PDA

View Full Version : Sig Suppressor mounts vs AAC or any other mount I own.

Pappabear
04-27-20, 13:10
This thread could be in Precision, or NFA or few other sub forums so placed it here to get the word out best. I have Sig mounts on 10.5 SBR's, 16inch builds and AR10 gas guns and a 300WM.

I cleaned my AAC mounts and one Gemtech mount because I couldn't get the cans on and off because they were so crusty. I noticed my Sig mounts don't get as crusty near as quickly as my other mounts. I don't know if this is a design feature or the material they use.

My AAC mounts, (and I am an AAC fan for bolt guns) get CRUSTY on a 24 in 6.5CM bolt and my Sig mounts are spotless on a 300WM. My Gemtech does the same crustamatic on a 223 bolt gun.

Anyone have any details on these interesting Sig mounts?

VIP3R 237
04-27-20, 13:16
Taper mount designs such a sig, q, tbac, Griffin, etc are a better engineered mount that don’t allow carbon on the tapered mounting surfaces and have a more repeatable poi shift when removing and remounting the can.

rushca01
04-27-20, 14:12
I am not associated with this company at all, but there is a guy that own ECCO Machine and he will convert you AAC suppressor to run anything that has a 1.375x24 mount so you can run either Griffin Armament Plan A, Q plan B, Dead Air Keymo, and also direct thread.

I sent an older 18T 7.62 SD to them to convert so I can the griffin armament plan A.

EODbusch
04-27-20, 14:30
I am not associated with this company at all, but there is a guy that own ECCO Machine and he will convert you AAC suppressor to run anything that has a 1.375x24 mount so you can run either Griffin Armament Plan A, Q plan B, Dead Air Keymo, and also direct thread.

I sent an older 18T 7.62 SD to them to convert so I can the griffin armament plan A.

Getting ready to do the same with my SDN-6. A buddy of mine just got his back and loves it. Adds a little bit of length and weight, but IMO, is worth the change.

rushca01
04-27-20, 14:37
Getting ready to do the same with my SDN-6. A buddy of mine just got his back and loves it. Adds a little bit of length and weight, but IMO, is worth the change.

I’ll likely send my SDN-6 in at some point but I wanted to ditch that 18T in a bad way

themonk
04-27-20, 14:49
Taper mount designs such a sig, q, tbac, Griffin, etc are a better engineered mount that don’t allow carbon on the tapered mounting surfaces and have a more repeatable poi shift when removing and remounting the can.

This. The taper is before the threads. On your AAC and Gemtech mounts if you put just a little bit of Nickel Anti-Seize (https://amzn.to/3eTitKd) on the mounts you won't have as many issues with stickage.

Pappabear
04-27-20, 16:02
This. The taper is before the threads. On your AAC and Gemtech mounts if you put just a little bit of Nickel Anti-Seize (https://amzn.to/3eTitKd) on the mounts you won't have as many issues with stickage.

I have some of this stuff, I wish I put it on before I got them dirty again.

How much does it cost to get the conversion? I might do it if my cans take a shit and quit working.

PB

EODbusch
04-27-20, 16:11
ECCO work is $200, but don't forget the cost of the mount and adapter of your choosing.

themonk
04-27-20, 16:11
I have some of this stuff, I wish I put it on before I got them dirty again.

How much does it cost to get the conversion? I might do it if my cans take a shit and quit working.

PB

Its cheap, like $150. Last I heard he was working with AAC to get a cross company warranty. I was waiting to see what the end results of that were. Also since the introduction of the battlecomp 51T I hate the 51T mount far less than I used to.

MegademiC
04-27-20, 21:43
Everyone complains about surefire mounts, but mine have never been stuck.
Fwiw, i use the 3p and brake, both of which have the sealing ring on them. Ive had them “bind” a bit, but a twist and tug got them off easy enough. That said i dont shoot thousands of rounds before removing, only a few hundred, and i lock them as tight as possible.

I do have a thousand or so in one, more on the other, and dont clean them, just pull the silencer off when cleaning everything else, or to swap hosts.

rushca01
05-05-20, 21:20
Quick update, just got a pic from Nick at ECCO Machine with my finished cans. I had him jailbreak and old SWR Trident 9 and convert my AAC 7.62 SD 18t to the Omega 1.375 x 24 threads which will not fit either Griffin plan A, Q Plan B, or Keymo mounts.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200506/38a481b0488de88abc26a4aa8635d04e.jpg