PDA

View Full Version : LMT enhanced bolt/carrier group

GreenMtnTac
11-08-06, 23:36
Does anyone have any experience with these? The dual extractor spring and sand cuts sound like interesting ideas. I know LMT makes top-notch parts, but I'd like to hear some real world thumbs-up before I would consider shelling out the clams for a non-traditional design.

Aubrey
11-09-06, 11:16
I have no personal experience, but they reportedly do not work well in the 10.5" uppers. They were "DEVELOPED TO ADDRESS PROBLEMS - REAL OR OTHERWISE - IN THE M4A1 14.5".

VA_Dinger
11-09-06, 12:01
I would pass on them.

They seem very hit or miss to me depending on the upper. I know several guys who have had problems running them. While at the same time I know of two guys who swear by them, both of whom I know for a fact shoot relatively high round counts. One of them runs them in both his 10.5" & 16" upper.

It’s just too strange for me to spend the extra cash.

Just buy a Colt, LMT, or CMT and keep a fresh extractor, HD extractor spring/o-ring/black insert installed. You will be better off in the long run.

GlockWRX
11-09-06, 12:09
I've got one in my 16" LMT upper. It runs very well, no stoppages in about 2000 rounds with minimal cleaning. This is all on a flat range though, so it's seen only light duty so far. It's in a standard LMT M16 carrier. I kind of bought it on a lark, and I would be hard pressed to say I got twice the performance out of it for the cost. That is not a knock on the product, just my use doesn't really justify the added expense.

My next builds will probably use a standard bolt from CMT or LMT.

GreenMtnTac
11-09-06, 12:15
Thanks for the info, guys. That's about what I expected, but figured I'd ask.

I think all I really need is a spare bolt for my carbine. It's a Colt, and I'd like to keep it 100 percent Colt, but that seems to be getting harder and harder as time passes. I'll probably just buy a standard CMT or LMT bolt.

docsprague
11-20-06, 00:52
I have a enhanced BCG and it works great. But if I had it to do over again I would buy a standard one from LMT.