married to the son of a moderately high CCP member. She was treated like crap by her husband's family until their first child, a boy, was born, and suddenly she is treated much, much better. Again, this isn't true Confucian values, but it shows a legacy of them remain baked into elements of the culture.

This.

Y'all ever notice that every time China is on the hot seat the Norks start acting out. Then the narative becomes "We need China to help reign in North Korea." China has a lot of influence over the Norks, that is for sure. That influence is always used to China's advantage not to help the "world".

To be fair, that could also be explained by NK feeling with all the attention on China, they can squirm a bit out from under Big Brother's thumb. Now, I'm not saying that's the case, but it's plausible and may be a secondary factor in why this happens.

Sam
05-01-20, 16:56
We're all wrong ... The rumors of his death had been premature. The little fat pig is alive.

Artos
05-01-20, 17:17
yup

Kim Jong-un appears in public - state media

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52508437

26 Inf
05-02-20, 22:54
My take is a little different - Kim actually dies in 2014 and since then his body doubles have been fighting it out. Body Double Three biffed Body Double Two and is now in control, for the present.

Grand58742
05-03-20, 02:25
My take is a little different - Kim actually dies in 2014 and since then his body doubles have been fighting it out. Body Double Three biffed Body Double Two and is now in control, for the present.

Or we're dealing with a situation like Jet Li in "The One."

Except instead of getting stronger, he's getting fatter.

sundance435
05-03-20, 09:56
Regardless, judging from the recent photos, dude’s about 1 Korean bbq away from actually, finally kicking the bucket. Interesting that his sister was in some of the photos. Subtle messaging?

Sam
05-03-20, 10:52
. Interesting that his sister was in some of the photos. Subtle messaging?

His sister is always nearby, that's nothing new.

Slater
05-03-20, 11:23
I wish he'd be abducted by space aliens and be subjected to extensive anal probing.

utahjeepr
05-03-20, 13:27
I hear he has been at his private compound raping sex slaves. He apparently keeps a couple thousand teen/pre-teen girls as a private rape stable.

sundance435
05-04-20, 17:13
His sister is always nearby, that's nothing new.

I meant that in the sense that they’re undoubtedly aware of western media coverage of his absence and speculation as to his heir. If he considered her a threat or not a legitimate heir, she’d be locked away somewhere never to be heard from, or just dead.

jbjh
05-04-20, 19:24
I meant that in the sense that they’re undoubtedly aware of western media coverage of his absence and speculation as to his heir. If he considered her a threat or not a legitimate heir, she’d be locked away somewhere never to be heard from, or just dead.

I don’t know. She looks like you could legit cast her as a Bond Villain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chadbag
05-05-20, 20:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbC6dLG_dQY

and the improved version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2qCD_tjjBQ

Lots of guns in the video too (including Yugoslav copies of MP40s firing 7.62x25)