PDA

View Full Version : CCW Holster Recommendations...

amadeus76
04-30-20, 14:27
I was planning to go with the G-Code INCOG holster since I have one for my G19 and really like them. However, when I tried to order the website wouldn't take any of my cards. I contacted customer service they basically told me I was the problem and then brushed me off. So since they don't want my business I'm looking for recommendations for an alternative IWB holster for my Glock 48. Hit me with your recommendations...

Norman
04-30-20, 14:47
I’ve been happy with Vedder.
www.vedderholsters.com

HeruMew
04-30-20, 15:03
I love BlackRhinoConcealment.

Especially if rocking a light, compensator, or suppressor height sights.

Kydex, but probably the most comfortable I have ever worn thanks to their 10/90 molding process.

ViniVidivici
04-30-20, 15:09
There are alot of good makers out there now to choose from.

I am very pleased with my JMCK rigs. Very well-made, lots of good options, great customer service.

Adrenaline_6
04-30-20, 15:25
I have an old OWB RCS Phantom and my IWB is from Black Arch.

The Black Arch comes in different IWB styles. Not sure what you are looking for exactly. The good thing about their Protos line is that the kydex wraps around the backside to provide positive retention even though it is a hybrid design (kydex/leather/dri-matrix)).

https://www.blackarchholsters.com/collections/holsters/products/iwb-single-clip-protos-m

https://www.blackarchholsters.com/collections/holsters/products/protos-m

https://www.blackarchholsters.com/collections/holsters/products/rev-con-reversible-concealable-holster

Bogart
05-01-20, 09:52
Dark Star Gear Hitchhiker. If you carry appendix then get it with the dark wing. If not, get it without. And then order a set of Discreet Carry Concepts clips to replace the belt clip/loops that come with the DSG.

robbins290
05-01-20, 10:28
I use crossbreed or CCW. Been great after all these years. Great customer service also.

pag23
05-01-20, 20:56
I really like Tenicor for my P320 and also my Glock 19

Todd762
05-01-20, 22:37
Another vote for Tenicor. I just purchase their Certum3 with all the mounting options. In the end I stuck with the closed soft loops. I carry more towards the 4 O’clock and the loops are slightly tacky so the holster stays where you position it on your belt. They also offer the T1 clip by Discreet Carry Concept. It has a square nut for the unique Tenicor designed slots

Quality stuff and they ship lightening fast. They don’t sell what isn’t in stock.

CDR_Glock
05-02-20, 02:47
I was planning to go with the G-Code INCOG holster since I have one for my G19 and really like them. However, when I tried to order the website wouldn't take any of my cards. I contacted customer service they basically told me I was the problem and then brushed me off. So since they don't want my business I'm looking for recommendations for an alternative IWB holster for my Glock 48. Hit me with your recommendations...

You have a ton of options.

I have done the Crossbreed Super tuck, Shielded Holsters, Bravo Concealment, G-Code, and Vanguard 2.

Key is to have the right belt.

I prefer Kydex over Kydex/Leather over Leather.

I must have 50-60 different holsters.

You just have to try what fits your style of carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wheelhouse
05-02-20, 10:25
Take a look at LAS Concealment, Henry Holsters, and Legacy Firearms. I have multiple holsters from them and they are excellent products.

SeriousStudent
05-02-20, 11:21
Personally, I have four favorites, not in any particular order. Dark Star Gear, RCS, Keepers Concealment, and JM Custom. They are sturdy, reliable and worth the price charged.

Spiff_P239
05-02-20, 11:26
I’ve been happy with Vedder.
www.vedderholsters.com

I’m a fan as well.

crazymailman
05-03-20, 08:16
I have a few from KSG Armory and have been really impressed with them.

chamber143
05-06-20, 05:41
I like phlster skeleton holsters

05-06-20, 09:01
Wearing a Tucker Cover Up Plus roughout right now. I also use Dara 7.5* cant IWBs, and I like the just-leather-and-kydex Black Arch models.

pag23
05-06-20, 18:05
Blue Line LLC, also makes a good holster...guy is also LE

.45fan
05-06-20, 19:00
If HolsterCo has what you like I would recommend them. I have a few holsters of his and really like them.

However in the past year, he has gotten big enough that he took the Raven "buy what I want to sell or tough luck" approach.

He isn't making custom holsters at this time which is a shame unless you have a common setup.

www.miholsterco.com

ap1220
05-07-20, 20:37
Another vote for JMCK holsters. I have 3 holsters and 3 magazine carriers from Tony.

Edm
05-10-20, 20:09
I bought a Tenicor for my G43x and liked it so much I bought another for my 23 and 26. It was a eye opening experience for me. I have used other brands for 20 years and they were fine. Switched to AIWB a few years ago and couldn’t find the perfect one. Now I can carry a full sized grip easily under just a t shirt and have no tell. It is very comfortable and has a great warranty.

IKnowNotEverything
05-11-20, 10:47
Raven Concealment Morrigan is an excellent choice for a simple IWB holster. I use mine daily at the 3:30 and have been very pleased with the minimalist size and adjustability.

gunrunner505
05-12-20, 07:42
I’ve been using the Comp Tac MTAC for years with good results. Comfortable even in the car and has passed the grueling nap on the couch test with flying colors. Not super expensive and I’ve had good response from them whenever I needed something. Worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biker70
05-12-20, 08:29
I always look at different rigs but end up getting the Vedder lite tuck I have three now the reason is good quality, they are adjustable and tuckable I carry cross draw with shorts and T shirt the only draw back is the grip contacting my skin which makes it uncomfortable at times

lew.45
05-12-20, 16:35
Milt Sparks Versa Max II is at the top of my list.

MSteele
05-12-20, 22:42
I've been carrying concealed for the last 21 years and finally found holsters I can have on all damn day. Tenicor velo and sagax lux for appendix. Also my AnR Design LLC holster is pretty damn fantastic.

Mike169
05-17-20, 06:59
I’ve been using the Comp Tac MTAC for years with good results. Comfortable even in the car and has passed the grueling nap on the couch test with flying colors. Not super expensive and I’ve had good response from them whenever I needed something. Worth a shot.

+100 to that, love my MTAC

Skipper
05-17-20, 13:35
IWB? Milt Sparks - Summer Special II, or a
directly competing product.

556BlackRifle
05-17-20, 23:25
I have been carrying CCW since the early 1980s and I've tried a lot of different rigs over the years. These are my favorites:

For Kydex, my favorite is Tulster.

For leather, Milt Sparks VM II.

For Hybrid, Comp-Tac MTAC.

Grim.Patriot
05-23-20, 10:51
Hard to beat an IWB Kydex holster custom fit to your handgun. One with a belt retention clip hat can be disengaged without removing the belt are super handy. Ten years ago I’d buy nothing but a Blade-Tech, today, my go to CCW holsters are made by Zorn, out of Arizona. Zorn fit my various Glocks great, they are minimalist, secure while easy on easy off.

impactbumper
05-25-20, 14:32
I use trex holsters and tier1 concealed

RWH24
05-25-20, 15:11
Being a XL dude, I never wore AIWB, UNTIL I found Davis Tactical. I gave seen in the house for a long time now so I will have to get used to carrying again.

Years ago I carried a 1911 but forward at 4-5pm position without a holster, 1970/80. OWB since until Davis.

Red-Drum
06-18-20, 16:59
Does anyone have a recommendation for an IWB holster for a CZ P-01? I'm currently using an old belly band. It works well, but sucks in Summer.

ViniVidivici
06-18-20, 22:02
I'm sure JM Custom Kydex has one.

DoubleW
06-19-20, 05:40
I pretty much only use JMCK at this point.
https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWB.html

AndyLate
06-19-20, 09:46
Hard to beat an IWB Kydex holster custom fit to your handgun. One with a belt retention clip hat can be disengaged without removing the belt are super handy. Ten years ago I’d buy nothing but a Blade-Tech, today, my go to CCW holsters are made by Zorn, out of Arizona. Zorn fit my various Glocks great, they are minimalist, secure while easy on easy off.

I agree, I use a Sidearmor with J-hooks. You can change to belt loops and/or a different cant, which is nice.

I am continually surprised how comfortable carrying my G19 IWB is. I'm talking 18 hour comfort, even when driving long distance. A stiff belt is required.

Sidearmor does not list a G48, but they responded to any inquiry I had very quickly via e-mail.

Andy

Red-Drum
06-19-20, 17:47
Thanks for the pointers.

Red*Lion
06-19-20, 20:44
Does anyone have a recommendation for an IWB holster for a CZ P-01? I'm currently using an old belly band. It works well, but sucks in Summer.

I would recommend the Vedder Lightuck kydex IWB holster. I have one in OD Green with the optional claw (I recommend it) that I use with my CZ75B. Works well, but make sure to have a quality and sturdy belt.

https://www.vedderholsters.com/lighttuck/

pag23
06-23-20, 05:54
I really like my Tenicor ...those T1 clips really secure the holster to your belt. I also have Bravo Concealment and I like how the clips are attached to the recessed parts of the holster to smooth the profile.